Custom MARION RAVENWOOD Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marionravenwood.jpg

Wasn't there someone on the board that made this outfit?
Thats the one I want.

There's an interest thread that includes Marion's "Streets of Cairo" outfit.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107756

If enough people add their names we might just get them to make it!

Last edited:
Count me in.

But I know someone here made one and a really nice one.

Would anyone here be willing to loan me their Medicom Indy boots for a few days so that I could make a mould?

That is the one part of the outfit I have not sorted out and am not sure how to proceed since the parted Medicom Indys are no longer available.

I do not have time to make a shirt, but I would be open to helping you out in some other way.

God, I love this shot.

Is it because it's from one of my top three favorite films of all time?

That's true, but it's not the reason.

Is it because it's a signature moment for one of Spielberg's most iconic characters?

That's also true, but also not the reason.

So why do I love it?

Because of the sheer, unmitigated, unbounded joy the woman on the left is experiencing by watching a hundred-pound crazy girl drink a freaking GIANT under the table! :lol

Just look at her! SHE'S SO HAPPY!

Last edited:
Would anyone here be willing to loan me their Medicom Indy boots for a few days so that I could make a mould?

That is the one part of the outfit I have not sorted out and am not sure how to proceed since the parted Medicom Indys are no longer available.

I do not have time to make a shirt, but I would be open to helping you out in some other way.

I dont know if this helps but Newline miniatures remade the boots.

I think it's just her likeness that needs to be perfect. As long as the head sculpt is good, I can make it work with any outfit.

So I am having trouble getting that design I created to actually stick to the fabric. I know the proper treatment and techniques to successfully print on fabric at home. This is a more complicated problem, so I am going to have a yard of custom fabric made by a professional printer. That is approximately 8 shirts worth.

Would people here be interested in some custom fabric? I am willing to share my pattern when finished, especially if I get some help with the boots.

So I am having trouble getting that design I created to actually stick to the fabric. I know the proper treatment and techniques to successfully print on fabric at home. This is a more complicated problem, so I am going to have a yard of custom fabric made by a professional printer. That is approximately 8 shirts worth.

Would people here be interested in some custom fabric? I am willing to share my pattern when finished, especially if I get some help with the boots.

Contact dchung. I think he might be interested as he has a potential project going himself.

Yes, I would definitely be interested in any extra fabric you have for this shirt!

Yes, I'd be interested in some fabric...and I have a spare pair of Medicom Indy boots if you still need them...PM me if you do.

I decided I would like to make some extra collectibles cash (I am very much a stickler about maintaining a strict budget). Personally I blame Hot Toys for making me want things. :monkey3

I am willing to make a small number (5 or so) of the Nepal blouse with the reasonably screen accurate design for Marion. Price will be around $50. Shirts take 3-4 hours work, so I think that is a fair rate. I would like to offer a scarf too. Pants are a pain because the belt loops need to be hand sewn and the pattern varies so much body to body.

I have a firm personal deadline of ordering the fabric by Monday. After that I could probably make a blouse every other week.

You can see some of my recent Firefly work and express interest (see item No. 3) in this thread:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108671

Edit: Here is my Ripley, for which I made all of the clothing as further reference (the blouse neck will be based on that pattern):
picture.php

Last edited:
:clap Star Puffs

I've had half a Nepal Marion sitting for months waiting to get a shirt and scarf.

Your pattern for the shirt is dead on. I have no ref for the scraf but I was told that it's green silk with a gold dragon with a ruby red eye. If I come across anything better than the below that may help I'll post it here.

118.jpg

:clap Star Puffs

I've had half a Nepal Marion sitting for months waiting to get a shirt and scarf.

Your pattern for the shirt is dead on. I have no ref for the scraf but I was told that it's green silk with a gold dragon with a ruby red eye. If I come across anything better than the below that may help I'll post it here.

118.jpg

Thank you for the design info on the scarf. I will get to work on that.

Here is the prototype of the blouse and my at home test print (I was testing the silk-cotton blend fabric, not the colour, since the chartreuse throws it off).

I ordered a test quarter (18" x 22") tonight. I will make a blouse from it as soon as I receive it (hopefully within 10 days or so).

I will then order additional fabric based on how many people have expressed interest.

picture.php

picture.php

Looking good! Marion taking shape!

Two quick, non-expert comments:

1) the collar seems a bit large due to the stiffness of the blended fabric. I'm guessing it will lay better with some water treatment?

2) not certain of the silk/cotton blend. Perhaps cotton is fine for the shirt and silk for the scarf, so you get a little variation in the materials.

Just two-cents thinking aloud.

Looking good! Marion taking shape!

Two quick, non-expert comments:

1) the collar seems a bit large due to the stiffness of the blended fabric. I'm guessing it will lay better with some water treatment?

2) not certain of the silk/cotton blend. Perhaps cotton is fine for the shirt and silk for the scarf, so you get a little variation in the materials.

Just two-cents thinking aloud.

1. The collar does not completely please me either. Getting collars to lay correctly on dolls is always tricky.

I will experiment some when I have the actual printed fabric, because one trick is getting each piece of the blouse to show the same part of the design as the actual screen blouse. The fact Hot Toys necks run a bit small actually makes that even harder as in the rest of the blouse matches well, but the collar has to run a tad big to match. The shirt fits better on an EVA, but the pants I made fit the HT ALice perfectly.

I am not kato. unfortunately, but I do want this to look as accurate and well fitted as possible.

2. The real blouse was probably either matte silk or silk-cotton based on its sheen and the way it drapes. Honestly at that scale the silk helps it lie better, unless you used super thin cotton (which would not be suitable for holding a print).

1. The collar does not completely please me either. Getting collars to lay correctly on dolls is always tricky.

I will experiment some when I have the actual printed fabric, because one trick is getting each piece of the blouse to show the same part of the design as the actual screen blouse. The fact Hot Toys necks run a bit small actually makes that even harder as in the rest of the blouse matches well, but the collar has to run a tad big to match. The shirt fits better on an EVA, but the pants I made fit the HT ALice perfectly.

I am not kato. unfortunately, but I do want this to look as accurate and well fitted as possible.

2. The real blouse was probably either matte silk or silk-cotton based on its sheen and the way it drapes. Honestly at that scale the silk helps it lie better, unless you used super thin cotton (which would not be suitable for holding a print).

Ah, makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

Fitting good on an EVA is great news for me because that's the exact body I'm using for my Marion! :clap

Anyway, after seeing what you did with that Hawaiian shirt, I'm certain this shirt will be A+ perfection!

Back