Custom Cantina Part 2 Redo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phastroh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone who has seen my first build this is my second attempt at a new and improved version.

Thicker front and back panels.

Newly cut front dimensions closer to movie shots. Will accommodate the red & blue stripes.

Better chiseled and more accurate back window.

Custom made lights for next to the window.

Lit interior.

Floor panel.

I'll post pix shortly of the start.

Re: Custom Cantina Zpart 2 Redo

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Re: Custom Cantina Zpart 2 Redo

I made these lights. They kind of match dome pix I've seen and don't match a few screens. Either way they'll be perfect.
image.jpg

Ok so progress has been made. I assembled to frame and have one side of the curved board drying. I'll be drilling and bolting it on later. I may return the current bolts for shorter ones. While I'll be bolting it near the tops of the sidewalls I went ahead and brought it down close to the bottom. A vast improvement in design for sure.

That 0 sec grip was on there for 15 seconds and it was not even adhered lol nice lie but maybe it works better on something other than wood heh.

Not sure it you can see in the photos yet but there is room for the floor panel this time as well. That gives me extra lighting choices since I could hide wiring in more places.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure how big the window is but you should put a little Tatooine scene in there
Looks great by the way. I did one of these back in the day, but I used foam.

100047-mos-eisley-cantina-band-nook-001.jpg

Nah I'm going to put either nothing or a white light. It's to closed up for it to be seen really.

That piece you posted isn't from any pix I've seen not accurate to anything. Maybe I missed that design in a room but I can't find it.

I did semi copy the lights though.

Those lights I made was totally by chance. I'm still going to search for better pieces.

They are actually made from 3 super magnets, 2 finishing washers and plastic tubing. I need a tube with a bigger inside diameter but for now they will do. Wiring 1 led is a pain actually but I'll see what I can find or just leave them unlit.

I'm going to use a RGB strip for inside and see what colors look good. Gonna probably put frost over the waterproof coating to dim them.

What size diameter do you need for the clear tubing? i work at the hospital and we have tons of plastic tubing. Let me know and I'll try to find you some.

Been busy with life but here's some pix.

As it sits I put the almond caulk on it and used a small putty knife and it worked well. The reason I again used the caulk is after about an hour or so it remains pliable and I can easily trim and flatten it and get the look I want.

So I'll let it dry for a few days and then sand some. One thing I also did differently was allow the wood pieces to because part of the texture. In other words I have spots here and there that the caulk is thin or missing a bit. It makes the texture even nicer.

In the photos the texture is a bit strong until I sand it but also in some screens it's smooth in one spot than very rough in others. I'll know more once it's sanded and dusted with some paint.
IMG_8571.jpgIMG_8572.jpgIMG_8573.jpgIMG_8575.jpgIMG_8576.jpgIMG_8577.jpg

Decided since I can't ever tell from pix what the stuff running across the room is i decided to make my own idea as close as I can.

I used balsa wood and the little tubes of wood. I also cut the pieces at the ends from wood. I plan on filing it with caulk if needed to make those brace things more solid if needed.
IMG_8782.jpgIMG_8783.jpgIMG_8784.jpgIMG_8785.jpgIMG_8786.jpg

Ok so the pipes are in. Do a little more sanding of some edges and using a blade as well. I'll then do the back window and frost it as well as attach the lights next to the window. The last thing I'll do is the red and blue lines if I can even do that part. May be too tough.
IMG_8797.jpgIMG_8798.jpgIMG_8799.jpg

Thanks. I wish the cutout was a bit more rounded but it's like in one scene the look round then in another there seems to be a flat area for example where Hans arm is semi poking out from the wall. The wall behind Greedo even seems flat. Some pix it looks flat. I know the one behind Obi and Chewy looks more round.

Maybe there's different kinds but looking at dioramas or blue prints doesn't help when in the movie it looks different. I am most likely unable to recreate the blue and red pattern that's a bit much on a bumpy surface. Drawing it is one thing but on this hmmmm.

Back