Custom MARION RAVENWOOD Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will adjust the price based on how pleased I am with the final result. I can always lower it after people express interest, raising it on the other hand....

I received the test print of the blouse fabric today.

picture.php

I will try to complete the prototype shirt by the weekend.

Pattern looks good! This is exciting, to finally see it coming along.

Question: is the color (the greens) somewhat muted in that pic? Or is that a result of the image being printed on fabric.

Pattern looks good! This is exciting, to finally see it coming along.

Question: is the color (the greens) somewhat muted in that pic? Or is that a result of the image being printed on fabric.

The fabric is more vibrant in person. I have a camera that does not reproduce blues and greens well.

That said the centre green stripe is too light and the brown on the lion rampant shield is too dark. Both will be adjusted.

The other colours are true to life. Look at the stark difference below. I think the "114.jpg" image you used in the very first post has distorted brighteness. Go back and compare the DVD capture I did to the front view picture of Marion in the first post. The colours were a bit more muted.

DVD screen capture:
picture.php

Your reference photo:
picture.php

Hi,

So I revised the Marion design yesterday:

picture.php

Since I am trying to sell this, I do not want the complete design available.

I do need some feedback. How important is it to you all that Maion's scarf have the golden dragons with red sequin eyes?

I will have to hand carve a dragon stamp and then sew on tiny beads to the dragons that show. That will add $10 to the price at least.

Alternatively I can just buy a dark emerald green silk or (if possible) synthetic and make a scarf without a design for the rest of you. That will cost $10.

I am going to do the dragon stamp in either case, but it will still take time to stamp the fabric and sew on the bits if you want one.

Loving this project, Star Puffs! Excellent work!

And I'm definitely interested if you're taking names.

Just my two cents, but personally, I'm not concerned about the microscopic accuracy of the dragon detail. It's cool that the actual scarf has a dragon on it, but I'd never unravel this to look at it.

It would be great to have some kind of pattern on it -- a gold detail of some kind -- but at the end of the day, if that's too labor intensive, I could certainly live without it. (That said, if you're going to go all out and put a dragon on it, I certainly won't complain!)

What's most important to me is that the outfit have the right "hang". The thinner and silkier the material (for the blouse and the scarf) the better. :lecture

Anyhow, keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to seeing your progress! :clap

Also: Do you think you might offer the camisole as well?

Last edited:
I personally would like the yellow dragon with red eyes on the scarf -- though I imagined it would be printed much like the dragons on the shirt, eyes and all. I don't need actual ruby eyes (as cool as that would be).

Can't you just take this...

red-rhinestone-eyes-gold-tone-dragon-car-decal-sticker-72952n.jpg

...give it a green background, multiply it, and print it on the scarf?

Or here's another I found when googling "Mongolian Dragon":

attachment.php

Last edited:
So I worked on the scarf dragon print this afternoon. I chose the dragon from the Qing Dynasty flag:

picture.php

I cleaned up and sharpened the lines (what you see is blown up 4-5 times) so that some detail remains at its actual size (around 1.5 cm). It looks good printed on paper.

picture.php

I also order some silk swatches today, so I should have some ideas by next weekend how this will all go together.

So I worked on the scarf dragon print this afternoon. I chose the dragon from the Qing Dynasty flag:

picture.php

I cleaned up and sharpened the lines (what you see is blown up 4-5 times) so that some detail remains at its actual size (around 1.5 cm). It looks good printed on paper.

picture.php

I also order some silk swatches today, so I should have some ideas by next weekend how this will all go together.

:clap :clap :clap :yess:

Looks GREAT! This outfit is gonna be awesome!

surfing thru the threads I see the Bar Shirt is being done... I am definitely interested along with the scarf... like to see a completed shirt....

I though I would try to do the scarf as it is a small project not a lot of sewing... I ordered some silk material and plan on using transfer paper to try to print on the dragons. Should have together in a couple of weeks. I will post pics if it turns out. Hope the silk holds up to the heat. Wish me luck.

I am trying to get my Wash Hawaiian shirt orders and Malcolm Reynolds pieces finished first.

This will be my May and June project. I will post an update as soon as possible.

Back