Darth Maul 1:1 bust ROLL CALL!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx skiman. hmm darnit going to have to ask the seller about this. I'll post some close up shots of it when i get the chance.

does any of ur bust have some type of smear or paint rub near the nose? thx

Here's my schnoz -

DarthMaulBust008.jpg

DarthMaulBust002.jpg

DarthMaulBust006.jpg

DarthMaulBust015.jpg

DarthMaulBust018.jpg

LOTRfan - Thanks for the pics. talked with the seller. gonna get some pictures for him. he stated he didn't see anything before shipping it off and he did inspect it. so hopefully i'll be able to get some cash back or something.

I think you could easily touch those spots up, hard to see anything wrong with the horn though.

no skillz whatsoever in touching up or painting. :banghead big noob in that department. any tips =) thx ski

no skillz whatsoever in touching up or painting. :banghead big noob in that department. any tips =) thx ski

Well the black would not be hard at all with just a flat black acrylic paint but the red I know is not a full fledged red and might need some mixing with some white, other than that a small tiny paint brush.

Well the black would not be hard at all with just a flat black acrylic paint but the red I know is not a full fledged red and might need some mixing with some white, other than that a small tiny paint brush.

thx! do you happen to know the procedures taken to paint a SS piece? do they hand brush these or use an air brush?

thx! do you happen to know the procedures taken to paint a SS piece? do they hand brush these or use an air brush?

I'm not really sure on that particular piece, but as long as it's not a shiny metallic coat... I would think hand would be all right in touching things up.

WTF?
Did the seller say it was mint and one of the horns arrived broken?

yup, said there was no issues with it. how in the world can you not see these issues. I understand minor, but they stick out like a sore thumb. :google

yup, said there was no issues with it. how in the world can you not see these issues. I understand minor, but they stick out like a sore thumb. :google

I still think it will be worth keeping the piece. If u can live with the damage, ask for a partial refund.

I still think it will be worth keeping the piece. If u can live with the damage, ask for a partial refund.

Yeah most likely ask for a partial refund. How much do you think would be reasonable?

Last edited:
I didn't know that was a break on the horns it's hard to tell from sitting right on top of it, I guess if the pics were taken from the side I could tell better.

any idea guys? don't want to rip the guy off. what would be a good partial refund? Thanks

does any of ur bust have some type of smear or paint rub near the nose? thx

Yeah, mine had a SMALL area with a brighter red just like yours..... Looks identical. But I would say that it's nothing to sweat over. I almost had a replacement sent by SS when I first got this, but wasn't really worth the hassle as even the NEXT piece sent to me may have had a TINY imperfection as well.....

But congrats on the piece! :banana

Yeah, mine had a SMALL area with a brighter red just like yours..... Looks identical. But I would say that it's nothing to sweat over. I almost had a replacement sent by SS when I first got this, but wasn't really worth the hassle as even the NEXT piece sent to me may have had a TINY imperfection as well.....

But congrats on the piece! :banana

thanks! just kinda bugs me that it's on the nose, kind of the focal point. the side not too much, as well as the horns. do you have any idea how much it would cost to have those touched up or a reasonable price to ask for? thanks chris!

Back