Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lance! I was just curious if I was able to grab one of those last TDK capes from you. Afraid I might have been too late.

I sent your payment for the cape (30 bucks) a few days ago. I was just curious if I got one of the last capes, or if you were making a whole new batch. And, if you already sent it out, how long does it usually take?

yes I got your payment and your cape went out today. I use first class postage in the US and international. You will be getting it fairly soon.

Wow. Just, wow. I got it in the mail on Friday and immediately put it on him (after ironing it). Using a pair of tweezers I got it in there in maybe 2 minutes, and... whoa.

It hangs and moves just right, all without any issue. Thank you man.

what's with the ironing? i don't understand what you're doing with the cape so i have never done this to my cape? any explanations for me? :eek:

Wow. Just, wow. I got it in the mail on Friday and immediately put it on him (after ironing it). Using a pair of tweezers I got it in there in maybe 2 minutes, and... whoa.

It hangs and moves just right, all without any issue. Thank you man.

no problem Im glad you like it. I have enough material for only 1 cape left. So let me know

You don't have to iron the cape. Mine was just a tad crumpled when I got it in the mail. Just a couple swipes with the iron and the cape was totally smooth.

You could also throw it in the dryer for a few minutes, too. It's just one piece of fabric (no clips) so no problems.

Last call on capes.... I have enough for 2 left and will drop the price to 20 dollars each. PM me as I have a shipment going out tomorrow.

Found the time to put the cape on...

a9a7cab1.jpg

Much better than the Hot Toys cape!!

Think he has only 1 left, I fully recommend it!

That looks great! ...i wont have my dx batz 4 a few weeks ..cant wait! ..id love that cape just floor length ..to hang over the floor just a little bit like seen in previous pics.

I have been getting lots of pms to make some more so I went out and bought more material for the capes. If anyone is interested let me know. They are 20 dollars in the US and 25 dollars elsewhere.

Hey Forgino! Thats cool man but would you mind posting more pics of whats these capes will look like. I know you were working with 2 or more different materials at one point and we've seen so many different pics from members that I think some, like myself, may be interested but would like to see exactly what we'd be getting. Thanks

Found the time to put the cape on...

a9a7cab1.jpg

Much better than the Hot Toys cape!!

Think he has only 1 left, I fully recommend it!

Breakersrevenge: What did you use to insert the cape into the suit? Did you use the pegs that came with the original cape? I usded the cape pins that came with the original cape with the V1 Batman, and you can see the pins. It's so unnatural.

Hey Forgino! Thats cool man but would you mind posting more pics of whats these capes will look like. I know you were working with 2 or more different materials at one point and we've seen so many different pics from members that I think some, like myself, may be interested but would like to see exactly what we'd be getting. Thanks

I am using the material that I liked the best, which is a rayon and spandex blend. It gives it a realistic look. I will refer to vodouns nice pics for reference:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2188652&postcount=136

Just thought since the DCD batch is set to be released next week, this thread could use a bump!

And after seeing how the stock capes that come with the figure look on the DX02, a custom will surely be needed for me.

Lforigno are these still available?

I have been getting lots of requests to make these again. I can order more fabric if need be. But because I have no fabric currently and not cutting the fabric by hand so that every edge is perfect I am charging 30 dollars for a TDK cape and 40 dollars for a begins cape. I can order as much fabric as I need so anyone who wants one can get one.

please send payment to [email protected] and just put your username in the subject along with what version.

Last edited:
Back