Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting these pictures guys. The more I see, the more excited I get for this figure.

I don't want to break the flow, but now something COMPLETELY different.
I know NOTHING beats the Vangelis score to BR 2019, but if you like music and like to try something new, please read on.

A couple of years back, I stumbled upon a musical style they call "Dream Punk" or "Vapor Wave". It complements perfectly with the atmosphere that the Blade Runner universe evokes. If you have some spare time, listen to the music while you enjoy your Deckard figure (or are customizing it). Don't hold back if you know artists / labels of this genre I should check out.

Thanks for reading this far…

新しい日の誕生

Hong Kong Express

DARKPYRAMID
Cytherea Somniare

Sangam
You Forget This

PURE LIFE
Ambient Punk Vol. II

Ghoul
Fiend
Ghoul - Fiend (Full Album Vinyl LP) [NOIR-001] [Trip Hop Downtempo]

Kagami Smile
Dream Residue
Kagami Smile - Dream Residue [MANA-005 Full Movie]

The complete VOID - compilation series (VOID-001 - VOID-005) by different artist on the vill4in (read as VILLAIN) label.
SANGAM (VOID-003 VHS PREMIERE) @VILL4IN

Needles to say, there are many many more, but this is a solid start.

If you don't like the physical media (vinyl, CD, cassette), of course you can get all of these releases in digital form too. Most can be found on Bandcamp.

View attachment 560150Got mine today, couldn't resist some preliminary paint work, I think it'll come up pretty great without a lot of hassle, already happy to display like this.

This is the secondary head, removed the blood and eyebrows with light application of some acetone on a q-tip. Then put some colour into the complexion, really just some base staining to see the details but the sculpt is really there.
I thought it might be a bit soft, but evidently not the case.

Shortened the neck a little too. Might go further, but still just experimenting.

Really elated to have this figure.. been a dream for decades.
Amazing paint work. Great job.

That White Dragon display is incredible... but I agree that its odd the artist put so much attention to detail on the set but seemingly very little on posing of the figures in the display.

But really cool nonetheless.

Now I only see the misplaced collar pattern..... What an eye soar..
I wonder who will be the brave one to fix it and show us the way

Posted by Vincent Rodella:

rd.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZkD7jx...NNU5dvrkcPvzQq1JRr2flmgiDAKPRGifD7EkELMLlmnKA

Gotta say I'm liking this coat even better than my Iris one, since the stitched lines on the collar are spaced out a whole lot better. So guess I'll need to snag one of those off ebay as well.

Better than Iris? That's good to know.

I want to cut off those knots that are holding the buttons in place on the underside of the coat though. I think I'd just Fabri-tac the buttons back on and lose the unsightly threaded knots. Its the only thing that distracts me on the coat. Maybe better futzing would hide it and show off the buttons in front more.

Yeah it appears this coat has the same problem where it's awfully hard to futz it so that you aren't seeing the inside of the coat all the way down. The fabric is just too stiff to allow you to curve it inward more like we see in the movie, even after lots of water treatments.

Gotta say I'm liking this coat even better than my Iris one, since the stitched lines on the collar are spaced out a whole lot better. So guess I'll need to snag one of those off ebay as well.

High praise indeed!

There was another couple of in hand photos posted yesterday, but I held off sharing them because Rick looked like a giraffe.

From YuuCoo Hello:

rrr.jpg
rrrr.jpg

Better than Iris? That's good to know.

I want to cut off those knots that are holding the buttons in place on the underside of the coat though. I think I'd just Fabri-tac the buttons back on and lose the unsightly threaded knots. Its the only thing that distracts me on the coat. Maybe better futzing would hide it and show off the buttons in front more.
That's exactly what's bothering me: those knots! Gives away the scale.

It seems that my order has actually left HK today! I hope customs don't hold it too long once it arrives here... .

Last edited:
Back