Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oscar Isaac Wants to be Daredevil...

landing_oscar.jpg

Recently it's been reported that Daredevil is the next property to get the ol' reboot treatment. Rumors abound that several actors would like a shot at being Matt Murdock (Being Matt Murdock…sounds like it should have John Malkovich in it, huh?). If this is true that 20th Century Fox wants to take another stab at the red suited hero, it will be interesting to see who steps up for the part.

…it won't be Ben Affleck…

Affleck stated years ago that, "Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me, and something I wouldn’t want to do again soon." OK, strike him from the list…

Others who ARE reportedly interested are Jason (Transporter) Statham..who Frank Miller actually endorsed, and Oscar Isaac, who stated, “Daredevil is such an amazing character, I would love to do that,” Isaac said. “I’m not going to rag on the other Daredevil, but I would actually make myself blind for the role, that’s how much I want to do it. I would poke my eyes out, and then you would have an actual blind guy playing Daredevil. That would be my pitch. That’s where I’m starting at. Maybe I’ll rework it a little later, but I’m going to go with actually being blind.”

O….K….at least he's REALLY into the role…

Even so, with the right actor and right director, Daredevil could be a pretty badass franchise.

I don't know who Oscar Isaac is but can you imagine Jason Statham in that role?!?!? He wouldn't fit the Matt Murdock role but the Daredevil role would be outstanding...

I find it funny that companies are now having to reboot movies that are only a few years old. I guess its good that even studios can recognize crap whent they sell it, but makes you wonder if they intentionally release a bad movie just so they can reboot later on :lol

Dunno about a reboot though, I think they should do like Hulk and make it more of a sequel in that it doesn't have an origin story.

Actually with this series I would love a reboot with a Batman Begins like origin story! The origin of his powers is kinda lame and very dated, but the origin of Daredevil from Matt Murdock is pretty cool!

Some new movement on this front...

DAREDEVIL Reboot Confirmed
Back in 2008, Frank Miller and Jason Statham both expressed interest in rebooting DAREDEVIL and Tom Rothman, head of FOX, made it clear that was something the high-ups were interested in.

Then last May I reported that Katee Sackhoff was rumored to be in the running for Typhoid Mary. In that article I said I hoped it was for a DAREDEVIL reboot as opposed to a part of the DEADPOOL movie.

Now it’s being reported that a DAREDEVIL reboot has been confirmed. This comes from Screen Rant: “Mike Fleming just picked up the exclusive that Daredevil is now definitely being rebooted. Regency will be handling the remake for distributor Fox and David Scarpa will be writing the script.”

Ok, So why is this a bad thing? Because it’s FOX. The only reason they are doing this now is to retain the rights to the character, not because they have the ‘right’ script. The truth is that I’d much rather they wait and let the rights go back to MARVEL, rather than rely on FOX to do something right. If the rights went back to MARVEL then Daredevil could show up in other movies as well. So yes, I know that I said this is what I wanted before, but I’ve since seen the light. I just want this done right.

That would be funny--Statham with a wig, doing a horrible American accent, attempting to play the part of a blind lawyer. Sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit gone bad.

Statham is very good at what he does, but I don't think that translates into being a good Daredevil by any means.

Maybe he could just be Daredevil....an old Lou/Bixby move? I don't know...then again I never thought Ledger would be a good Joker.

Statham as Bullseye - that I could see. But not Matt. They'll want to go younger anyway.

I think for Daredevil, more even than looks, you need someone with the acting range to play a really pitiful bastard, as DD was during the Miller run and beyond in the 80s. A guy who gets beat the f up on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Who falls, experiences real darkness, and gets pushed to the edge, but can keep coming back because at heart, he's a hero.

Affleck didn't come close to having the skills, in my opinion (though that wasn't the previous film's only or major flaw). Maybe Christian Bale could, though I don't think there is a remote chance of him taking the role of course (and I'm not one of those guys who goes around suggesting that Bale should play every role in every film created from here on, as some appeared to be during the Dark Knight hype :lol ). I think Ryan Gosling could do it, though he would need to bulk up a bit. I could even imagine the A-Team guys of either Bradley Cooper or Sharlto Copley, though I don't think we've seen enough of either of them to know their real range (or ability to pull off convincing American accents).

Of course, some unknown would probably work best.

--edit: I see Guy Pearce suggested above. I think that could work--

If Miller is involved and they make this a dark movie it has he potential to be great. I enjoyed the DC of the first movie. Bring it on i say.

Well, I don't know if Miller's involvement nowadays is a good idea or not. No doubt, he was the man in the 80s, and his ideas and stories from that period are still great, but since then? Dark Knight Returns, All Star Batman and Robin, the Spirit film. . . :monkey4

Frankly Daredevil may just not translate well to cinema.

From his outfit, to the implausible way he uses his billy club to his weak powers, it just seems destined to be a bit campy on film. I say this as a woman who probably would never have read superhero comics ever if someone had not introduced me to Frank Miller's Daredevil run when I was young.

I mean to make Batman not look like a tool they had to strip his outfit of all colour and add a whole back story to justify his costume's existence from a utility standpoint. Random New York lawyer is not going to have Lucuis Fox/Tony Stark to run to for the gadgets necessary to take a character with no super strength/endurance/flight to a level that competes story-wise with characters like Superman and Spider-man, who simply blow you away with their abilities.

What makes Daredevil interesting is that he is so limited and handicapped yet still puts on a circus suit and goes out and fights crime. I thought the outfit from the Affleck film was fine, but I'd agree that they need a great actor to convey the angst of the character.

It will have to be someone under 30 though, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that would be perfect for the role.

What makes Daredevil interesting is that he is so limited and handicapped yet still puts on a circus suit and goes out and fights crime. I thought the outfit from the Affleck film was fine, but I'd agree that they need a great actor to convey the angst of the character.

It will have to be someone under 30 though, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that would be perfect for the role.

I think that having someone too young would be silly, TBH. He is, after all, a lawyer and most lawyers tend not to have their own law offices while under 30... I've never imagined DD being younger then 33-35. The thought of someone under 30 playing him makes me think of a less mature, almost Perter Parker, portrayal of Murdock.... I hate to bring up Bale but someone around his age would work for me.

Back