CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Sarah better than Laurel. While it is obvious a few boxing lessons isn't going to equal training by the League of Assassins, Laurel didn't start from scratch. Going back to the first season she has shown that she has some training in self defense. The boxing seems to be adding offense to the defense she already has. She should get her @$$ beat a couple of times to show that she is in the learning curve. This season she does look like she has eaten a sandwich every once in a while.

I noticed that last episode as well, looks like she's putting a bit of mass on......a bit...

I noticed that last episode as well, looks like she's putting a bit of mass on......a bit...

I've noticed in many of the gym training scenes that her arms are bigger and more toned. She obviously did a lot of work to get in shape for this season.

Boxing glove arrow was awesome. Don't hate, appreciate. It was a clever way to work in an iconic image from the comics without looking totally ridiculous. And it worked. He didn't have a boxing glove arrow in his quiver, he improvised by using the glove to knock down Ted without hurting him. Also showed Ollie's level of observation and improvisation, which tied back in to the memory exercises.

yeah the glove thing was totally unneeded imo. it's not like the main audience for this show is in preschool....

Preschool's got nothing to do with it. It's about respecting your roots, and this provided yet another reason for why I love this show. They managed to work one of the most iconic (and, arguably, cheesiest) arrows in GA's classic arsenal into the show in a way that totally made sense. Ted Grant: boxer. Ted Grant's storage locker: full of boxing stuff. Green Arrow fighting in Ted Grant's storage locker: perfect opportunity for the boxing glove arrow.

Ok, I got around to checking out the boxing glove arrow scene. ****ing awesome! :lol :clap Can't believe I missed it the first time around.

After re-watching the boxing glove arrow scene (don't know how I missed it, the first time), I really liked it. Within the context in which the boxing glove arrow is used, I think it was actually really clever. They found a nice way to pay homage to the silver age trick arrow, without making it seem silly, in the context of the show.

When I first saw that Sara Lance was Black Canary I got confused. In the comics it was Dinah Laurel Lance. That's why I am sort of glad that Laurel got it, I figured she eventually was going to do the role. Her uniform looks to be more practical, her chest isn't bursting out like Sarah's was and looks to be more comfortable. Sarah's was super tight. And what's with the canary cry? Sarah used like once or twice? I liked Smallville's take on Black Canary, at least she actually screamed.

When I first saw that Sara Lance was Black Canary I got confused. In the comics it was Dinah Laurel Lance. That's why I am sort of glad that Laurel got it, I figured she eventually was going to do the role. Her uniform looks to be more practical, her chest isn't bursting out like Sarah's was and looks to be more comfortable. Sarah's was super tight. And what's with the canary cry? Sarah used like once or twice? I liked Smallville's take on Black Canary, at least she actually screamed.

Well in the comics, she is a meta-human. On the tv show, she is not. So they are limited as to what they can do with her scream.

I'm hoping that something like the particle accelerator accident happens in Arrow. Having meta humans run around could spice up the show a bit. Laurel could even be one of the ones hit, maybe while holding the Canary cry device.

That would have worked great when Sarah got killed infront of Laurel, she screams and the particle accelerator's remnants reached Starling City and hit Laurel. Damn, the writers missed an opportunity to get meta-humans on Arrow's show.

Amell on the new Flash casting. Agree with him 100%.

"I thought that the way that Warner Bros. announced the slate of DC movies could have been handled better. I think someone like Grant Gustin, who has just launched an iconic character like the Flash, to record breaking numbers. Numbers that far surpassed Arrow's numbers… All that being said, I think that he should have been given a wider berth than two episodes before another actor was announced to play his character... That's because I'm protective of Grant. And that's because I think that producing 23 episodes of superhero television is more difficult than producing a feature film. And it's 23 episodes again, and again, and again. And as Peter Roth says "for 12 years oh god."

I've never seen a need for the television side and the feature side to crossover. This is nothing that I haven't said before, I'm pretty sure. I'm sure that Ezra Miller will do great as the Flash. And if they found a great Oliver Queen, fantastic.

I've had some great chats with people at Warner Bros. Again I thought that the whole timing of the announcement… The most important day that you can ever have as a television show, is when your ratings come out for your second episode. Not your first episode because anybody can be trained to watch a pilot. It's the people that come back when they haven't been inundated with advertisement and they decide, "I watched the show a week ago, I'm going to watch it agin because I enjoyed myself the week before." The call that I got from Peter Roth (who runs Warner Bros. television) the enthusiastic call came after episode one. And then the absolute, awesome "let's go 12 years baby," call came after episode two. I thought that it was ****** that all of this stuff the morning of the spectacular ratings of the second episodes of the Flash came in.

Back