Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP Bronze age Catwoman last pg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 scale Silver age Bat characters

nice im going for an all over matte look for riddler. i have some purple faux suede tht i have left over from a hat i made for myself i'll need to color match the hands in a matte finish.

I did learn something if you use the wrong side of fabric as right side you loose alot of the licra look so the look is more subtle. nice trick with the patch fabric.

Makes me wonder why i went through the trouble of tileing all those question marks in illustrator and making it into a transfer to screen print it in printmaking class. but then again you cut out all of those ? marks that would drive me to drink.

Last edited:

nice im going for an all over matte look for riddler. i have some purple faux suede tht i have left over from a hat i made for myself i'll need to color match the hands in a matte finish.

I did learn something if you use the wrong side of fabric as right side you loose alot of the licra look so the look is more subtle. nice trick with the patch fabric.

Makes me wonder why i went through the trouble of tileing all those question marks in illustrator and making it into a transfer to screen print it in printmaking class. but then again you cut out all of those ? marks that would drive me to drink.

Yeah the underside of most Lycra lacks the "shiny" finish and would work if you're going for a more muted look.
I had originally hoped to draw the ? marks on with a black fabric pen, but in experimenting with it there was too much bleed. Cutting them out one by one was a laborious process, one I don't want to repeat anytime soon!

Great job on Batwoman's handbag.

Thanks her utility purse was based on the silver age figure I just wanted something simple to hold stuff im going to later find for her. Im going to make a small bat button from sculpy to glue on top of flap.

I usually make purses for barbies which i line and everything. batwomans purse is lined with red peachskin. with enough room to fit her baterang and something else small.

who the heck voted this thread "terrible" ~ i swear i hate this place sometimes.

awesome job, warlock664!

i really enjoy these throwback customs ~ reminds me of my childhood!

: D

I have some hater's thats primarily it

So are we the only ones who have made vintage batman figs, if so that's sad because thats history man.

I cut out the fabric for the riddler and im designing batgirls pattern, found my fabric choices for jumpsuit and im using non stretch fabric for cape because it has good flow. the wind catches it nicely.

Batwoman's costume was flashy but i imagined in the 50's it was kinda flashy. and her cape reminded me of a dinner cape that was probably cut up at bottom so it would be satin for a female. All the matte yellows i saw were kinda pale so i had no choice but to use leftovers from my costume.

batgirl and riddler will be matte im trying to make them more nutrual and not over the top.

Does anyone know how to degloss her hands from dcd or should i re-paint the triad hands yellow to make them matte.

Last edited:

Riddler is almost finished, I sculpted his mask to his sculpt so it needs to set for 16hrs then I'll paint it, i have to paint the question mark gun i made,soles for his unitard. hands which will need to be guesso'd 1st then painted. and his hair needs painted.

Then allow to dry before he gets an photo-op

need pics! the in-process stuff is always fun to look at (and i learn a lot from it).

Ok im posting pics today

1011158_4945466965022_1458274832_n.jpg

1016585_4945470805118_1658151898_n.jpg

Granted the mask is alittle big but im happy with him

998813_4945474005198_605079936_n.jpg

I didn't make the cane because that was something new

they look great together! yeah, the mask is a bit fat, but it's a goofy costume anyway, so it doesn't look out of place.

riddler is probably my least favorite batman villain. i just want to kick him in the nads.

Yea i didnt want to go all out for him either. I just wanted to make eventually all the villians he kinda sucked as a villian so i dont care, I tried to make his mask thin and the face gave me problems so i said whatever and just left it alone. and he looks better in person. i dont know why but photographs seem to make figures look bad when they look great in person.

Who knows i may ake pitty on him and dremil it off and try again with another air dry stuff.

I like your customs. :D
Did you sew the mask? Or is it sculpey?

no I used epoxi and it's kinda unruley. when i got it super thin it would break in contors of face so i had to keep adding.

Thanks and Im actually happy with the way he turned out, the mask only moderatly botheres me Im sure if it bugs me i can ssand it down smaller. I have to buy a dremil but need to wait now because my rromate is moving out and im woried about possibly having to move myself. so I kinda rushed alittle to finish riddler.

I need to find something better than epoxi that air dries and stays plastique.

I would crack off that mask and make one from vinyl or cloth.

I may do that I don't know if I want to dedicate much more time to him

all that said, i do like his gloves. do you have any shots of your whole collection? or did i miss them?

Back