Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could use a little help here. What are you guys using to get the cape tips all the way into the holes on his chest? I tried using tweezers, but it;s not working too well. I still have to get the tips in farther down to not have a huge v on his back.
Thanks alot!

I could use a little help here. What are you guys using to get the cape tips all the way into the holes on his chest? I tried using tweezers, but it;s not working too well. I still have to get the tips in farther down to not have a huge v on his back.
Thanks alot!

I use my nail filer that I never used in my life to push it in deeper :p o/w a small watch screwdriver should to the trick as well?, coffee stir thingies......

I have been getting lots of requests to make these again. I can order more fabric if need be. But because I have no fabric currently and not cutting the fabric by hand so that every edge is perfect I am charging 30 dollars for a TDK cape and 40 dollars for a begins cape. I can order as much fabric as I need so anyone who wants one can get one.

please send payment to [email protected] and just put your username in the subject along with what version.

:panic: I thought I got the last lforigno cape! :monkey2

I was looking forward to rubbing it in everyones faces! :lol

J/K ;) Everyone should have access to this fine product!

Just got mine today. Still at work right now, so I will first get to "play" with it tonight. Once I figure out how to attach it (I had been planing on the watch screwdriver method) I will post pics.

OK, I love the cape, but it just won't get it in there deep enough no matter how hard I push it in!
(thats what she said)
Anyway, How far down did you push the cape points in? Should I trim down the cape tips, then I wouldn't have to push the cape in so much?
Thanks!

Got my cape in today Lance. Thanks for the quick turnaround. My DX actually arrived today as well so it was perfect timing. Haven't had a chance to open everything up yet.

how does the cape stay in is what I wanna know?? I got one too after i said it was silly to get a custom cape because the HT one is fine. But I always thought Lance's work was great... so I don't regret it. have not got it yet but still don't see how its not gonna be slipping out all the time.

how does the cape stay in is what I wanna know?? I got one too after i said it was silly to get a custom cape because the HT one is fine. But I always thought Lance's work was great... so I don't regret it. have not got it yet but still don't see how its not gonna be slipping out all the time.

You just stuff it in where the clips go [the fabric ends up behind the chest plates i think]. This works surprisingly well. And it allows you to play with the look a bit. Like if you tuck more of the lateral sides of fabric in it will look different than if you tuck the medial sides in further [This may not make sense until you have seen the design in person]. Also, you can make it different lengths (within reason).

And don't worry, although it's not hard to pull it out on purpose, it will never "slip out" even when reposing etc.

Here's mine. :rock

picture.php

I have to take more pics soon...

Hey guys im new here so cut me some slack :1-1:
im expecting my figure to arrive June 30.
So i don't even have it yet and im already
considering getting this because of the fat bulky cape
that comes with the original.

So i don't have any experience with the figure itself
and im a bit worried that i wont be able to put your custom the cape in
correctly. Because as much as i like the cape iv seen people
with your cape on other forums and vids(your cape empire stretches
far and wide) when the v is so big it doesn't really look that cool.
but attached correctly it does :clap

Im really considering buying it but how do i pay for it? pay-pal or something i cant pay through credit cards i don't have em
so i need some clarification on that.I really am willing to buy one
but i saw in your post that you don't have material's anyway
sen a message :thud:

I have been getting lots of requests to make these again. I can order more fabric if need be. But because I have no fabric currently and not cutting the fabric by hand so that every edge is perfect I am charging 30 dollars for a TDK cape and 40 dollars for a begins cape. I can order as much fabric as I need so anyone who wants one can get one.

please send payment to [email protected] and just put your username in the subject along with what version.

Good evening Lance

This is my first post on this forum. I just started my collection of Action figures a few months ago. I have already gotten The Joker DX, Leonidas, Predator 1 and Hellboy. I just got my Batman TDK DX from BigBadToys. I loved your custom cape.
How should I proceed to get one? Can i just go ahead and sent payment through PayPal?
By the way, I am in Toronto/Canada.

Thanks in advance

Rick

Hey guys im new here so cut me some slack :1-1:
im expecting my figure to arrive June 30.
So i don't even have it yet and im already
considering getting this because of the fat bulky cape
that comes with the original.

So i don't have any experience with the figure itself
and im a bit worried that i wont be able to put your custom the cape in
correctly. Because as much as i like the cape iv seen people
with your cape on other forums and vids(your cape empire stretches
far and wide) when the v is so big it doesn't really look that cool.
but attached correctly it does :clap

Im really considering buying it but how do i pay for it? pay-pal or something i cant pay through credit cards i don't have em
so i need some clarification on that.I really am willing to buy one
but i saw in your post that you don't have material's anyway
sen a message :thud:

I recommend the cape. When inserted properly the V looks great. You just use something small to poke the cape into the holes where the clips for the Hot Toys cape go. It takes a couple tries to get it right, but once you do, it is worth it. :)

Send a Private Message to lforigno. He responds quickly.

I payed with Paypal.

P.S. Welcome! :duff

P.P.S. Why do you right lines like you are writing poetry?

Last edited:
because i am awesome :lol
no i don't know i guess i am just poetic ! :yess:
or i just happen to type that way.
anyway i will sent him a pm about the cape

Just got my cape in, looks really nice compare to the hot toys pieces of crap. seriously, who is their designer and seamstress for the capes?

Just got my cape in, looks really nice compare to the hot toys pieces of crap. seriously, who is their designer and seamstress for the capes?

thanks for the compliments. I have a large batch going out tomorrow. If anyone would like one when the rest go out tomorrow just shoot me over a PM. THanks

Back