Custom Kit Bash Bruce Wayne pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy's Bale sculpt was good for its time, i still think lack of a wider square jawline is really throwing that sculpt off.

I think it would be good for the Bruce Wayne in a suit but for something like the League of Shadow's Bruce then it wouldn't work. For Pre-Batman suit not good. It just gives him a less threatening look as it should be.

The Bruce Wayne head arrived yesterday :D Personally, I really like the Andy B sculpt as it looks much more 'Batman Begins' than the other ones I've seen.

Unfortunately, the weather was miserable yesterday and I wasn't able to take any decent pictures until today. SilentSurfer's pics are better,imho. This head looks incredible in person! He's even gone as far to add individual moles/freckles where appropriate and creates a very nice depth to the color.

Details pretty much everywhere are incredible! Eyes, hairline, skin complexion - everything is outstanding! This is easily one of the best repaints any of my figures have received :D I'll definitely use SilentSurfer for his services again!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Bruce Wayne head arrived yesterday :D Personally, I really like the Andy B sculpt as it looks much more 'Batman Begins' than the other ones I've seen.

picture.php

Congrat dude!!!

This is a very cool custom. I also always believed that the head from Andy most qualitatively convey the mood of Bruce from Begins, and with masterpiece paintwork from SilentSurfer on it looks most reallike. Cloth sitting perfectly. Once again congrat with this beautiful thing!

This is easily one of the best repaints any of my figures have received :D I'll definitely use SilentSurfer for his services again!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the rave review, Cryoguns. It makes my day to know you love it so much. That's what floats my boat and keeps me doing what I do. Thanks for opportunity to add to your Batman collection. Hit me up anytime for anything.

Andy's Bale sculpt was good for its time, i still think lack of a wider square jawline is really throwing that sculpt off.

I agree. But I think there are other things that I can't quite put my finger on that make it less Bale-like. Maybe the mouth, and how far apart his eyes are. Generally the overall shape of the head

I agree. But I think there are other things that I can't quite put my finger on that make it less Bale-like. Maybe the mouth, and how far apart his eyes are. Generally the overall shape of the head

Thats what stands out the most to throw it all off.

I don't see the issue with the Hot Toys Wayne, I think it's a great sculpt.

I don't see the issue with the Hot Toys Wayne, I think it's a great sculpt.

It's well sculpted from a skill perspective, but it doesn't very well represent Christian Bale. Of all the attemps at Bale's portrait in 1/6 that I've ever seen, the HT Wayne heads are the most off of them all.

I was pretty impressed with the TDK Bale head when I first got it. This forum kinda ruined it for me and now that sculp is the worse in my collection :p

It's well sculpted from a skill perspective, but it doesn't very well represent Christian Bale. Of all the attemps at Bale's portrait in 1/6 that I've ever seen, the HT Wayne heads are the most off of them all.

I can tell who it is though. It's only when you actually look side by side with photos of Bale. Then you see how much is off on the sculpt. John Connor improved it greatly but I'm still yet to see a 100% likeness to Bale like RDJ new Iron Man figure.

I couldn't agree more

For me, I can hardly even tell the Batman heads are supposed to be Bale, without nitpick comparisons, the only feature I find that resembles Bale on the HT heads are the eyes, which is a small chunk of the face. The only real standout thing that isn't Bale about John Connor that I find is the nose, if it were accurrate, I'd probably have to really sit and stare at the figure and Bale photos to find things off with it.

So far, I've only seen the Andy B head in raw form in person, and as a pure sculpt, I think it captured Bale very well, it's a bit softer in how it's sculpted compared to what Andy does now, but the key features are there, I think if Andy did one today it'd be right on par with HT's best stuff.

i don't want to insult or to be disrespectful against Andy B or wofford29, as I've seen now that he fights with all his force for Andy's sculpt :D

But I never was a fan of this sculpt. I'm a big Bale fan, and I would love to have every sculpt, but I had never the feeling of needing this one. It just doesn't look like Bale. With MUCH fantasy sure, but not in reality. Eyes, nose and mouth are way off plus the shade of the head. The only thing that i really love is the hair, it's sculpted really good.

I don't defend the Hot Toys one, but I have to say that it looks much more than Bale. Especially the John Connor one, but even the Bruce Wayne headsculpt by Yulli has more from Bale than Andy's.

Again, I don't want to insult the sculptor, i couldn't do such a brilliant job ever, but to say it looks absolutely like Bale is untrue. And it's just my opinion :)

I really love some elements from Sosas one, the nose, eyes and mouth are perfect, but the head shape was weird. Now with xeno's updates it's the most beautiful Bale headsculpt that I've seen. Hope I can purchase one from him :)

i don't want to insult or to be disrespectful against Andy B or wofford29, as I've seen now that he fights with all his force for Andy's sculpt :D

But I never was a fan of this sculpt. I'm a big Bale fan, and I would love to have every sculpt, but I had never the feeling of needing this one. It just doesn't look like Bale. With MUCH fantasy sure, but not in reality. Eyes, nose and mouth are way off plus the shade of the head. The only thing that i really love is the hair, it's sculpted really good.

I don't defend the Hot Toys one, but I have to say that it looks much more than Bale. Especially the John Connor one, but even the Bruce Wayne headsculpt by Yulli has more from Bale than Andy's.

Again, I don't want to insult the sculptor, i couldn't do such a brilliant job ever, but to say it looks absolutely like Bale is untrue. And it's just my opinion :)

I really love some elements from Sosas one, the nose, eyes and mouth are perfect, but the head shape was weird. Now with xeno's updates it's the most beautiful Bale headsculpt that I've seen. Hope I can purchase one from him :)

I don't find it disrespectful and I'm the sculpts biggest critic. It's definitely not anywhere near perfect. However when someone says that something Hot Toys has produced looks like Bale it's absolutely absurd IMO. There is not a single definining Bale characteristic in any of the HT sculpts. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Especially in regards to the Connor sculpt which people seem to be bonkers about. People seem to have this idea of what Bale looks like in their heads and they form it to convince themselves it looks like Bale. When you put it next to an actual photo of Bale however you'd have to be completely off your rocker to say it looks like Bale. Even Sosa's with the weird shape blew the HT sculpt out of the water. Andy's is good compared to the Begins reference material he went off of and when compared against the photos he used it looks like Bale, not a spot on Bale, but certainly better than anything HT has put out.

it may all be subjective, but having seen both in hand, and going by the image of Bale I have in my head, the Andy sculpt is certainly more Bale to me. The Hot Toys one seems to have more texture and detailing on the skin etc. which is great, but the sculpt doesn't look good on any of my customs. especially the pout.

^ agreed. I also find Adam's to be much closer to Bale than anything from Hot Toys. I was really expecting a far improved Bale portrait with the DX Batman but I guess that was not to be. They certainly have the sculpting talent to achieve a far greater Bale likeness than they have done so far (Heath / RDJ / Eckhart / SLJ being just a few examples).

Here's to hoping that Nolan completes the trilogy - i'm sure any figures HT produces by that time (i'm guessing 2012) would be far more accurate and lifelike than we can currently imagine! Just think about what they have achieved in the past 18 months... mindblowing

Back