Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry boys, Bad news on the Daredevil going to Marvel Front as of today.

"There's some exciting news for the future of Marvel on the big screen today as Variety reports that 20th Century Fox and Walt Disney Pictures are negotiating a deal that could potentially send the rights to some key "Fantastic Four" characters back to Marvel Studios. In return, Fox would get an extension in releasing their rebooted Daredevil, now said to have Joe Carnahan in discussions to direct.

Without an extension, Fox will have to move forward with Daredevil immediately and begin production by October 10th. The deal would potentially give Marvel Studios the ability to use characters like the Silver Surfer, Galactus and Uatu the Watcher in upcoming releases.

If a deal is worked out, there's still no assurance of when or how the new characters might be utilized, but they'd certainly fit right in to Marvel's plans to expand their cinematic universe to the cosmos with 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Carnahan, who directed this year's The Grey, is also slated to remake Death Wish for MGM.

David Slade was previously attached to Daredevil, but recently left the project. The studio is also rebooting Fantastic Four and have set Chronicle director Josh Trank to helm."

Sorry boys, Bad news on the Daredevil going to Marvel Front as of today.

"There's some exciting news for the future of Marvel on the big screen today as Variety reports that 20th Century Fox and Walt Disney Pictures are negotiating a deal that could potentially send the rights to some key "Fantastic Four" characters back to Marvel Studios. In return, Fox would get an extension in releasing their rebooted Daredevil, now said to have Joe Carnahan in discussions to direct.

Without an extension, Fox will have to move forward with Daredevil immediately and begin production by October 10th. The deal would potentially give Marvel Studios the ability to use characters like the Silver Surfer, Galactus and Uatu the Watcher in upcoming releases.

If a deal is worked out, there's still no assurance of when or how the new characters might be utilized, but they'd certainly fit right in to Marvel's plans to expand their cinematic universe to the cosmos with 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Carnahan, who directed this year's The Grey, is also slated to remake Death Wish for MGM.

David Slade was previously attached to Daredevil, but recently left the project."

This might not be too bad. I hope whomever decides to make the next Daredevil movie gets it right because he's a very strong B-list character that can be successful if handled properly.

The studio is also rebooting Fantastic Four and have set Chronicle director Josh Trank to helm.

This really intrigues me as I ended up really liking Chronicle after dismissing it while in theaters.

Juxtaposing less fantastic characters (Hawkeye, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc.) with the more fantastic ones (Hulk, Iron Man, et al.) could make for some good drama and storytelling if done well. I think Daredevil/Matt Murdoch could be a real anchor of the proposed Marvel TV series, if nothing else. He's a really complex and interesting character that has had some great comic stories that could influence live-action stories moving forward. I'll cross fingers that Marvel will use him, and will use him well.

I'm really itching for some good live action Marvel TV. Getting Daredevil and all the related characters especially The Kingpin back means they have everything they need to create the street level Marvel Universe. They could do a Punisher show and have an occasional crossover. TV may also be the best place to introduce Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I'm really itching for some good live action Marvel TV. Getting Daredevil and all the related characters especially The Kingpin back means they have everything they need to create the street level Marvel Universe. They could do a Punisher show and have an occasional crossover. TV may also be the best place to introduce Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

DO NOT WANT! Read the Punisher TV show proposal Disney/Marvel came up with. He's a detective. :monkey1

https://io9.com/5935123/sizzle-reel-shows-hints-of-the-gritty-daredevil-movie-fox-wont-be-making

Sizzle reel shows hints of the gritty Daredevil movie Fox won’t be making

A few days ago a deflated director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) took to Twitter to announce that his pitch for a Serpico-styled Daredevil movie had gone up in smoke. And now he's released his exciting sizzle reel, cobbled together from Daredevil comics panels and past violent movies. Here's the bloody "NC-17" version — think of it as a mood board for the movie that we'll never see.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cVd9HalHs[/ame]

https://io9.com/5935123/sizzle-reel-shows-hints-of-the-gritty-daredevil-movie-fox-wont-be-making

A few days ago a deflated director Joe Carnahan (The Grey) took to Twitter to announce that his pitch for a Serpico-styled Daredevil movie had gone up in smoke. And now he's released his exciting sizzle reel, cobbled together from Daredevil comics panels and past violent movies. Here's the bloody "NC-17" version — think of it as a mood board for the movie that we'll never see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cVd9HalHs

Wow, what a craptastic video, but at least whoever made it got the comic scenes perfect, Miller and Mazzucchelli's run had to be one of the greatest and they took some of their best as inspiration.

I will always remember the end of that issue when Kingpin blew up the brownstone. He had Matt so freaking skull ****ed and then gave his hand up.

"Nice piece of work Kingpin - you shouldn't have signed it."

Born again is probably one of my favorite of all Daredevil storylines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cVd9HalHs

At first I was completely against the whole "retro" thing, but actually, that would've worked since DD wouldn't have been connected to the Marvel Studios films. :(

DeNiro as Kingpin.... :thud:

At first I was completely against the whole "retro" thing, but actually, that would've worked since DD wouldn't have been connected to the Marvel Studios films. :(

DeNiro as Kingpin.... :thud:

Look at it this way, with Fox failing to bring anything to the table the rights will revert and we might actually get a good Daredevil film from the people who are supposed to be making the movie.

Look at it this way, with Fox failing to bring anything to the table the rights will revert and we might actually get a good Daredevil film from the people who are supposed to be making the movie.

Granted, but I'm wondering if Daredevil will get the justice he deserves (I'd love to see The Man Without Fear brought to the big screen) with them building a franchise around him, or if he's just another namedrop they'll potentially shoehorn into Avengers or a halfassed TV show.

Granted, but I'm wondering if Daredevil will get the justice he deserves (I'd love to see The Man Without Fear brought to the big screen) with them building a franchise around him, or if he's just another namedrop they'll potentially shoehorn into Avengers or a halfassed TV show.

Well since they got Blade, Punisher and Daredevil all back now it might be cool if they did little lower budget (100mil maybe) films for some of the street level Characters and really focus on storytelling.

And I agree, Man Without Fear would be awesome or even a little truer version of Born again and you could even have the Cap Cameo!...I know wishful thinking.

100 Mill is big budget Summer Blockbuster money...:lol

Should be done for 50 Mil, or at the very most, 80 million.

Well since they got Blade, Punisher and Daredevil all back now it might be cool if they did little lower budget (100mil maybe) films for some of the street level Characters and really focus on storytelling.

And I agree, Man Without Fear would be awesome or even a little truer version of Born again and you could even have the Cap Cameo!...I know wishful thinking.

I just want a Punisher movie in the vein of Jane's SDCC short. :pray:

I just want a Punisher movie in the vein of Jane's SDCC short. :pray:

Without forming a team they could make a loose "sub" universe with interaction with DD, Punisher, and some of the other grittier heros who aren't saving the world, Of course if Punisher is true to the comics, his and DD's interactions probably won't be the friendliest. :lol

Without forming a team they could make a loose "sub" universe with interaction with DD, Punisher, and some of the other grittier heros who aren't saving the world, Of course if Punisher is true to the comics, his and DD's interactions probably won't be the friendliest. :lol

They want to make Punisher a detective who hunts down and brings criminals to justice every episode. Basically a legal Dog the Bounty Hunter sans mullet. :monkey1

Back