Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP Bronze age Catwoman last pg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 scale Silver age Bat characters

Im slowly adding batman figs as I do them. batman is in storage in his box until I get pieces together to make another BM my bronze age one.I may make costme ga/sa catwoman to go with classic bm and im doing ba catwoman. so only need to change outfits to transition..

Joker is on pre-order SSC.

sa/ba penguin is on hold when I have more time and money to make body,mold,cast in resin. I already set aside his hands, umbrella and im having someone make his top hat. I need to find a round eyeglasses I can canobolize for a monocle and im going to sculpt a cig holder

My wish list is
BA Mr. Freeze from 80's in blue and white.
SA/BA Killer moth and batgirl
BA night wing
BA Mad Hatter
Scarecrow (creepy scary BA version w/o straw hair)
Catman cross between classic and modern (I like the costume but I want the CM on chest)
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy (Harley will be a mod from SSC and Ivy will be a phicen with BA costume (mostly sculpted swimsuit if I cant find good fabric).

But im taking my time on all of these because I really want these to look cool.

Last edited:

My catman would probably be like this guy with classic cm on chest instead of claw marks
443px-six.png
[/IMG]

Catman_0001.jpg

the finished one might look like a mix between two

Do you think it would be better to keep his classic logo and ditch the claw marks on chest decal because I think the CM looks cooler than the 4 scratch marks.

Does anyone know of a clay that will dry hard and stay on an already made sculpt so I can make the ears on a batman sculpt and just let it dry and get it painted. or is epoxy it?

Last edited:

Groovy, I was inspired by your Batwoman custom into making one of my own in DC Direct 13" scale. I used a Zatanna head with the hair modified a bit, a Power Girl body, I heavily modified a pair of Zatanna boots, and modified a Batgirl belt purse into a ultility purse.
The costume I made from yellow lycra; I decided to go with an all yellow suit (like the DCD 6" action figure), rather than give her a black corset, as I always felt that part was depicted black in the comics due to shadowing. If I could have found another shade of yellow lycra, I would have made the upper part and sleeves a lighter yellow and the corset & lower part darker; I did use the less shiny side of the material for the upper part and the shiny part for the bottom, but you can't really tell any difference. The mask was cut from pleather and painted, the cape is scalloped but needs ironed so that it hangs better:

And with the 6" DCD action figure:

My camera flash really washes the brightness out of the yellow lycra; in reality, it is very close to the shade of yellow paint used on her belt.

I totally understand the brightness factor on the costume. I had to use night setting on mine to get some of the flash gone. the mask when I used vinyl was a btch to do. if it was cut closer to center it might look more like it and wont pull so much. I learned that 1st time. I decided to sculpt the final because it gave me to much problems. As far as purse it needs to sit right next to belt because in comic it actually was attached at belt and the straps acted as bolas to catch crooks. other than that your's look like the earth 2 Batwoman from batman family with the cuff boots instead of wing-tips boots.

I really like the belt hw much would you charge for one.

im also redoing her costume I found a way to eliminate some un-nessasary seams

Altogether you did an awesome job on Batwoman

Hey everyone sorry for being quiet so long. well I have a slumlord situation and Im probably going to end up evicted so I might not be on here much.

I am working on Batgirl , im also going to re-vamp Batwoman eventually, I did revamp Riddler once I locate my camera I'll show another pic.

Updates:

1095114_10200194031884042_1347649776_n.jpg

Batgirl was done with DCD batman cape, Batgirl head, gauntlet fins, and belt I shortened to sit on hips of a triad female. I used large bust to offset huge head. triad bootfeet and boots made by me, also made elbow length gauntlets,black jumpsuit and big batgirl symbol on chest. This was the fastest bash ever only took on whole day.

revamped riddler with smaller mask(im still scraping off excess so if you see white that's why. and shortened gauntlets

1095114_10200194031964044_868710599_n.jpg

Nice work on these!

I am in mid-'66 Batman cusomization. I am converting a Ken batman to a more "hero-esque" state.
A batmobile and copter are planned [the car is started], Joker, King Tut, Catwoman, False Face and Riddler are WIP.
Have you considered craft foam for the masks? It may be easier to cut and adhere to the heads. I am not at that stage just yet, but that is what I was planning on trying.

Im going to re-vamp Batwoman and I am working on batman it's a slow process since I have a job. and my computer is messed up so im having problems uploading pics from facebook or even email so I think I have a virus.

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Bat Good guys and Villians; new scarecrow last pg

Hi guys just wanted to share with you my custom scarecrow. I sculpted his skull,head and boots. tried to vary boots to look tattered. I sewn everything you see. The Scythe is by https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?2808-Agent47

Oh btw he is on the volks neo-go body i had to file away most of the neck to attach head so he didn't look even crazier than he did. he is super thin and gangly compared to the other figs. yes he is skinnier than sideshows joker even. he stands with hat at 13" tall without hat just shy of 12" (1/4" off to be exact)

enjoy
10153269_10201636991557132_938337735_n.jpg
734487_10201636993277175_1793316436_n.jpg
969306_10201636992997168_1451582418_n.jpg
1544934_10201636993037169_1319332429_n.jpg

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; new scarecrow last pg

I picked up the bruce body from Aci Thought it was fitting since it's batman's alter ego. I liked the latin body because it's actually tan. not that it matters.
I had it try the dc direct suit on it's alittle big and i don't care for the color or shimmer so I have the old medium charcoal spandex that is matte which means it will be sent to currose for a decal. so better work on sups jumpsuit as well. But needless to say i liked the way the body looked in a jumpsuit it's perfect for SA-BA slim build muscular batman. where as KP02 and HT20 is for superman. Plus it's butt looks good wearing the trunks, the KP bodies have no butt they look flabby and flat (yuck) most body builders that look like that have the HT bubble butt i think KP need to look at body builder pics better. Surprisingly the gap in crotch area just seams to work in bodies favor for jumpsuits. So he may be a superhero fav body. Im using it to take my DC direct batman into a 1/6th scale batman to be in scale with my other figs.

Bruce body.jpg
Bruce body 2.jpg

I picked up the bruce body from Aci Thought it was fitting since it's batman's alter ego. I liked the latin body because it's actually tan. not that it matters.
I had it try the dc direct suit on it's alittle big and i don't care for the color or shimmer so I have the old medium charcoal spandex that is matte which means it will be sent to currose for a decal. so better work on sups jumpsuit as well. But needless to say i liked the way the body looked in a jumpsuit it's perfect for SA-BA slim build muscular batman. where as KP02 and HT20 is for superman. Plus it's butt looks good wearing the trunks, the KP bodies have no butt they look flabby and flat (yuck) most body builders that look like that have the HT bubble butt i think KP need to look at body builder pics better. Surprisingly the gap in crotch area just seams to work in bodies favor for jumpsuits. So he may be a superhero fav body. Im using it to take my DC direct batman into a 1/6th scale batman to be in scale with my other figs.

View attachment 102918
View attachment 102919

Cool! can't wait to see how bats turns out.

Yea i got a cobalt blue lycra for his cape and briefs, the gauntlets and gloves will be painted leather, and jumpsuit will be a deep cool gray. ill cut and sew it next week and post w/o bat symbol.

Working on wonder woman in class as part of my metal project So far so good in the next 3 weeks i will post pics. I am still rooting hair and adding additional holes since wonder woman has alot of hair. my custom sups will also be posted with wonder woman on a seperate thread just for my Justice league figures. Im keeping this one strictly batman.

I am aiming for a cross between 70's wonder woman and 90's wonder woman (George Perez etc.)

Superman is the sculptor's head, finially got good draping fabric for sups not cheep spandex but quality knit. So stay tuned Justice league fans

She will be coming to me soon to be worked on. I will possibly make some head-sculpts available to purchase. So inquire if interested. The gap in back if for the person interested to either sculpt hair on or add hair to her cowl. this sculpt could make her GA/Sa and her brief BA looks and can be used for jim balant catwoman or head filled for a catwoman with non revealed hair.

gwencatwoman2_zps15a8f2af.jpg

those not familiar the golden age through early silver age she wore this costume with one slit op the side of her knee high dress and short dinner cape. and short cuff boots. sometimes her dress had gloves attached other times only a few fingers were intertwined with sleeve.
Batman_n42_Golden_Age_with_Catwoman.jpg
5cbf8f13c784d11d6dab0c3e384004cd.jpg
c2523b379d75249969999ab94c7664c1.jpg This pic is inaccurate since one side of her dress was attached and only one slit was shown.

in the end of silver age through bronze age in her brief mysterious death in the late 80's
she donned a longer cape with knee high boots and split up both side seams of her dress sometimes artist gave her culottes.(not flattering but luckily only in one comic) some artist use to doing the classic threw on a belt and attaching cape but most of time she had a collar worn cape and no belt. as a departure from her SA look.

bronzeagebc2.JPG
1212225-catwoman__bronze_age.jpg

then a mini series called her sister's keeper she wore a jumpsuit for the 1st time and this was used in many versions of this look for the 90's through some current looks
HSK.jpg

then Jim Ballent converged the two classic with jumpsuit in his awesome design that lasted for a good while. Sometimes artist would have her wearing magenta other times a rich purple
cat93.jpg
80dbf7927b7b6be02be4680f2e08df41.jpg
personally i am using this to make all 3 GA/Sa, BA and Jim Ballent

Last edited:

Staytuned batman fans I will be doing bronze age poison IVy

this is the closest image i could find to show what i am making, accept she is having ivy braclets and leaves all over swim suit.
Poison_Ivy_by_hwoarang1986.jpg

Sounds cool Ivy is one of my favorites.

Yea Ivy is mine to i am going for a none ultra pretty headsculpt because at that time she was not overtly beautiful but comely since she had pheromones to do the work to entice men.

medbust triad female.jpg

I am using this headsculpt with rose pink painted lips and i will be curling hair. so it will make her somewhat more appealing to look at.

Last edited:

I am designing a pattern to make Helena Wayne The huntress. I found a head deciding body after i get head (skin tone) and figuring i will need to sculpt her crossbow in 2 parts, maybe sculpt her throwing daggers and will make buckle detachable since she uses it like a suriken.

eath 2 huntress SA.jpg

her weapons will be painted gold or brass since I'm relaying comic into reality, I am keeping belt yellow and leg harness yellow but buckle will only be yellow on back oval and the logo is going to be brass metal
the color block swimsuit is the most challenging piece and may need to be done a few times to get it right. since it's a halter top swimsuit..

Last edited:

Looking Forward to Pic's of Ivy & the Huntress. :joy

WIP poison ivy
i still have alot left to do on her like applying leaves and double stick tape lol. I have leaves to add to ivy whip as well and sculpt her grow gun
wip poison ivy1.jpg
wip poison ivy.jpg

Back