Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one:

One Sixth Republic

Andrew Kwan · 2 hrs ·

Dark Toys Deckard arrived today! Quite happy with him and my cyberpunk themed shelf is now full
🙂

View attachment 560183View attachment 560184View attachment 560185View attachment 560186
Nice. Nice Deckard. Nice cuberpunk theme shelf. What make is your officer K?

Judging by Deckard to K, looks like Deckard needs a small ankle extension. He's a wee bit short. Just a bit.

Yep, just a little bit taller and he's good to go. I don't think it would affect the outfit, either.

Like Monkey-bite84, I'm curious as to that Officer K figure. I've been back and forth about adding one to the display but would prefer sticking to characters from the original film.

Yep, just a little bit taller and he's good to go. I don't think it would affect the outfit, either.

Like Monkey-bite84, I'm curious as to that Officer K figure. I've been back and forth about adding one to the display but would prefer sticking to characters from the original film.
The Supermad K is quite good without any modifications.

The Supermad K is quite good without any modifications.
Thanks, Mr.E. If not mistaken, there was another manufacturer that released Officer K around the same time. I don't remember which was considered the better one. Most likely a combination of the two, no doubt.

I like the earlier recommendation of removing the stitching and gluing down the patterned fabric in the correct position.
Yeah, the huge threads are really starting to stand out with all these pics, especially the collar and the jacket. Looking forward to seeing the mods on this figure from forum members here

Looking really good already, what paints are you using on it?
Ah this was really just a mixture of acrylics. Createx Red, Jo Sonja Brown Earth and Warm White thinned down with water applied with a small brush and then blended with a q-tip. Like I said, it's really rough still, I'll be adding more colour and then airbrushing over the top to smooth things out.

Thanks for all the positive comments! Really appreciate it. I usually don't share any work online until it's finished but wanted to share this due to the lack of close up shots around currently.

I've been looking at how to improve the collar to more accurate ribbing and I think I'll look at some of the material used for t-shirt collars in a close colour I can dye. I did a similar thing for DID's U-Boat Captain to get his collar closer to the one on Jurgen Prochnow's jacket in Das Boot with some good success, but that jacket required a lot more work than I think this one will (full recolour and adding a zip). I'll airbrush some shadow and depth into the jacket and run some wire through the belt to get a bit more control out of it too.

There's a lot of little things to tinker with on this figure, which I personally find the most rewarding aspect of the hobby.

P2040111.JPG

All the hands still need to be painted too.

Thanks, Mr.E. If not mistaken, there was another manufacturer that released Officer K around the same time. I don't remember which was considered the better one. Most likely a combination of the two, no doubt.
Blackbox released two versions as well.

Ah this was really just a mixture of acrylics. Createx Red, Jo Sonja Brown Earth and Warm White thinned down with water applied with a small brush and then blended with a q-tip. Like I said, it's really rough still, I'll be adding more colour and then airbrushing over the top to smooth things out.

Thanks for all the positive comments! Really appreciate it. I usually don't share any work online until it's finished but wanted to share this due to the lack of close up shots around currently.

I've been looking at how to improve the collar to more accurate ribbing and I think I'll look at some of the material used for t-shirt collars in a close colour I can dye. I did a similar thing for DID's U-Boat Captain to get his collar closer to the one on Jurgen Prochnow's jacket in Das Boot with some good success, but that jacket required a lot more work than I think this one will (full recolour and adding a zip). I'll airbrush some shadow and depth into the jacket and run some wire through the belt to get a bit more control out of it too.

There's a lot of little things to tinker with on this figure, which I personally find the most rewarding aspect of the hobby.

View attachment 560259

You're killing it, man. That repaint/touch up is enviable. Great work!

View attachment 560259

You're doing amazing work!

Looks like this figure is one Redman's rare diamonds in the rough.

With the Chinese New Year and KGH saying they were closing down for the holiday I didn't expect much movement on the parcel at all.

But I just received an email from Royal Mail:

We’ve been notified that a parcel has been posted to you from KL CHEUNG in Hong Kong.

We’ll let you know when it’s in the UK and Royal Mail has it for delivery.

Checking Royal Mail's tracking it says: Item Leaving overseas

Hong Kong Post updated a little later to confirm: Handed over to carrier / Left for destination

Nothing makes a lot of sense at the moment. There's still supposed to be an extra two weeks "waiting for air allotment" for parcels bound for the UK. Yet KGH only got this one into the post on 31st January.

Strange, but I'll take it. :lol

EDIT:

Even weirder, Royal Mail sent me another email with another update to say "Item Leaving overseas". Now the tracking shows the parcel leaving twice at two different times. :unsure:

Last edited:
Back