1/6 Coomodel 1/6 william adams a.k.a miura anjin in honda tadakatsu’s gusoku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My William arrived today. He looks really really good in person. The headsculpt quality is on the same level as Hot Toys.
He is about 31-32 cm tall. The base is 30x40 cm. Base + William + spear together is 61 cm tall.
The armor is really detailed and completely out of metal, so he is quite heavy.
The weapons and accessories are also really good. Everything is made out of metal and wood.

That being said - you have to be super careful with this thing! All of the armor plates are connected with thin straps
and they can snap if you use too much force and then he cant wear the armor anymore.

The golden thing on the helmet is just glued on to the rest and mine arrived already broken. I had to glue it back on myself.

Also be very careful with the packaging. The base and the backdrop are glued together on each site.
Dont rip it apart or you will damage the painting / artwork of your base and backdrop! Remove it very carefully!
This is absolutely no toy and you dont want to pose him more than once.
Dont use any kind of force!

DSCN3276.jpg
DSCN3280.jpg
DSCN3281.jpg

Does anyone know if his helmet + the mask can be easily be placed on a different head?
I am trying to replace the head of this figure with an Asian head but don't know if the width of the head will affect fitting of the helmet + mask.

If anyone has SE009, do you know if Date's head fit William's mask + helmet?

Thanks for your help!

Awesome figure !! Thanks for the information on him . Where did you get your figure from ? I’m assuming your not in the US .

Awesome figure !! Thanks for the information on him . Where did you get your figure from ? I’m assuming your not in the US .

i'm in Germany. i made a request at a german online shop (www.incredible-figures.de) last year around october and they ordered it just for me.
299€ for the exclusive edition (shipping and customs included)

Very nice . I’m also trying to decide whether I should get deluxe or standard . I have no room for the deluxe back drop but would love to have all of the deluxe samurai set up in my shelf after I sell most of my Hot toys and have more space .

Very nice . I’m also trying to decide whether I should get deluxe or standard . I have no room for the deluxe back drop but would love to have all of the deluxe samurai set up in my shelf after I sell most of my Hot toys and have more space .

Yeah i know what you mean. You will need a special empty room to display all of Coomodels exclusive editions :D

I think the price (270-300 dollar or euro) is really good. You get a lot of stuff for that money
and its not cheap plastic, its metal and wood. It looks really good, a perfect 1/6 japanese display.
But yeah, its huge. I dont have such a big desk or closet or showcase. And you cant display it without a dust protection.
I ordered a custom made glass box today with the exact exclusive edition measurements. The price is about 140€ just for that.

So William will be probably my only exclusive edition i guess.

Hey Tosh, could you shed some light on whether his head helmet + mask can be easily be used on another sculpt? Is it a tight fit on William?

I am thinking of maybe using these for replacement:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...159961?hash=item23938a2699:g:2JsAAOSwlyJaFoAy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-1-6...m=202218465943&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coomodel-J...652206?hash=item1c99df99ae:g:PUAAAOSwRbtaIuo3

Thanks man.

Its not so easy to answer that. I only have some Phicen and no name product figures here
and William is a little bit taller and bigger than those.

So the helmet will probably look a little bit oversized on other 1/6 figures because the Coomodel products are bigger
but it should be fine on Coomodel products. I dont know about Hot Toys and so on.

William has a pretty normal head if you remove the ponytail.
And there is some space to work with in the helmet, so you could try to fill it with tissue paper or whatever.
The Date Masamune head should work.

Its not so easy to answer that. I only have some Phicen and no name product figures here
and William is a little bit taller and bigger than those.

So the helmet will probably look a little bit oversized on other 1/6 figures because the Coomodel products are bigger
but it should be fine on Coomodel products. I dont know about Hot Toys and so on.

William has a pretty normal head if you remove the ponytail.
And there is some space to work with in the helmet, so you could try to fill it with tissue paper or whatever.
The Date Masamune head should work.

I thought William's sculpt was a bit thin compared to a lot of the 1/6 male head sculpts out there.
My main concern is face armor piece, is it a tight fit on William? Thanks!

I thought William's sculpt was a bit thin compared to a lot of the 1/6 male head sculpts out there.
My main concern is face armor piece, is it a tight fit on William? Thanks!

Both helmet and the face mask are not 100% fixed. Its okay if you pose him but as soon as you move him too much,
these things get out of place. But i saw videos of Coomodels Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura and its the same "problem" there too.
The metal is too stiff and strong to stay in place.
The face masks of William, Date and Sanada are probably about the same size.
Its just a thin strap on the back of the face mask so you can move it up and down until you find a good spot.
Even if Dates or Williams head is like 2 millimeter bigger or smaller, i think it doesnt make that much of a difference.

Both helmet and the face mask are not 100% fixed. Its okay if you pose him but as soon as you move him too much,
these things get out of place. But i saw videos of Coomodels Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura and its the same "problem" there too.
The metal is too stiff and strong to stay in place.
The face masks of William, Date and Sanada are probably about the same size.
Its just a thin strap on the back of the face mask so you can move it up and down until you find a good spot.
Even if Dates or Williams head is like 2 millimeter bigger or smaller, i think it doesnt make that much of a difference.

Thanks Tosh. I meant the front of the face armor piece, the sides where it encloses on the face, I am wondering if that will be to fit other sculpts easily. I am not concern about the strap because that can be adjusted.

Thanks Tosh. I meant the front of the face armor piece, the sides where it encloses on the face, I am wondering if that will be to fit other sculpts easily. I am not concern about the strap because that can be adjusted.

Yeah, i dont know about that but if you look at the Date and William headsculpts on Ebay especially the frontal pictures,
i really cant see a huge difference.

Here is a pictures of Coomodel Date masamune with a different head + William Adams helmet
31391190_2158497494378557_5592005895648182272_n.jpg

Yeah, i dont know about that but if you look at the Date and William headsculpts on Ebay especially the frontal pictures,

Here is a pictures of Coomodel Date masamune with a different head + William Adams helmet
View attachment 410438

I see, the mask looks pretty large, so I am guessing it could fit other sizes of faces pretty easily. Thanks for the photo reference!

Deluxe version with the backdrop and stage add more Japanese samuai theme to the display, that unique Japanese art will immediately really capture the eyes. I will awlays go to the deluxe even though space is a problem.

Im current measuring custom display case for each set..

View attachment 410438

Btw, is this Date from Coomodel? The face looks different.

Btw, is this Date from Coomodel? The face looks different.

No, its not Date and its not Sanada Yukimura, its a 1/6 head from another company i guess.
But its probably the original Coomodel Date body + armor and the original Coomodel William helmet.
So there are custom 1/6 heads that will fit without any problems.

No, its not Date and its not Sanada Yukimura, its a 1/6 head from another company i guess.
But its probably the original Coomodel Date body + armor and the original Coomodel William helmet.
So there are custom 1/6 heads that will fit without any problems.
Ok I see, I thought you said you had put Date's head in place of William's from the previous post.

Back