Custom Kit Bash Bruce Wayne pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does everyone think of the Kai Bruce Wayne head versus the Andy B one? I have an Andy B which I have someone cuztomizing a little for me at the moment, and I always thought that would be the best / most accurate Bale Bruce Wayne head to have.

I really like the look of the Kai one but it's a bit cartoony for me - the hair is outstanding but something about the ears, chin and lips make it a bit caricaturish to me... was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were

If you already have a head like Andy's, I wouldn't bother getting the Kai one too, I think if you're stuck with the Hot Toys Wayne heads, then Kai's is a good upgrade worth persuing, but I still think Andy's sculpt has the most Bale in it of the Wayne heads that are available. Someone did a really nice one too, Kuato or imaresq, but I don't think it's made available.

I just don't really care for the overall look to Kai's Bale sculpts.

TDK-B02.jpg

On Wayne, the eyes are too squinty, the nose doesn't look like Bales. He's got the mouth down really well, the hair looks nice. If they eyes were a little bigger and less squinted and the nose correct, it'd look really nice, but there's just too much off looking at it to me. Andy's may not be perfect but I feel like I'm staring at Bale when I look at it, which most other Bale portraits lack.

On Wayne, the eyes are too squinty, the nose doesn't look like Bales. He's got the mouth down really well, the hair looks nice. If they eyes were a little bigger and less squinted and the nose correct, it'd look really nice, but there's just too much off looking at it to me. Andy's may not be perfect but I feel like I'm staring at Bale when I look at it, which most other Bale portraits lack.

I have to agree with you about your critics on this headsculpt. It looks really good but I would prefer this one above the Andys' one. I was first interested in purchasing it, but for that price, there are just too many things that throws it off. The most thing that bothers me is the long chin, it looks just tooooo big:

4270704993_027cf965cd_o.jpg

Though I'm very excited to see how this looks in hand. I've not purchased this one, but I'm looking forward on seeing it on some pics here, when some boardies will get him. :peace

Although this suit has been seen over and over again. I really do think it is the best looking suit for a Bruce Wayne figure to date. It captures him perfectly. I'm going to try to get the new Bruce sculpt offered by xenoviper.

bruce-1.jpg

The price just kills it for me...

Looks like I am stuck with the HT.

There are 3 key points to having a sculpt look like Bale that I look for, eyes, nose and lips. There's a very signture look to all those features and if you don't get them right, things will look off. Hot Toys in 3 Bale sculpts (2 Waynes and Connor) has failed to get Bale's nose and the lips could have more of that duckbill look.

I would like Andy to give another go with the Bale sculpt. His was great, probably the closest to the actual actor, but when it is painted up, it kinda looks sad or morose.

I like the expression on the Kai sculpt and the TDK new suit head. Steely determination.

Well, as far as Andy's sculpt, you'd have to talk to Wofford about what he wanted in the sculpt.

Andy's was made as a one time private commission that we were lucky to buy, so Wofford may have had some specifics he asked for that lead to the expression on the head, where guys like Kai are just doing Wayne to do Wayne and picking what they feel would be a good representation of him.

I'd love to see Andy do it again though, with a more GQ/businessman look for the hair. I think Andy did so well back with his first sculpt, and his skills have grown so much, I think one done today would really be stunning.

It did, unfortunately it's not heavily available like the Kai's and Andy heads are.

We really lucked out that Andy's head got casted up and wasn't just Wofford's one and only.

The best Bale heads are the least available unfortunately.

Riceeroni is selling his bruce custom (minus head) in the sale thread, he has the same suit, and it comes with body, and the price seems reasonable too

Thanks for the heads up man - I managed to acquire this from Tom yesterday! :chew I figured I'd never get a chance at it again - I'm stoked.

I really like the look of the Kai one but it's a bit cartoony for me - the hair is outstanding but something about the ears, chin and lips make it a bit caricaturish to me... was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were

Totally agree with you - it's nice, but the cartoony look doesn't quite work for me.

Yeah i'd love Andy doing one again now...

Now that I'm getting the Toys2 suit, I have to agree, I'd be excited to see Andy do another Bruce.

Looking really nice Snake Eater! :rock

I was thinking about my Wayne bash today, and I wonder if anyone has thought of doing a Wayne from this scene?

Wayne1.jpg

Wayne2.jpg

My hangup is I can't find a good shirt for that scene. Jeans should be doable easily enough.

I like the casual Wayne look, problem is, he always wears long sleeve polos, Begins and TDK, and the only polos I find for 1/6 are short sleeve.

This could be an alternative I guess:

Wayne3.jpg

Technically he wears his motorcycle jacket over it, but in the absence of a 1/6 long sleeved polo, it might have to do for a casual Bruce look.

Thanks guys!

...and yes, that is my woody poking into shot. :D

Pennyworth, that is the red tie that came with the set. It was a Triad Toys suit set.

Back