Current Hot Toys Muscle Body Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought this was the best place to ask this! And i'm sure it has been asked a hundred times. Is the skintone on the royce body the same as the tone on the comedian body? Thanks a lot for any help.

Good question, and one I'd like an answer to too! Going by pictures alone and the Royce body I have I'd say they differ in skin tone. The Comedian looks lighter than the Dastan to me, plus the Dastan has chest hair etc, which the Comedian dosnt. But not having the other bodies in hand I can't be sure. I'd love to have an answer from a freak with the bodies to hand!

The Comedian looks lighter than the Dastan to me, plus the Dastan has chest hair etc, which the Comedian dosnt.

I'd agree with this, although I only have the Dastan body and only know the Comedian body from pictures, but that's what it always looked like to me.

On another note (and I know it's not a muscle body, but I didn't know where else to put it), the new Sweeney Todd uses a slim TT. It's already being parted out on ebay, and the slim TT can be had for good prices (as opposed to what they regularly go for). https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=...w=sweeney+todd+body&_sacat=See-All-Categories
I ordered one the other day for $54.99 shipped. :) Considering that regular TTs usually already cost $50-75 shipped to Germany, it's really a great price.
I'm not 100% sure if the shoulders are the same as the original release though, they seem a bit bigger in the shots on ebay. Might just be an optical illusion though.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I'm currently doing a Whiplash custom (loosely based on his appearance from the movie IM2), Does the HT Whiplash's head and Hydraulic exoskeleton sit well on a Royce/Wolverine body? Is the Royce/Wolverine body too skinny for the Whiplash's head and outfit? Any photos or advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I'm currently doing a Whiplash custom (loosely based on his appearance from the movie IM2), Does the HT Whiplash's head and Hydraulic exoskeleton sit well on a Royce/Wolverine body? Is the Royce/Wolverine body too skinny for the Whiplash's head and outfit? Any photos or advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure that the Whiplash body is wider in the tummy than the Royce. It's the same as the Barney Ross I think. So you might not get a good fit. Look on eBay for some pics of nude bodies! and maybe someone who has both on hand can confirm?

Hello,

I am kind of a newbie, only customizing for a couple of years and heavily this year. only joined this board about 3 months ago.

I am planning on making a "Scorpion King" now that Head Play is going to make a Dwayne ROCK Johnson sculpt. I have a T-800 body that I'd like to paint and change the skin tone to the more bronze look.

Are there any suggestions on what paint to use and how to apply it? I've used acrylics to paint resin and hard rubber heads, but never the softer body rubber.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Hello,

I am kind of a newbie, only customizing for a couple of years and heavily this year. only joined this board about 3 months ago.

I am planning on making a "Scorpion King" now that Head Play is going to make a Dwayne ROCK Johnson sculpt. I have a T-800 body that I'd like to paint and change the skin tone to the more bronze look.

Are there any suggestions on what paint to use and how to apply it? I've used acrylics to paint resin and hard rubber heads, but never the softer body rubber.

I have done some minor color work on a rubber body using pastels to "stain" the body. There was a GREAT example over at OSW, but it looks like the images are down.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/296924-hot-toys-rambo-repaint.html

If you search google images for "onesixthwarriors rambo repaint body" you can see some lingering images (lo-res of course)

Hello,

I would ask the member skiman on here as he has painted a lot of muscle bodies I think!

Chaps, is anyone familiar with company doing this body?-

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KPL10002&mode=retail

I'm wondering about compatibility with Hot Toys.

I would think that it would be very comparable as it looks like a cast copy of the HT set, but if you look at the price, its $40 plus shipping which would be probably $10-$20 and by that time, you could get the pre order HT TT for $55/dlvd. I would think that's a safer bet.

I would ask the member skiman on here as he has painted a lot of muscle bodies I think!

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out! I'm not in a hurry as its for my scorpion king custom and I have to wait for HP to release the head sculpt to match the skin tone.

Maybe but I'm interested in finding a muscle body with a thinner neck than the Wolverine/Royce. Mind you I can't really tell if the neck on that one is any thinner from those pics alone.

Kaustic Plastic bodies do look good, I don't really like the hip area where the legs upper joints connect, they look clunky, but once clothed they might look good. I'm definitely going to pick 1 or 2 up and compare them to HT's muscular body.

Hope someone can answer this...Can the HT Perseus foot pegs also be used for the HT Tron Kevin Flynn boots since they both have "special" foot pegs...Would really like to use the boots for a custom, but nobody is selling Kevin Flynn foot pegs, and I have a Perseus, but don't want to buy the boots until someone knowledgeable enough can confirm it.

Thanks for your time!

I've Kevin Flynn bare feet and fit Perseus perfectly, so I'm assumed that it should work vice versa.

Last edited:
Back