CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well then i guess i will continue to stay away from this company........didnt one of them from CSC used to come to this board :confused: funny now that they dont try to rectify the situation with at least some kind of email to their newsletter subscribers , by sitting back and saying nothing for all these months, not even an apology

damn, to think i was about to order from CSC during their 20% sale. Sucks that I still gotta keep an eye on my bankaccount as well as my paypal account now (according to the other guy that got hit with a charge).

Actually, Thomas did send out an e-mail regarding this a while back. Additionally I have seen several posts from them on this and other boards regarding their issue. I will say this; these things happen to companies every single day and it's usually not the company's fault. 90% of the time it's the 3rd party processing company that gets hacked. I recently had my Amex and Master Card have fraudulent transactions charged to them, but luckily for me, both CC companies caught these before the charges were approved. One card had 3 different airline tickets attempted to be purchased on it, all originating in the UK. Now I live in California. So how someone in the UK got this is beyond me. I spoke about this with American Express and even they admitted that most of the time it's the 3rd party processing company that is infiltrated.

I do not work for CSC, but I just want to post the facts.

I purchase from them (and several other online toys stores) religiously and have never had a problem. They have always been courteous, professional, and accurate.

So, maybe they should be cut some slack.

As for people wanting to cancel pre-orders with them, try giving them a call. I believe they will be more than reasonable with you.

I have sent an e-mail to CSC and I asked If it is possible to pay with paypal instead of giving again my cc data. I haven't received an answer yet and I hope they don't cancel my pre-order of Harvey Dent, which I waited for months.

Well this will make me think twice about ordering SDCC exclusives from CSC........

But if we pay via paypal through CSC can our paypal get hacked?

Well this will make me think twice about ordering SDCC exclusives from CSC........

But if we pay via paypal through CSC can our paypal get hacked?

I think you'll be fine. Paypal is pretty safe from what I hear. I'm still not sure how my Paypal was hit, but I can definitely tell you guys it was NOT through CSC. I've never paid for anything through Paypal to CSC, so don't worry guys.

In my last post, I said I wasn't sure how my Paypal was hacked. The only thing I can think of is that maybe through one of the Ebay auctions I won, my password was stolen. But other than that, I have no clue. paypal investigated it, realized it was a fraudulent charge, and gave me my $30 back. :banana

Actually, Thomas did send out an e-mail regarding this a while back. Additionally I have seen several posts from them on this and other boards regarding their issue. I will say this; these things happen to companies every single day and it's usually not the company's fault. 90% of the time it's the 3rd party processing company that gets hacked. I recently had my Amex and Master Card have fraudulent transactions charged to them, but luckily for me, both CC companies caught these before the charges were approved. One card had 3 different airline tickets attempted to be purchased on it, all originating in the UK. Now I live in California. So how someone in the UK got this is beyond me. I spoke about this with American Express and even they admitted that most of the time it's the 3rd party processing company that is infiltrated.

I do not work for CSC, but I just want to post the facts.

I purchase from them (and several other online toys stores) religiously and have never had a problem. They have always been courteous, professional, and accurate.

So, maybe they should be cut some slack.

As for people wanting to cancel pre-orders with them, try giving them a call. I believe they will be more than reasonable with you.

i never got an email :dunno so is the word that paying with paypal is safe then? cause if ppl are hacking into CSC, are they still able to get yur info through paypal :confused:

Paypal is not a very secure site, itself. My account has been hacked twice - nothing to do with CSC at all, but it can happen

You can pay CSC using paypal; however, I am getting paranoid enough that I may try sending them a check or money order

Paypal is not a very secure site, itself. My account has been hacked twice - nothing to do with CSC at all, but it can happen

You can pay CSC using paypal; however, I am getting paranoid enough that I may try sending them a check or money order

oh...........i didnt know you could do that anymore with these types of companies :lol thats what i will do then :banana

I once sent a Money Order to that crappy ass company OMGCNFO.com, and they claiming they never ever received it. So I lost my $90 and did not get my figures. I personally believe they did get it and cashed it and either forgot whom and which order it belonged to....or they just cashed it and said screw the customer. OMGCNFO were a shady company.

If you do send a MO to CSC, just make sure you keep the bottom slip...that is the only way to see if the MO has been cashed.

From what I've heard, OMG had some internal dispute and as the company crumbled, peoples money disappeared, orders were never shipped. In my case I had paid with Paypal, but had waited past the 45 day limit, so I had to go through the excruciating ordeal of getting their attention through email.. nothing worked until I threatened them with a BBB complaint. Their phone was disconnected, so that was the only avenue of communication. Eventually, someone refunded me, with PP fees deducted, but at least I got that money back.

Ever since that, I have grown wary of who I deal with. CSC may not be at fault here, but out of all the other good retailers out there selling the same stuff, why would I risk it with them?

I once sent a Money Order to that crappy ass company OMGCNFO.com, and they claiming they never ever received it. So I lost my $90 and did not get my figures. I personally believe they did get it and cashed it and either forgot whom and which order it belonged to....or they just cashed it and said screw the customer. OMGCNFO were a shady company.

If you do send a MO to CSC, just make sure you keep the bottom slip...that is the only way to see if the MO has been cashed.

I have sent CSC money orders for like $170, $100, and so on a number of times and they have delivered in about 10 days with no problems. If they are having more credit card problems I'm not going to order with mine but just stick to seding them money orders.

I have sent CSC money orders for like $170, $100, and so on a number of times and they have delivered in about 10 days with no problems. If they are having more credit card problems I'm not going to order with mine but just stick to seding them money orders.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that CSC will screw anyone (and I'm sure they won't). I'm just saying you never know, the MO could get lost; so just keep the attached portion that you rip off as it is your only proof, and way to find out if it has been cashed.

I preordered john connor through CSC about a week and a half ago i checked my account but it dosent say CSC comics its says GUESS.COM for the price of what i ordered its still waiting to go through is it suppose to say CSC or GUESS.COM does someone know?:confused:

I preordered john connor through CSC about a week and a half ago i checked my account but it dosent say CSC comics its says GUESS.COM for the price of what i ordered its still waiting to go through is it suppose to say CSC or GUESS.COM does someone know?:confused:

Guess the clothing company?

That is very odd.

Guess the clothing company?

That is very odd.

yeah it turns out it was the clothing company, i got a call from my bank about some mysterious purchases made on my card so they closed my card and are sending me a new one!

You might want to check that one out. That could be fraud....double check with your bank, and even call CSC and ask to be safe.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that CSC will screw anyone (and I'm sure they won't). I'm just saying you never know, the MO could get lost; so just keep the attached portion that you rip off as it is your only proof, and way to find out if it has been cashed.

Right I have have all faith in CSC when it comes to Money Orders. But with thier credit card stuff in the dumps right now it might be best to stick to MO's as payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back