CornerStoreComics and Credit Card Exposure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to them but this time with PayPal. Hopefully, that stays secure even if they were hit again. I really would like my Godfather!

I haven't heard anything else yet other than the intial scare. Seems like there are 6 or so on the Fwoosh that have gotten hit just a day or so after being charged by CSC. It may just be a coincidence, but I'm doubtful.

They just charged my card the other day for a Two-Face I forgot to cancel. I hope I don't get hit again. :banghead

I wasn't hit by the initial fraud charges but I ended up cancelling my card JUST IN CASE cause I didn't want some fake charges popping up down the line.

Looks like CSC still isn't out of the woodwork...good luck to them but I might be taking my business elsewhere and only buying from them via Paypal or something.

They just charged my card the other day for a Two-Face I forgot to cancel. I hope I don't get hit again. :banghead

Then keep us informed!

I wasn't hit by the initial fraud charges but I ended up cancelling my card JUST IN CASE cause I didn't want some fake charges popping up down the line.

Looks like CSC still isn't out of the woodwork...good luck to them but I might be taking my business elsewhere and only buying from them via Paypal or something.

If this happens again, I foresee CSC losing most of their customers and closing shop for good. For their sake, I hope this is just a strange coincidence.

I think we're just gonna have to use a pay-as-you-go prepaid credit card for these guys........

Sorry about you guys getting hit again with CSC. :monkey2
Hope everything is fixed for you guys soon.

This is unrelated, but my Paypal was hit on Memorial Day and $30 was sent to some guy's website in Europe. I never received any emails confirming I had sent money like I usually do, and only noticed it because I check my bank and credit card accounts every day. At least everything else was left untouched.
Needless to say, I opened an unauthorized charge case and will get that $30 back soon. I then changed my password, security questions, etc.

Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful with their Paypals too. I still have no idea how someone could have gotten my Paypal password since I don't do those phishing emails or anything like that. The only times I use Paypal are for paying for Ebay auctions, so that's weird!! :confused::confused:

Ok, spoke to the young lady from CSC that processes orders and asked her if the rumors of them being compromised are true.

She indicated that they have gotten reports, are looking into it and Thomas(?) will address this in due time. She indicated there is a possibility that there is something to this matter, but wasn't sure.

I told her that I don't blame them for the situation, but did say its very, very unfortunate. I shall wait until we hear official word.

I was told we can pay them using Paypal, which I will do to honor all my existing preorders.

Once i get my 3rd card, of course.

Last edited:
Damn, that's bad news...

I feel bad for CSC, I really do. they are basically very nice, hardworking folks that are - to me, being targeted by these fradulent bastards....

They better catch the people doing this. If it were up to me, I'd throw away the key

I bought a Masterpiece Arts Gabranth Statue on May 5th and Sideshow's Sam vinyl Trick 'r Treat figure from CSC May 6th. This was during a 20% sale on all inventory they were having.

On May 12th a $10 skype.com charge showed up on my card. I have not and never intend to use skype. (I would have loved to contact skype to dispute the charge, but apparently a customer service phone number for skype doesn't exist and their 'trouble ticket' system is a gor'am joke.) I have a Visa pre-paid credit card and I thought maybe it was just some kind of mistake but I called up the Visa people anyway. They credited me the $10 and advised me to keep an eye on the balance because it did seem suspicious. I didn't push the issue because it was just a measley $10 charge. On May 19th a decline showed up on my account from a company called Caliroots Stockholm for just under $300. Thankfully I don't keep much of a balance on the pre-paid Visa and that is why the charge was declined. I only add money to the card when I'm about to buy something online. This is the only way I'll ever agree to owning a credit card. After speaking with the Visa people again, they canceled the card and sent me a new one immediatley. It turns out the 'lost/stolen' card fee was only $3.

I've had this card since April and I've only used it 5 times. Once at a Speedway gas station, once at thisisanime.com, once at remotes.com, and twice at cornerstorecomics.com. I'm not pointing fingers at CSC but it does seem very possible it could be them.

Karnis,
I was 'skubasteve' over at the spawn boards. Nice to see a familiar name over here. I see Joe recently dropped the petty hammer on you too.

so.........let me get this straight, its only debit cards and CC cards that are being hit when giving them your info and the order goes through :confused: or are people accounts still getting hit when using paypal or is paypal a safe bet when ordering through them?

Karnis,
I was 'skubasteve' over at the spawn boards. Nice to see a familiar name over here. I see Joe recently dropped the petty hammer on you too.

Hey dude!

Yeah, I posted a pic he considered inappropriate so I have to stand in the corner for a couple days. :naughty

Its a pretty ticky tack foul IMHO, it was a pic of a catfight between two women, one was grabbing the others boob...but if you've seen some of the avatars & sigs over there, it was nothing out of the ordinary. I was just playing the role of a sarcastic sideline reporter during a war between two dufus boardies. :D

I suggest that if you EVER ordered from CSC and NEVER got hit by the fraud charges that you are still NOT SAFE.

I don't doubt that they ate up EVERY credit card number on there and just because you didn't get tacked with the charges doesn't mean you are not safe. Your number can still be floating around out there.

Just be careful folks....I suggest getting a new card if you've ever ordered from CSC. No offense to them or anything, but this is something out of their hands.

I got hit and cancelled my card. A few days ago I got an email from CSC asking me for my new CC number for my Two Face preorder. Thanks but no thanks i'll go else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back