Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP Bronze age Catwoman last pg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 scale Silver age Batwoman

Im cutting her hair 1/2" and re-curling it.

sweet! she was never my favorite character in the long history of the bat series, but i love seeing her realized in 1/6 (1/6 makes everything cooler!).

If you cut barbara's hair make sure you get it really wet with cold water so you dont change style,also so you get the proper length so you get an even cut.

i may never work up the courage, but thank you for the tips! i haven't a clue when it comes to doll hair.

: D

Info on synthetic hair used for action figures and Barbies

With 1/6 female hair you want to make sure you cut straight accross and always do it when it's wet. It has track holes set up much like a wig so cutting it straight helps so that it's even. If you want to curl hair you need to use hot water and ultra small curling rods. if you want to uncurl hair use boiling hot water to undo the style and anyproducts if any used to keep it curled. and comb out with a narrow toothed comb.

Saran Hair is a poly nylon hair and is heat set like a synthetic wig. and cold or cool water has no effect on a style so those are safe temps for conditioning and cleaning hair. Since it is a fabric based synth hair, fabric softener acts as hair conditioner. and dishwashing liquid is perfect for washing hair.

If your cutting bangs however you need to curl 1st then wet with cool water and cut to desired lenth. When it dries it will go back to style since cold water wont negate the style done 1st with boiling water.

I understand your fear because one cut can destroy the look very easy.

Last edited:

if you want send head to me and i can cut and style her hair just send a pic. Sometimes toy companies do a wash and go attitude with hair. so it's usually only gets an uneven cut and then they boil set it it and ship it out. accept hot toys and sideshow I have noticed an attention to this detail.

Triad sadly those girls get no style at all worth mentioning and ttl had this issue with sharp angle uneven cuts.

Batwoman this head is TTL and the hair is uneven so to make her more respectable im going to rectify this lack in detail.

972342_4823761682466_1661987815_n.jpg

I don't have painting skills but here is her mask and gloved I still have one more coat and gloss coat but here is progress so far.

Im going to give her some curls so her hair will look better

Last edited:

thanks average joe much appreciated

all that's left is cape,purse and boots so stay tuned and when i get some free time I'll finish Batwoman. I think i'll put a net in her purse andmaybe sculpt her a baterane and paint it red and yellow. someday down the road i'll see about making her knock out #5 bottle and bracelet cuffs.

The cross over conspiracy from Brave and Bold cartoon awakened my desire to make Batwoman. She is like jean harlow of the comic world some sass with class.

I'll be testing out my cape pattern tomorrow wish me luck, never made a dinner cape before. The boot pattern looks good so far once i finish sewing them I'll give the big bat reveal.

I had to discard the bootfeet, For some reason triad boots look huge on kumik bodies. So im using a barbie boot that ironically looks good on her. Im working on her purse and cape.

Hows it coming along?
How do you like the Kumik body? I was going to pick one up for a custom.

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Silver age Bat characters

kumik is a decent body it has pro's and con's like all bodies do.

pro's: slimmer build with more realistic bust in shape much like hot toys, neck fits most heads.Dollsfigure boots are premo for them because the calfs are small enough to wear the boots better. this figure comes with two set's of feet,2 pairs of hands, pair of black gloved hands. cost effective.

Con's weak wrist joints so easier to stick to one set of hands, ankle post is not removable but ironically most barbie boots look good with her frame you just dont use the feet. Sadly triad boots look huge on these figures so i don't recomending moding bootfeet to fit these. Some barbie boots are not to narrow so you could get away with it.

so if you have a figure that your only using one set of hands, want a figure with a body frame that matches a smaller bust then this is the figure for you.

Last edited:

i cut out pieces for batwoman's purse and cape so far so good the cape looks like it will work out. I used a batman returns cape pattern and srunk it down to scale for work for batwoman.

1012616_4846194723278_2144482423_n.jpg

992994_4846197283342_479484576_n.jpg

6483_4846204163514_407750010_n.jpg

I have almost finished with her but im going to wait until latter to restyle her hair.
Again I made her for the hell of it so I didn't put 100% effort in this one so if their is any complaints this was not a serious bash just something fun because I like batwoman

Last edited:

i think it came out great! it's definitely an off-the-beaten path character to bash, so well done! love the purse/satchel too!

once you style her hair, she'll be perfect!

: D

Thanks Guys Babs/Batgirl is next not to be confused with Betty kane Bat-Girl.

and Im making the Riddler bodysuit.

So look for their progression soon on here.

For batgirl Im using a matte 4way stretch black vinyl which has a slight charcoal apperance and im going back and forth about making her boots and gauntlets of vinyl or faux suede because I like both i might make both versions and let people vote on which one is permenant.

For Riddler i have Screen printed the question markes onto the fabric to be sewn.

Last edited:

This is the Riddler im aming to do.
the%20riddler.jpg

and batgirl im doing
Batman_Gotham_Knights_43.jpg

Im using the DCD Batgirl sculpt and triad body with big bust to offset huge head.

I need to stop by jo ann fabrics i remeber seeing some purple vinyl that might match riddler. if not i do have some microsuede that does. im going to sculpt the mask onto the headsculpt for riddler since he rarely removed his mask.

I actually found a nude body with a high receding hairline so that saved me alot of time

Last edited:

Nice Batwoman; I may do one in DC Direct 13" scale using Zatanna as the base.

This is the Riddler im aming to do.
the%20riddler.jpg

I completed a DC Direct 13" Riddler custom a while back, using the Golden Age Green Lantern as a base, repainted the hair black, repainted a Robin mask purple, painted the GA GL belt purple, Made a pair of gauntlets, and made the costume from a piece of white lycra that I dyed a light shade of green. I made a pattern for the question marks and cut them out from a sheet of self adhesive fabric patch:

Back