Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP Bronze age Catwoman last pg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; poison ivy last pg

A few people want me to stay not sure I can guarantee it long term. I'm tuff but sometimes I wonder about this place. I just know it's frowned upon for me to defend myself and I don't have a click which I still feel is reduculous for one to need that here since work should speak for itself here. I'm still going to post more on OSW because this place leaves much to be desired.

I don't know I been here nearly 4-5 yrs and treated more poorly than good it makes me wonder about freaks integrity. People value my insight on OSW and see I'm trying to help. But here unless you got fans if your work the popular people here call shots here and sometimes they produce some crappy stuff and there worshipped and those fans attack people to keep there idol on that pedestal they been placed. Which is sad someone who produces a better piece should be complemented not attacked. I know I'm slowly being black balled since only the people I know look at my stuff.

Last edited:

Nice work on Ivy. The only thing that lets her down is the bland sculpt. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any better alternatives out there.

I kinda like it. The apple green eyes. Your right I'm not happy with female sculpts out there either.

Hey Groovy I'm in your in your click. ;) I'm Sorry to see you go :( but looking forward to more of your helpful tips and seeing lots more your work on the OSW.

Nice work on Ivy. The only thing that lets her down is the bland sculpt. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any better alternatives out there.

I agree with this. Ivy should be sexy and seductive. The sculpt isn't that a all.

The outfit looks good though.

A few people want me to stay not sure I can guarantee it long term. I'm tuff but sometimes I wonder about this place. I just know it's frowned upon for me to defend myself and I don't have a click which I still feel is reduculous for one to need that here since work should speak for itself here. I'm still going to post more on OSW because this place leaves much to be desired.

I don't know I been here nearly 4-5 yrs and treated more poorly than good it makes me wonder about freaks integrity. People value my insight on OSW and see I'm trying to help. But here unless you got fans if your work the popular people here call shots here and sometimes they produce some crappy stuff and there worshipped and those fans attack people to keep there idol on that pedestal they been placed. Which is sad someone who produces a better piece should be complemented not attacked. I know I'm slowly being black balled since only the people I know look at my stuff.

I have been here for only a couple of months and have been treated more poorly than good as well. I can already tell who the "popular" posters are on this sight and how so many people jump to defend there opinion, no matter how flawed or wrong it is.

Some great work in this thread. That Scarecrow may just be one of my favorite 1/6th scale customs on this board. Very nice and in my opinion the definitive Scarecrow.

:clap

I've been reading your thread on OSW. It sounds like you've earned respect here from members who matter. That's what really counts.

There are trolls and cliques everywhere. You'll never avoid them.

I see the opposite all the time on OSW where members are too polite to say what they really think, and instead offer encouragement and an ego massage rather than a thoughtful critique, which I'm sure would be more beneficial to the creator. I've noticed it in particular with one kitbasher who's efforts are the kind of thing that only a proud parent might admire.

Not your creations though. I was only aware of it from reading your thread on OSW, and you really do put a lot of work in. I wouldn't know where to begin with tailoring!

Hopefully you'll stick it out here, since this forum is far busier, and generally more welcoming to non-military figures.

:)

I talked to a few people who work for sideshow I'm going to stick around a little longer but won't engage the mean spirited people on here because they like to create a soap opera here to make themselves interesting.

As far as ivy's looks it was deliberate. I have a few comics with ivy in it from Bronze Age and she was no beauty. The appearance is comly not to be confused by homely. I tried pritty heads on the body and it lacked the strength a plant goddess has.

I was going with the green eyes the head had already and the fact ivy relyed on her ability to produce pheromones to draw men. She looks better in person.

I have been here for only a couple of months and have been treated more poorly than good as well. I can already tell who the "popular" posters are on this sight and how so many people jump to defend there opinion, no matter how flawed or wrong it is.

Some great work in this thread. That Scarecrow may just be one of my favorite 1/6th scale customs on this board. Very nice and in my opinion the definitive Scarecrow.

:clap

Thanks I tried to be true to comics. But gave him my own spin. I sculpted head and bootfeet myself. He took 1 month of careful work to finish. Between sculpting to casting it then painting it to match collar. I texturized his fAce to be like burlap.

His tunic is in 2 parts and yes sleeves are separate. I peeled poly backing from pleather for a skin tight gauntlet. Found the right wax thread to use as rope. Agent made the awesome scythe he still has some available. And he is a friend on my profile if your interested in one

Last edited:

Groovy, i know exactly what you mean, but don't let it get you down. My very first experience with this board was a negative one, but i have since learned that there ARE some good supportive people here too.

i think you are doing some AMAZING work with these figures, and I wish you every luck as you complete your project.

Thanks. I'm finally getting back to working on some more customs. I have been going super slow because I feel these figures need them. I try to rotate things. Tomorrow I'm getting started on Batwoman version 2. Without black swimsuit. I'm doing 2 Tone suits in yellow. I was going to make a batgirl headsculpt. But I think sideshow might make one since they habitually do a premium format 1st. Then again I may just do it anyway teehee.

I'm going to stay with freaks a little longer. I do have some pieces I may get done this year. I have just been like a squirrel and collecting parts and when I get stuff together finish them.

When things get hairy I'll walk away from freaks for awhile. Because the venom here is high. I understand constructive comments but things go to far here when 1 person starts a storm. I live by a 3 strike rule. I gave one person that when I 1st started then had to have him blocked. Everyone knows who that is because they witnessed it all go down. Some were even fanning his fire and it's those same people who periodically take jabs at me and you all know who you are.

Like Sara said to Nancy from "the Craft" I'll say to them " be-careful or it will end up like nam" when I was in HS the bullying got to point I tried to end myself. Now that I'm older I'm like a tiger and since I'm staying all I'm saying is bullies beware I will have you removed.

Sean asked me to make an interest threat for ivy not sure anyone would pay 125. For the poison ivy costume. I have lime green in mesh as we'll for stockings. I will have to have him maybe sculpt bootfeet since triad is going under and there getting hard to find. He wants to sculpt head.

Since supposedly I'm going to be removed from freaks anyone wishing to maintain contact and want to see my customs I'm gwendydd34 on OSW and can message me [email protected]. I'm fed up and decided to fight back.

I'll see you on the OSW! :wave

Yep I'm on there when I can. I got customs out my azz now lol

Im building another ivy and when I do im selling the one you see but with this head. The pic is not great but when i curl hair and take pics in better lighting then you'll see her better. she will become model like which seems to be more appealing to people.

Poison ivy model.jpg

Update
Ivy with curls.jpg

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP classic Batwoman last p

WIP Classic Batwoman
I decided to not do a black body suit but two tone yellow outfit

1012863_10202856973775925_6758101527768713366_n.jpg

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Batman classic Batfamily & Villians; WIP classic Batwoman last p

Looking Good Groovy Girl!

Very cool! Can't wait to see it finished. Your gonna have to do a Bat-Girl next. The yellow 2 tone looks great. To me the black was always shadow effect. especially in the old comics.

Back