Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They want to make Punisher a detective who hunts down and brings criminals to justice every episode. Basically a legal Dog the Bounty Hunter sans mullet. :monkey1

Cool, Tony Shalhoub as Frank Castle, they can put this right between Burn Notice and White Collar. :lol

Same here. Just brilliant. One of Miller's best works.

:duff
His entire run is epic, so thats really saying alot imo, but I love how they broke him down, just to rebuild him even stronger and get back to the basis of him being "the man without fear". Plus, some of the best use of the supporting characters. So much tension through those arcs. Loved every frame.

At first I was completely against the whole "retro" thing, but actually, that would've worked since DD wouldn't have been connected to the Marvel Studios films. :(

DeNiro as Kingpin.... :thud:

Personally, I dig the 70's tone. Imagine a "retro" Marvel Knights mini-universe. Daredevil in the same vein as Taxi Driver, The Punisher a la Death Wish, Heroes for Hire as a Kung-Fu/Exploitation film, Moon Knight, Blade, and even the Tomb of Dracula stuff as pseudo-horror/exploitation films. I could see it, even though it'd never happen.

Most of that I can see, but. . .

Daredevil in the same vein as Taxi Driver
JueeJ.gif

You saying Murdoch is like Bickle somehow?

I do like your lineup though batfan... Punisher, DD, HfH, and MoonKnight could all work very well in a shared universe.

I'm talking about the same tone and overall aesthetic, not the character in particular.

Yep, want to see a movie as dark and gritty as some of the Miller stuff. Although I have nightmares that the DD reboot stars this guy...
robert_pattinson300.jpg

:horror

I'm real disapointed Marvel got the rights back for Daredevil, would've been fine if they were gonna use him, but they clearly aren't so it means we won't be getting a new DD films for a long time now :(

Last edited:
While it was by no means a good movie I did find that the Director's Cut was much more entertaining than the theatrical release.

I liked it for the most part but wasn't a fan of Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P) coudn't sell a criminal role after his performance in Green Mile. Elektra was the lowpoint of the film.

Even though Bullseye was over the top, he was fun to watch. Like on the plane when he killed the chattering old lady :lol

Last edited:
I liked it for the most part but wasn't a fan of Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P) coudn't sell a criminal role after his performance in Green Mile. Elektra was the lowpoint of the film.

I still have yet to see the Green Mile. :(

I really liked him as Kingpin though. As for Elektra, I'm a sucker for the spin-off movie of hers. I used to watch it quite a bit. :lol (I'm not helping my case here, I'm sure.)

Elektra sufferred from the same problem as Black Widow. She's not foreign enough.

Elektra is greek and BW is russian, neither had any accents, they were for all intents & purposes generic Americans :(

Back