Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DD2003 is a good movie whatsoever. BUT we need something more unique, stylish and solid so I prefer to wait as much as it needs to appear rather than get something so/so next year... and then wait even longer.

Elektra sufferred from the same problem as Black Widow. She's not foreign enough.

Elektra is greek and BW is russian, neither had any accents, they were for all intents & purposes generic Americans :(
True. :lol

Still - like Chapter9, I dig the Elektra film, I've owned it for a while now, & it's definitely got re-watch value for me. I dig Jennifer Garner too.

The documentary on the DVD is excellent too btw. Lots of interview stuff with Frank Miller, & a real in depth look at the character over the life of the comic.

I've always liked the DD film as well - even with it's crappy aspects. :lol

I recently watched the 'directors cut' version of Daredevil and I actually did not hate it. I think the worst thing about it is probably the use of modern rock music instead of an original score. They were obviously really trying to sell that soundtrack. Also, Ben Affleck is pretty flat in it. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen.

True. :lol

Still - like Chapter9, I dig the Elektra film, I've owned it for a while now, & it's definitely got re-watch value for me. I dig Jennifer Garner too.

The documentary on the DVD is excellent too btw. Lots of interview stuff with Frank Miller, & a real in depth look at the character over the life of the comic.

I've always liked the DD film as well - even with it's crappy aspects. :lol

Elektra has to be one of the worst superhero movies I've seen,
even worst than Ghost rider 2.

I recently watched the 'directors cut' version of Daredevil and I actually did not hate it. I think the worst thing about it is probably the use of modern rock music instead of an original score. They were obviously really trying to sell that soundtrack. Also, Ben Affleck is pretty flat in it. Its not the worst movie I've ever seen.

I love the directors cut. doesn't really have a strong villain but I like it, I like it a lot more than Fantastic 4 or the first punisher for example.

DDDC is a fun and entertaining movie, like the ending with the reporter deleting his story.

I might even enjoy DDDC more than TDKR. :lol

FF4 # 1 DC is also fun.

That's what you get when you want Marvel Studios to control all their characters....many of them gathering dust.

Feige is misspeaking, or I should say jumping the gun.

Director Joe Carnahan seems to be ready to toss in the towel on the last ditch attempt to reboot the Marvel superhero Daredevil before Fox’s rights to the franchise expire this fall. Carnahan sent out a tweet today saying, “I think my idea for a certain retro, red-suited, Serpico-styled superhero went up in smoke today kids.”

The rights do not expire until Fall of 2013. If 20th Century Fox wanted to, they could go back to David Slade or even hire someone new to hit it, what the bloggers are assuming is that they won't.

Plus Feige has the option to make the film under the Marvel Studios banner if he wants or even use the character in any of the existing projects.

There are already rumors about how they are going to utilize it once it occurs with many pointing to cameo options using Murdock first over Daredevil himself.

What is best to assume is that 20th Century Fox is probably thrown their hands up and said "just let them expire" but if they wanted to they could snag them at the last second. In order to keep them they'd just have to film something and put it in a movie theater and sell one ticket, the thing is for Fox the DD brand hasn't been worth what was paid for it.

Pity Sony did not negotiate with Fox. A crossover with Spidey would have been great.

Unfortunately busy so I couldn't really hit the site as much as I'd like but I pop in when I can.

It should be noted that Marvel is thinking about doing "Secret Avengers" or even "New Avengers" to try and capitalize on the whole Avengers thing on the years that their tentpole isn't up and running and a character like Daredevil could easily be shoehorned in there. Of course it's all blogger rumors and "I heard this from some guy...." but it seems logical to stick a team similar to The Avengers, take someone like SLJ or even Chris Evans who have multi deals on the table and kickstart another franchise.

Pity Sony did not negotiate with Fox. A crossover with Spidey would have been great.

Sony's ASM rights may be in jeopardy too, not because the film didn't do well but because their film division is supposedly bleeding hard. The merchandising rights for ASM2 already belong to Marvel.

I would also point out that the villains of Daredevil revert as well which means you might see Bulleye, Kingpin, Typhoid Mary all before you see actual Daredevil.

Back