Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool good to know. I thought I was out of the Superhero collecting there but needless to say the CR Superman has pulled me back in and now I've been thinking I need to go back and make the refinements everyone else seems to have done to their Batmans with your capes. Not sure I'd go down the road of replacing heads though.

just drop me a pm.

Lance, I thought of just asking something...dunno...weird?!
Are you maybe already thinking of longer Capes for Superman?!
Like: If guys want it classic, they keep the knee-long, or more comic-like than a longer one?!

Like: If guys want it classic, they keep the knee-long, or more comic-like than a longer one?!

yes I could, I have the perfect red rayon material in mind, the only thing is I could not have the emblem on the back.

yes I could, I have the perfect red rayon material in mind, the only thing is I could not have the emblem on the back.

Hm, ok?
But sounds interesting, was the rayon the same material you took for your TDK long?
Would a semi 3D sewn logo not work? Like: black, or dark orange sewn lines for the logo, on the actual yellow template, you know and that way also sew it on the cape?

Figured it was only a matter of time before people started talking about replacing the HT Superman cape. :panic:

Will have to wait to until I have it in hand. It does look a little bunchy at the shoulders in the pictures. But I like that it comes wired. I definitely want to be able to do a wind-blowing-in-the-wind pose.

Also, the emblem on the back is a absolute must.

Will have to wait to until I have it in hand. It does look a little bunchy at the shoulders in the pictures. But I like that it comes wired. I definitely want to be able to do a wind-blowing-in-the-wind pose.

Also, the emblem on the back is a absolute must.

Yeah, you're right on all those points, but when I look at the original TDK cape and compare it to the looks so far of the Superman cape, I fear it'll hold bends, dents and folds too, once out of the box.
That's why I thought of excellent cape material of Lance and I guess it's not too hard to put an emblem on the back and sew the edges to hold wire, or am I maybe a little reality-far thinking there?

Yeah, you're right on all those points, but when I look at the original TDK cape and compare it to the looks so far of the Superman cape, I fear it'll hold bends, dents and folds too, once out of the box.
That's why I thought of excellent cape material of Lance and I guess it's not too hard to put an emblem on the back and sew the edges to hold wire, or am I maybe a little reality-far thinking there?

Well, his Vader cape was more complicated than the Batman capes, so you never know. If he does those things, I would seriously consider buying one.

Well, his Vader cape was more complicated than the Batman capes, so you never know. If he does those things, I would seriously consider buying one.

Complicated in what manner?
I know his work, I own the TDK long.
Heavy, shiny, wonderful material and compliments itself in every pose and thx to it's heaviness it even has this kind of posability, doesn't it?

Yeah, I love my Batman Capes.

His Vader cape had a "leather" collar and a chain.

Vader Cape:

P1090708.jpg

P1090698.jpg

Close up of the collar:

P1090748-1.jpg

Doesn't seem like sewing in a wire for Superman would be that much harder, but :dunno

Whoa, that sounds terrific.
You think he's doing something for CR?

This is all he said on the subject so far:

Looks really stunning, especially with the chain.
I guess we just have to see how the cape will turn out, how big the demand will be and what he's doing, right?
But I guess he can do it...
;-)

Will the capes work with a Takara Batman Begins?

Sorry, never mind, should have done a search and I would have seen that they do.

Last edited:
Back