Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah.. explaining a hot vampire chick with gouls can be better explained than a very gross,, what ever that is :lol That's my thoughts anyway. (even though I like it)

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

My wife is surprisingly ok, or at least somewhat understanding, with me displaying Vampirella or my other half naked female statues however I don't think she would be ok with that guy.

This is probably the most hideous horror themed statue I've ever seen.

e23742bc3c5164349dd52aaf2919a311.jpg

b7f08ce7636da814bc9a39c202dc0d2c.jpg

Also, probably the coolest.

The Red Death looks AMAZING and can't wait to get it along with the Queen of the Dead. Both soooooo AMAZING!!!! :drool:drool:drool

I could never get away with displaying Red Death, but I love Poe, and especially that story. It's a beautiful piece.

I like Horror and I love the Dead line.. but looking at the Red Death makes me feel weird... I can't stop looking.

Jake the Ripper is awesome... just don't know if I want him. Part of me thinks SS created this line just to help sell him and make Jack be apart of a series.

Looks like there are a couple more in this pic. There's a female with horns and a sword next to Jack, and there's that big mofo towering over all of them.

1002315_10151616555829145_60326862_n_zps4ea21d6a.jpg

Looks like there are a couple more in this pic. There's a female with horns and a sword next to Jack, and there's that big mofo towering over all of them.

1002315_10151616555829145_60326862_n_zps4ea21d6a.jpg

I won't be getting the Reaper, but the rest are all possible. I'm at least getting Jack and the Queen, and the Red Death is a maybe only because of other PO's...too much good stuff not enough cash.

Why does "Jack the Ripper" look like one of Lovecraft's elder gods? :dunno

I'm guessing it's because he was designed that way the Sideshow's artists, and Sideshow approved the design.

Jack the Ripper has been subject of lots of speculations, and superstitions over the years. He's some sort of "legendary assassin" which gives him a monstrous aura to his "legend". So, it's become very common in various media using Jack the Ripper as some sort of monster or legendary murderous creature. This design is simply following that trend, IMO.

Some people would even go so far as to say that Jack the Ripper inspired the figure of the "slasher", which is the archetype of the brutal, unstoppable murderer with supernatural traits of the likes of Freddy Krugger, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, etc.

Last edited:
Why does "Jack the Ripper" look like one of Lovecraft's elder gods? :dunno

I'm guessing it's because he was designed that way the Sideshow's artists, and Sideshow approved the design.

Jack the Ripper has been subject of lots of speculations, and superstitions over the years. He's some sort of "legendary assassin" which gives him a monstrous aura to his "legend". So, it's become very common in various media using Jack the Ripper as some sort of monster or legendary murderous creature. This design is simply following that trend, IMO.

Some people would even go so far as to say that Jack the Ripper inspired the figure of the "slasher", which is the archetype of the brutal, unstoppable murderer with supernatural traits of the likes of Freddy Krugger, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, etc.

You do know there's an entire back story written out for it on the sideshow website?

Just go there, search Jack the Ripper and you can read the entire thing.

Still doesn't explain why he looks like the spawn of Cthulhu.

Don't get me wrong, I think he looks awesome. I just find it really random.

You do know there's an entire back story written out for it on the sideshow website?

Just go there, search Jack the Ripper and you can read the entire thing.

This?

Backstory
Our imaginations have been haunted for the last 124 years by the mystery surrounding the unknown identity of the notorious Victorian serial killer known only as Jack the Ripper. Exhaustive research into the forensic files returned a tangled web of possible suspects, but none whom really fit the picture. Perhaps we are too fixated on the identity and not the driving force behind this. Might the better question be what was Jack the Ripper? A superstitious few hold to the notion, the unexplained must always be the supernatural. In this case, though, could that be the sound conclusion, mad as it may seem? What if Jack the Ripper was far less man and quite a bit more monster? A force, on its way to something darker, more sinister, and considerably more evil? If that were the case the mysterious end to his wicked work could be chillingly attributed to a transformation between the world of the living and the dead. A truly effective hiding place for such a dark creature to reside. This however leaves us with one discomforting thought; when might he strike again?

You mean these figures are based on a paragraph?

Back