Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently David Slade just dropped out of this due to scheduling conflicts which means 20th Century Fox has until the Fall to get a film in production or else lose the rights to Marvel Studios.

Discuss.

They should just let the rights go, it's ____ing Daredevil. I like the character, but he's never gonna be a big money maker.

They should just let the rights go, it's ____ing Daredevil. I like the character, but he's never gonna be a big money maker.

I would have said the same thing about Thor before that character's movie came out. Marvel Studios made a good movie that grossed $450 million worldwide. I'm sure Disney is hoping to get this one back.

Hollywood is rebooting/remaking films less than 10 years old, even if they were successful!? Classic.
^So much THIS! :clap

Yes, we know Hollywood is where good ideas go to DIE.

Yes, it's been creatively bankrupt for ages, but c'mon! :gah:

There should be a cosmic law that anyone who uses the word "reboot" in a context other than electronic equipment gets his/her teeth bashed in.

With a sledgehammer.

(Overreaction? Eh, only a little.:wink1:)

They can keep Garner, I thought she was great and Farrell as Bullseye was awesome, but Afleck as Daredevil I just couldn't buy into. He did the best he could, but every time he tried to act mad or mean it just made me wince and laugh and the same time. I couldn't take him serious.
It was far from a bad movie though IMO.

They've been doing great with the Writers/Directors they've been selecting for reboots lately, so Im looking forward to seeing what they do..... :monkey1

Was watching Daredevil Director's Cut again recently and I really love it. Thought it was a great movie. Love the tone of the movie. It was very TDK-ish, dark and gritty.

Didn't quite like Garner but thought that Afleck played the role really well. He is Murdoc in my eyes.

Some really cool action scenes (the bar fight in the beginning, the fights with Bulleye, the fight with Kingpin).

I totally forgotten that John Favrou was it in. LOL

They can keep Garner, I thought she was great and Farrell as Bullseye was awesome, but Afleck as Daredevil I just couldn't buy into. He did the best he could, but every time he tried to act mad or mean it just made me wince and laugh and the same time. I couldn't take him serious.
It was far from a bad movie though IMO.

They've been doing great with the Writers/Directors they've been selecting for reboots lately, so Im looking forward to seeing what they do..... :monkey1

I felt the exact opposite. I thought Afleck did great as Murdock and despised Farrell's overacting Bullseye. :monkey1

Daredevil director WAS bad.

He's one of the worst.

Director of such classics as Ghost Rider, and When in Rome....holy ____. That movie was the worst thing I've sat through since Ghost Rider.

I like the movie in special the directors cut the part is bad is when he figth agains Electra in the park with children arround...tha part was sucks!!!

I felt the exact opposite. I thought Afleck did great as Murdock and despised Farrell's overacting Bullseye. :monkey1

I kinda loved Ben in the movie, the movie didn't have any good action or a lot of fights, and a lot of cheesy moments, (anytime Elektra was on screen it was a Cheese fest...)
but I really liked Ben as daredevil, I know he is a joke and people hate him, he kinda sucks, but in daredevil it worked for me,

Daredevil would have been great if it were an 80s movie. :rotfl

I don't mind it though and liked the costume, would like to see a good director with a good script take a run at a reboot.

There should be a cosmic law that anyone who uses the word "reboot" in a context other than electronic equipment gets his/her teeth bashed in.

With a sledgehammer.
:lol

Count me in as a fan of the 2003 film.. for the most part. I thought Affleck did well, the suit was excellent, & those 'sonar' scenes showing his special sense were great. Agreed that Farrell was silly, & the park equipment scenes with JG were equally as.

That said - I welcome a new series for sure - love DD. :rock

The theatrical cut was all over the place but the directors cut is quite an under-rated movie. Second favourite character after Spidey. I'd prefer if Marvel did get the rights back to this character.

The latest:

Deadline reports talk from “studio insiders” that say Fox is actually looking at letting Daredevil go back to Marvel. Sure, the studio has a reportedly great script in hand with a ’70s thriller / classic Frank Miller vibe and Joe Carnahan (The Grey) in talks to direct. Looking at the recent Fox lineup, however, the success the studio has had with films like X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Planet of the Apes point to the studio being a lot more interested in Fantastic Four than Daredevil. A ’70s thriller vigilante hero movie isn’t the sort of thing Fox seems interested in now.

What Fox reportedly is interested in is either co-financing Daredevil with Marvel and Disney, or just letting the character go. This one is developing, and we’ll have more soon. Don’t get to set on any one outcome until we know there’s a real deal in place.

https://www.slashfilm.com/fox-denie...=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+slashfilm+(/Film)

If the co-financing deal actually goes through where Marvel is allowed to play with DD and use that stable and vice versa with the Marvel Film U, I guarantee you that Sony, which is bleeding in the film department, will probably look to that for Spidey if it needs cash. They already sold off the merchandising rights to Marvel/Disney.

I really wish they'd all just co-produce. Let all the characters play in the sandbox. Everyone wins. Fans get to see more characters together like we want, the studios have less of their own money in each film, and they still get lots of money in the end. Whats the hold up! :lol

Daredevil was bad on so many levels, bad acting, bad directing, and bad wardrobe. hope the reboot is beter

Back