CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still sucks to see Roy having a nicer suit than Arrow. Hurry up and upgrade his hand me downs.

They should have given him the goatee. That's a pretty big trademark for the character, it's weird to see him without it.

arrow.jpg

A few weeks of training and now here's Black Canary!

How she'll not get her ass handed to her in every fight, I have no idea, but if the conceit we're asked to accept is that a few boxing lessons puts her in the same league as Ollie, Roy and Diggle, then I guess I'll just go with it. Hell, Thea became a badass after 5 months apparently. I assume she won't be using the Canary cry. Even Sara stopped using it after a while, which was strange since it's the character's trademark.

How she'll not get her ass handed to her in every fight, I have no idea, but if the conceit we're asked to accept is that a few boxing lessons puts her in the same league as Ollie, Roy and Diggle, then I guess I'll just go with it. Hell, Thea became a badass after 5 months apparently. I assume she won't be using the Canary cry. Even Sara stopped using it after a while, which was strange since it's the character's trademark.

:lol Me too. This whole transition from Sara to Laurel as the BC is asking a lot of the viewers, IMO.

I liked Sarah better than Laurel. While it is obvious a few boxing lessons isn't going to equal training by the League of Assassins, Laurel didn't start from scratch. Going back to the first season she has shown that she has some training in self defense. The boxing seems to be adding offense to the defense she already has. She should get her @$$ beat a couple of times to show that she is in the learning curve. This season she does look like she has eaten a sandwich every once in a while.

As a martial artist with thirty years of experience it irritates me to see characters suddenly master fighting so quickly.

Ollie came off awfully sanctimoniously in this episode considering the body count he's racked up. Even after he swore off killing, he still killed Vertigo.

I was annoyed by that, too.

But overall I liked the episode a lot. I thought it was cool that Ted was already Wildcat at one point.

I gotta get me some Instant Heroic Training Montage Packets to get dem fyting skillz. Just add watery dialogue!

The boxing glove arrow was utterly hilarious... have we jumped the shark already with this show? :lol

Back