Daredevil: The Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a hard time picturing a Twilight director as a comic director. Maybe I just sell Twilight short because it has annoying fans or a crappy cast...

I have a hard time picturing a Twilight director as a comic director. Maybe I just sell Twilight short because it has annoying fans or a crappy cast...

I go to all the Twilight movies with the wife, and to be honest I really was not looking forward to Eclipse, as I only liked the last 15 mins of New Moon and pretty much thought the first one was comedy, but to my surprise I found Eclipse to be a really good movie, and the action scenes are really well done. David Slade actually managed to even get that Jacob guy to act, so in my book Daredevil is in good hands.

Director David Slade, who we just reported last week is attached to direct 20th Century Fox's Daredevil Reboot, wanted to give an update to clear up any rumors about the Daredevil Reboot, as well as Deadpool and The Wolverine, via his Twitter page. Here is what he had to say:

"So without breaking confidentiality, yes Daredevil, we have a great outline for a very strong character driven take on Mr. Matt Murdock. It will bare no relation to the previous Daredevil movie in any way. We are at early planning stages and have not yet discussed any cast.

Love Deadpool, was never engaged in the (quite fantastic) script, last I heard studio was looking at comedy directors. None of my business.

The Wolverine, there have been no discussions about this project to date. Interesting to see what will happen with that as the again excellent script by Chris McQuarrie was set largely in Japan."

It'll never happen, obviously, but an HBO / Showtime series that followed Bendis' and/or Brubaker's run on Daredevil would be incredible.

Continuations on this front:

Twitter-Buzz_Daredevil.jpg

I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of all these super hero movies as well as all these reboots. Yes, this includes Batman as well. After next year with projects such as The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers, I hope this genre burns out.

Yeah, I think the movies need to turn down a bit... The market is saturated with Comic book movies, sequels reboots and origins...

I'd like some more fresh movies that are one offs and not a BS 'planned trilogy'! Avatar is an example of this... The movie stands well and the would will survive with out the next two films. I know I'll see them, but do we really need 2-5 movie films about it?

As for DareDevils reboot... James Franco could be good... Michael Fassbender?

Yeah, I think the movies need to turn down a bit... The market is saturated with Comic book movies, sequels reboots and origins...

I'd like some more fresh movies that are one offs and not a BS 'planned trilogy'! Avatar is an example of this... The movie stands well and the would will survive with out the next two films. I know I'll see them, but do we really need 2-5 movie films about it?

As for DareDevils reboot... James Franco could be good... Michael Fassbender?

Franco all the way!

Am I the only one who feels that the first Daredevil film was a decent film? I kind of liked Affleck myself.
Gotta go with what Cokebabies wrote. A Daredevil series on HBO or Showtime would be excellent. There are so many great story threads from Miller, Bendis and Brubaker.

The main thing that bugs me about that movie in hindsight is the awful awful awful awful see-saw scene (say that 6 times fast!). I actually bought the DVD when it first came out I liked it so much.

The main thing that bugs me about that movie in hindsight is the awful awful awful awful see-saw scene (say that 6 times fast!). I actually bought the DVD when it first came out I liked it so much.

That scene is kind of silly but I think the director(who also did Ghost Rider) tried to get as close to the spirit of scenes you might see in a comic book.

Back