DAM Toys 1/6 UNIVERSAL SOLDIER Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolph He-man :rock

A33.jpg

Dolph looks odd cause of his small body. Sculpt looks good.

Both likenesses look very good IMO. Dolph looks like it could be redone as both Drago and He-Man. I'd want to body swap him to either HT Thor or Superman body but it's a necked sculpt so not sure how that could work. Maybe neckless heads will end up in the secondary.

^ default "go to" JCVD gif :lol

If Blitzway is involved, I wonder if they are Arnie Kim sculpts?

This may have been under development for longer than we think, and the license secured way before EB made their civvie JCVD. Could be why the EB campy can'tsay anything whenever they get bombarded with questions regarding Universal Soldier.

These have long been at the top of my wish list. DAM is my favorite company, and none better to take this on. Will buy multiples to build the team.

This may have been under development for longer than we think, and the license secured way before EB made their civvie JCVD. Could be why the EB campy can'tsay anything whenever they get bombarded with questions regarding Universal Soldier.
I am really curious why Enterbay would go for "modern" JCVD over, well, any other character he filmed in the '80s/'90s. No Retreat, No Surrender, Cyborg, Hard Target, Timecop, freakin' Double Team, anything. I can't imagine licensing for any of those films would be very difficult to acquire.

I'm thinking maybe older one to go along his recent movie expendables 2? Since HT did make expendables 2 Sly.

Anyone estimate a retail price on these guys? Maybe $140? Higher?Lower?

DAM's military figures generally go for the $130-150 range, so I'd say $150-200, since these seem to be official releases.

Not bad. Hopefully it's $150ish.

Thankfully military figure sets haven't gone the way of Hot Toys pricing, even though you usually get a very well done sculpt, which many times resembles an actor, and tons more gear that is usually much more intricate.

I am really curious why Enterbay would go for "modern" JCVD over, well, any other character he filmed in the '80s/'90s. No Retreat, No Surrender, Cyborg, Hard Target, Timecop, freakin' Double Team, anything. I can't imagine licensing for any of those films would be very difficult to acquire.

Yeah. Even if DAM got first dibs on Universal Soldier surely they could get other licenses that are up for grabs. Maybe EB was either trying to dodge paying for movie rights, or had difficulty securing one (which I think is unlikely, coz again, there's lots).

Back