Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still doesn't explain why he looks like the spawn of Cthulhu.

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks awesome. I just find it really random.

This?

You mean these figures are based on a paragraph?

Actually they had more than that at one point, including fake letters done in a "From Hell"esque fashion. Guess they took it down. Too bad.

EDIT: here it is, on the Sideshow Experience website https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...mation-of-jack-the-ripper-inside-look-part-1/

Actually they had more than that at one point, including fake letters done in a "From Hell"esque fashion. Guess they took it down. Too bad.

EDIT: here it is, on the Sideshow Experience website https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...mation-of-jack-the-ripper-inside-look-part-1/

Thanks for the link.

For the Jack the Ripper project I wanted to create a trifecta delivery; figural art in the form of a Premium Format figure, a painted piece, and further story development with a graphic account. Both would portray the idea of his transformation, symbolizing the Madness of Undeath pushing its way out from within.

Some details were decided right away. I wanted the face to open up into a vulgar mouth — an exaggeration that would play to the atrocity Jack the Ripper represents. His midsection would open up into a cavity of Cthulhu-esque tentacles, portraying a twisted physical manifestation of the madness.

So at least I'm not crazy about the Cthulhu connection.

I guess the way to look at this is like one mans conceptual artwork.

There's really nothing else out there like that. All other mass produced collectables are based on some kind of pre-existing media that others can relate to. This is more like a copy of someones original art. Similar to buying a print of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Am I getting it yet?

only if the print was embellished with a rupture in the sky oozing pus and tentacles.:lol

Thanks for the link.

So at least I'm not crazy about the Cthulhu connection.

I guess the way to look at this is like one mans conceptual artwork.

There's really nothing else out there like that. All other mass produced collectables are based on some kind of pre-existing media that others can relate to. This is more like a copy of someones original art. Similar to buying a print of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Am I getting it yet?

A human looking Jack the Ripper is normal considering what he did ?yet how would you portray the insanity,madness and monstrosity off his mind in a physical sense.Monsters dwell in the human psyche and they look different to all of us.

1002315_10151616555829145_60326862_n_zps4ea21d6a.jpg

Hmm i do have coupon that came with ordering reaper. I'll apply it to jack the ripper. Anyone know if they added ES to him?

And that is an gnarly picture

Hmm i do have coupon that came with ordering reaper. I'll apply it to jack the ripper. Anyone know if they added ES to him?

And that is an gnarly picture

From what I've been told he doesn't have an ES, it's the only reason I haven't ordered him. Because there's too much out there that does have an ES that I'm ordering first.

I vomit a bit everytime I see him... still can't look away though.

I haven't seen many pictues of the Red Death yet. I just get chills looking at him, i wonder what the room wife would say if i ordered him lol.

Thanks Josh, I think the head sculpt is killer! and at 359.99 its hard to say no

My wife would probably more to her parents house if I got red death.

Ah, this stuff is nothing.
I've been there and done it before, with the McFarlane Clive Barker Tortured Souls lines.
That was some messed up stuff too.
Yet it's cool, and you can't look away. But people come in and think you are some crazy sicko or disturbed lol

There was an occult element to the Ripper killings, ritualistic evidence at the scenes and various evidence linking to secret societies, so i guess with a leap of imagination Sideshow have assumed he wasn't human but demonic, its a cool concept.

It's faint, but I can make out something like a "King of the Dead" figure in the background, and it does look like he's sitting on a throne! Reminds me of the regal Doom PF. Maybe this will be the Dead's incarnation of that! :clap

Back