Current Hot Toys Muscle Body Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this with a question. Anyone know a safe way of slipping off the rubber upper torso of a Royce type body? I had a shoulder joint peg snap off and I need to be able to slip the chest off so I can replace the damage.

I normally remove the shoulders to slip off the new rubber torsos. Sometimes you can even remove just one arm and lift the other one straight up and the torso may slip off.

What is the best way to get the shoulders off? Is it that capped screw on the back of the shoulder? If so, what is the best way to get that cap off? I tried last night without much luck but I was too afraid of damaging the arm/shoulder/toros to try very hard.

I normally remove the shoulders to slip off the new rubber torsos. Sometimes you can even remove just one arm and lift the other one straight up and the torso may slip off.

A picture tutorial would be nice on this too. Im not even sure why HT even does rubber body parts any more.

This might not be the right thread, but what the hell, didn't want to start a new one. So does anyone know a good substitute for the HT Slim body ? or something that comes close, I've been eying this one:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ITPT-1-6-Thin-...387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51965fc3ab

but I don't know if it's as slim as the HT slim. Any input will be appreciated.

From the pic, it doesn't look as slim as the HT to me. But the biggest problem is the weird proportion. Super long arms and legs.

In fact, the closest I have ever seen was the Medicom RAH. They are about 90% similar.

From the pic, it doesn't look as slim as the HT to me. But the biggest problem is the weird proportion. Super long arms and legs.

In fact, the closest I have ever seen was the Medicom RAH. They are about 90% similar.

Hmm... never thought about a medicom RAH body, hate Medicom so much that I forgot about the company altogether, haha. Thanks for the pointer.

Not anymore they aren't:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901371&ref=header&live&search

Sure you can get them a bit cheaper from retailers, but MSRP is pretty much $50 now :monkey4

Yea wtf. Hot Toys is really getting to be way too expensive. I'm thinking Jack Sparrow and a Blackbeard will likely do it for me and then I'll be through with them. I can make a custom for their prices now, and I really don't want to be here in 2013 going "yea $500 for a HT Figure, thats just today's market".

Hi guys - sorry if this has been covered before, but can anyone tell me if the Royce arms can be used with a TT Advanced Body? And if so, any tips on how to do the switch?

Thanks!

They can, but the switch is difficult on the Royce body. You'll have to unscrew the arms from the area that attaches them to the torso. There is one screw on the front side and two on the back. The advanced has the same set up, but they are much easier to get to as the body can be unscrewed.

I'm no expert in tearing things apart, but even I've been able to repair a broken Royce body (thanks for the tips Sam!). The hardest part about that was detaching the rubber torso from the underlying skeleton of the body. But the shoulder joint that holds the arms to the body is accessible without removing the torso. Not the easiest thing to get to, but possible.

I recently took an arm off my Perseus body (to get tatted up) and had no problems. He also seems to be the cheaper of the 'muscle' bodies since his chest isn't as detailed. So if you're in it just for the arms, he'd be the one to get IMO.

I know this has been asked or said already, but I can't find the info I need. I am look to put my Stark head on a body, and suit. What body should I use, and would I be using the neck that came with the Stark head? Also is triad toys suit sets good to use? Thanks in advance guys.

Back