Action Figure DAMTOYS Mentor Ezio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mind sharing the mod that you saw? Curious to see what it does to the hood and how it looks.
Cutting up a $300+ figure would be a little difficult for me I think.
I might try that tape method though.
36b49708f4debb9d1513325a46616f3d.jpg
5c4a887d83532749fb2edb729fb1726d.jpg
0400d76422dd39d094c2a4e9d9fc817d.jpg
5da10990bfcc2f66b69e439d5eb22e00.jpg
1b9ac935032b1424122a74c1a68136ac.jpg

Cutting up a $300+ figure would be a little difficult for me I think.
I might try that tape method though.
36b49708f4debb9d1513325a46616f3d.jpg
5c4a887d83532749fb2edb729fb1726d.jpg
0400d76422dd39d094c2a4e9d9fc817d.jpg
5da10990bfcc2f66b69e439d5eb22e00.jpg
1b9ac935032b1424122a74c1a68136ac.jpg
That's one way to make the hood sit well. Glad to see someone removed the cape was it difficult or easy to do?

"Final product may be slightly different" Yeah... you don't say...
Funny how DamToys gets a pass but if Hot Toys has a degrade in quality like that from the prototype people would be up in arms about it. :lol

More power to you if you're happy with that. Every single one of their production Assassin Creed figure has had a big downgrade in the hood, which is arguably one of the more important aspects of the character designs. God forbid people ask for better quality when it comes to these figures that cost about $300 and want something closer to what was advertised when put up for sale.

Why even show a hood that even looks that good if every single one of your production hoods end up looking like some thick cheap version of it?

Every time people complain about the hood until someone takes the time to treat it right. As with almost every figure that comes out, people just slap it up with no thought. Are the hoods the same as the protos? No, but with TLC they can look really good. If I wasn't still waiting on mine I'd work it up and photograph it. But all the previous releases can be futzed to look really good.

Anyone else still waiting for theirs from OSK?

And yes honestly all of these photos so far have been on the unflattering side with how the clothing is futz. I'd like to see someone actually properly futz it to see what they can achieve. I've seen wonders with the Asmus Gandalf, would like to see what can be done with this.

Every time people complain about the hood until someone takes the time to treat it right. As with almost every figure that comes out, people just slap it up with no thought. Are the hoods the same as the protos? No, but with TLC they can look really good. If I wasn't still waiting on mine I'd work it up and photograph it. But all the previous releases can be futzed to look really good.

Anyone else still waiting for theirs from OSK?

Well I just think that the hood is the most important/iconic part of an Assassins Creed design, so it should be the thing they really focus on nailing.

It attaches to his belt/clothes with a little metal clip type thing. All you gotta do is unhook it. Very simple.
I removed mine due to a weird (what I assume is) unintentional spotty weathering.
Ah ok that's simple enough. Yeah that's weird I don't believe his cape was all that dirty in the cinematic opening as he only has it on for like the first half when he's traveling and removes it when he gets into a fight with the templars at masyaf. After that he never wears it again in the entire game.

IMG_2773.jpg

Im really happy with mine, just need to work that hood a bit. Not sure I'm ready to shave away the back of the head just yet :lol

I don't think Damtoys should get a pass if the variation is great from the prototype. The hood is not that great. Also, I don't know if it's just me but the costume colour seems to be too light? I don't know if this has been pointed out but the hands are too light in colour when compared to his face.

I like my Assassin figures, but sadly, I just expect them to not look like the promos, no matter how much I futz them. But I?m happy enough that I have them.

Edit: also, cool pic Joe

Just got him today and he's pretty cool. But you guys were right the hood is terrible, I feel the issue was they made it to big in some areas and the wires get in the way. The sculpt could be better but it's ok, Also I'm kinda annoyed how dam has made the boots again, the split cut is a great idea but the way it's a sleeve on top of the foot breaks any kinda of connection the Aesthetics of the boot would have just standing still. I hate seeing the ball joint inside the split of the boot. They could have done it where the top sleeve hid the foot peg and the boot was hollow enough with the peg hole to go over it so when articulated it wouldn't break like it does. The figure is 6/10 some things are inaccurate like the pants being grey/blue instead of all black.

What sword is it that this figure comes with? I can't quite seem to figure it out unless it was a sword from promo material and not in the game? If anybody has the answer I would really appreciate it!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

For those having trouble or hate the hood;

After spending HOURS messing and futzing with the hood, I think I know what the issue is. Like RE2 REmake Leon, the head can be adjusted to sit higher. When you take ezio out of the box, chances are his head is sitting too low, therefore making the hood not resting properly. Once I did the height adjustment, the hood sits MUCH better than it did after the initial unboxing/examination.

Some quick and dirty pics

59A3273D-F702-4BB3-8588-CF97B1F6B98C.jpg
84CB6A25-5C15-403D-B221-F59574A5C834.jpg
2650A43A-D15F-44C5-8C15-E315790E4CC6.jpg

The hoods fine. Just need a LOT of patience to get the wire bent just right. But more importantly, you NEED to make the head sit higher.

What sword is it that this figure comes with? I can't quite seem to figure it out unless it was a sword from promo material and not in the game? If anybody has the answer I would really appreciate it!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
It's not specifically in the game it was just used for some promo images and I believe it was from the concept art of Ezio for revelations. I'm also very confused on why they didn't add the assassin yatagan sword he used in game, to me that sword is very beautiful it's very ornate. But yeah this one has no name.

For those having trouble or hate the hood;

After spending HOURS messing and futzing with the hood, I think I know what the issue is. Like RE2 REmake Leon, the head can be adjusted to sit higher. When you take ezio out of the box, chances are his head is sitting too low, therefore making the hood not resting properly. Once I did the height adjustment, the hood sits MUCH better than it did after the initial unboxing/examination.

Some quick and dirty pics

View attachment 513313
View attachment 513315
View attachment 513316

The hoods fine. Just need a LOT of patience to get the wire bent just right. But more importantly, you NEED to make the head sit higher.

Nice that's the best I've seen the hood. I agree that in all the photos it looks like his head is squashed down onto the neck. Great work! That second to last photo looks closer to the prototype.

Nice that's the best I've seen the hood. I agree that in all the photos it looks like his head is squashed down onto the neck. Great work! That second to last photo looks closer to the prototype.

Thanks, without a doubt I know I can futz with it a little more to make it look exact to the proto...but as I said, it took me hours to figure out the head placement and
Pinching and adjusting the wire to make the hood look the way it does. So for now, im content with it haha. But the potential is there! Just be patient with it!

Please, don’t cut up the inside of the hood like the other poster did. RIP to the hood.

Thanks, without a doubt I know I can futz with it a little more to make it look exact to the proto...but as I said, it took me hours to figure out the head placement and
Pinching and adjusting the wire to make the hood look the way it does. So for now, im content with it haha. But the potential is there! Just be patient with it!

Please, don?t cut up the inside of the hood like the other poster did. RIP to the hood.
Lmao to late for me bro I did just that and although it helps it makes no difference and I did it the same day I got it. Lol I also took to much on one side so it's a bit noticeable.

Nooooooooooooooooo......

RIP the hood
It's fine though I bought a spare on ebay for $40 I'll replace it with that and leave it alone. Lol although I do have an issue with the shoulder harness the Assassin logo part in the middle of the chest has a peg that goes into the lower strap it came undone and it tends to fall off idk if there is a piece missing that holds it together or if all of them are like that check for me if you can bud how it looks just be careful I'm on the verge of super gluing it. 59A3273D-F702-4BB3-8588-CF97B1F6B98C~2.jpg

Worst head sculpt after Edward .....

DamToys were doing pretty good too, up until now

Worst head sculpt after Edward .....

DamToys were doing pretty good too, up until now
It's alright, but yeah I would have preferred they took another look at it before release like they did with AC2 Ezio's sculpt.

Back