Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Excessive" definitely sums up Mad Max world... but it should never be time-wise.

There's no reason it needs to be 2.5 hours. No reason in hell.

9U3u.gif

But **** your country with those giant spiders and expensive collectibles lol

Don't forget the dingoes, crocs and snakes! Danger, danger, danger!

Let's assume Furiosa takes place ten years before Fury Road

Interesting to note Furiosa story was written prior to Fury Road so they had her backstory all figured out, and that Miller wrote a Max story as a bridge beteween Thunderdome & Fury Road, which they are planning to film, probably from a Miller script, but not directed by him. Will be interesting to see who plays Max there.

Fifteen years actually.

And the back stories have already been published in comic form, be interesting to see how similar they are to the movies.

Oh, was there Theron/Hardy drama? Do tell...

She was always first on the set and he was always last. And it deteriorated from there...

I suspect he didn't like having to take a back seat/ride shotgun in his "own" movie.

She was always first on the set and he was always last. And it deteriorated from there...

I suspect he didn't like having to take a back seat/ride shotgun in his "own" movie.
Possibly. He's also said that he felt under a lot of pressure, perhaps from stepping into the shoes of such an iconic character. And they also had very different acting styles, with Hardy being a lot more experimental and unpredictable than Theron.

Which is not to excuse his behavior of course. And it's to Theron's credit that despite the animosity you still sense the deep trust the two characters have in each other by the end.

I also just remembered Patrick Stewart saying Hardy was extremely anti-social and kept to himself while filming ST X.
He was probably just being method lol

Also, if not mentioned already, Miller's first preference for Furiosa was a de-aged Theron. But unlike LFL he didn't think the tech was there yet. ;)
I don’t think it will ever be there, go and watch The Irishman. Awful.

I remember seeing Mad Max on VHS in the 80s and MM2 not long after.
Me and my mates from school(we would have been aged 6 and 7),had memorised a lot of the quotes!
"push me,shove you!" eyc etc.
So many iconic characters,mainly villains!!!

80s Australia I always look back fondly on,TESB and ROTJ were always there,but Max was something else.
Razorback was another Aussie movie that scared the crap out of me.

Looking forward to seeing this new Furiosa chapter,if not for story,then the spectacle of chase scenes and **** getting blown up!!

There were a plethora of amazing Aussie films back then... before the dark times... before the downfall that is: Strictly Ballroom, Muriel's Wedding and Pricilla Queen of the Desert. Because they were so well received internationally, the idiot Australian film boards thought they were the only types of movies Australia could do. So things like Gallipoli, The Light Horsemen, Blood Oath, (as you mentioned) Razorback, etc - all went the way of the dodo. So now you're lucky to get one good Australian film a year.

I think the last really good one I saw was Animal Kingdom.

Back