Daken Akihiro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apotheosis

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all,
Decided to share my custom with everyone here after a while of lurking on the boards.
For the uninitiated, refer to his BIO here

This was a fun project with for me with 2 firsts :
1. Applying ink onto a body
2. Applying hair onto a headsculpt

OK so here goes - with only tons of artwork and smaller scale customs as reference, here's the first ever (I think) Daken Akihiro in 1/6 scale !!
00000.jpg

His bone claws :

Close up of his tattoos :

WIP : Bone Claws
I initially did the bone claws for his left fist but since the tattoo would be on the same side, I didnt want everything focused on only one side. I didnt like my first try anyway as I thought it was a little too thick.
(Yes yes i know, they're nothing compared to Robbiethepainter's awesome custom bone claws..)

WIP : Wigging
VD was the only HS I had lying around at the time that was bald (and I can kinda see him as Daken). Gave him a centre parting with a pencil, carved out a bit of the surface area along the line and applied the hair from the nape of the neck and worked my way upwards.
The dollhair I had was way to curly so hairgel was applied keep the curls down. I also wanted to try and get that mohawk'ish look as in the reference pictures but maybe I'll try it sometime in the future.

WIP : Tattoo
Oh man this $ucked on SO many levels. Controlled breathing and slow and steady strokes is key (if you have shakey hands - hold your breath with each stroke !!)...messed up a few times but nothing a bit of rubbing alcohol couldnt fix. I used the Micron Pens (they didnt have the brush nib in stock!) and I tried another brand (with a brush nib) called "Marvy Uchida".

Once done, I coated the body with a few layers of Mr Super Clear FLAT and that was it !

That's all folks and thanks for stopping by !
Hope you like !
BRGDS
Leo

Back