CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finance's were the sole reason why Liam Neeson isn't reprising the role, the original plan was to introduce him in the season 2 finale but they couldn't get the money sorted. I think its shame because Neeson sold it in BB and TDKR and would've lifted the show above many of its winter season competitors, but its not to be or is it? We know from the Nolan Bat-verse that Rha's has many identity's, and Arrow is part of that universe, so it wouldn't be beyond them to have Nable as a decoy Rha's and when Oliver kills him the real Rha's appears.

I'm cool with it, they do fine on a smaller budget, and tbh, it would probably confuse people and make them think this was now tied into Nolanverse.

Definitely someone who shouled pop up in both series. The comic art they used for the article looked dead on to the actor as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe. But it's only been 5 months since the events from the season finale I think.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really love how Brandon Routh portrayed Ray Palmer! I really hope we see a lot of him this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Routh was great. I hope we actually get to see him as the Atom.

The new Count Vertigo was just as lame as the old one. I know Peter Stormare has his admirers, but I've always found him a bit hammy.

I hope for the next five seasons, they don't have Oliver flip flopping over if he can or can not have a relationship. Same crap they did with Clark in Smallville. Even Lana got sick of it lol

Damn, that ending. I can't say it was totally unexpected, but ****, they're not wasting any time, are they?

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for Stormare's Vertigo, I think Stormare's fantastic. My biggest fault with it was that he seemed more like a third rate Scarecrow rip off that called himself Vertigo than the actual Vertigo. It's like "okay, you got a guy who's awesome in the role (I'll admit that Stormare is awfully hammy, but he takes such pleasure in it that it's kind of endearing," yet you have him using the schtick of another villain (where do you get "fear" out of Vertigo?). The odd thing is that it's almost like the reverse of the last situation. That time you had a guy playing the actual character with a half rate Ledger impression. This time you have a guy doing a great job with a character that's pretty much "the count" in name only.

It is amazing, though. Part of me wants to just try to list the number of characters from this show and The Flash. It seems like they're really trying to flesh out this universe. I still hope that we get to see their take on Batman, though. At this point, it can go either way, though. I can't tell if they're putting all of these Batman villains in by trying to say, "look who it is! Do you see where we're going with this? Do you see!?!?! Batman, dummy! We're building up to Batman," or if they're just retrofitting them to Green Arrow because his rogue's gallery isn't that great.

Dang. This was almost as good as Flash. The ending was rather unsatisfying though. Now I have to wait a whole week to see what else happens...

I actually am wondering if that's not on the books. I've got to find the interview, but I can't remember if it was Johns, Kreisberg, or one of the other producers who said that they have a Booster Gold script they're working on.

Great way to start the season. Ending suggested the thing that seemed inevitable since the show started, but nobody wanted. Some cool easter eggs including the banner for one of the sponsors of the boxing match.

Great opening episode, but I have to agree - let's not do this flip flop thing on a relationship. I'm hoping that's the point of Felicity's speech to him, either put up or shut up.

As to Vertigo, it was just weird for me to see him playing a villain here and on the Blacklist at the same time...

Back