Coolest Prequel Character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolest prequel character

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wat Tambor.

:lol He actually was one of the coolest designs in the PT. His voice was great, too. I just wish his ROTS dialogue wasn't deleted. Pablo Hidalgo originally reported in the ROTS spoilers that Wat Tambor was going to be back for ROTS and "badder than ever." I was very disappointed when he ended up being an extra. However there are a couple of photos of his death scene floating around online, which didn't make it to the movie. Surely he would've had some dialogue here:

evenement-mission-sur-mustafar-2.jpg

Anakinwat3tf.jpg

I will never get the substantial appeal of Darth Maul. Must be all hype. I mean, he's barely in the movie and the guy got cut in half by a Padawan. Prior to TPM and sometime after I was a little taken with him but that slowly dwindled. Lucas had a tremendously feirce and frightening looking villain on his hands and the double bladed saber was just icing on the cake. But he was just thrown to the wind and written off like he wasn't even there.

I voted for Jango although he falls along similar lines of Maul and Grievous. Invented and intended for one film only. :rolleyes: But I like the gunslinger feel to Jango along with the underused poncho that gave him a real "Fistful of Dollars" feel. Sadly just another antagonist who suffered a somewhat humiliating death so the so-so overall story could take presedence.

Wow, Darth Maul is running away with this one!

I am actually a little surprised about this...but happy just the same.

I love my Sideshow Darth Maul figure. Now I feel a need to go get him out of storage and play with him some.

Maul was cool, but really overhyped. I thought by the posters, teasers, trailers, and merchandise that he would have played a much bigger role in the movie. He had like 5 minutes of screen time and like 4 lines. I thought he was underdeveloped and misused. He could have been so much more.

Qui Gon was the only one who understood the will of the Force.
Found the chosen one, identified the return of the Sith and figured out immortality.
The subsequent events all happened because the ones in power ignored Qui Gon and did it their own way.
Giving the chosen one to a 22 yr old brand new Jedi knight to train and missing the fact that the Dark Lord of the Sith was conversing with them routinely.

Maul was cool, but really overhyped. I thought by the posters, teasers, trailers, and merchandise that he would have played a much bigger role in the movie. He had like 5 minutes of screen time and like 4 lines. I thought he was underdeveloped and misused. He could have been so much more.

I think that underused is more accurate than over-hyped. He was a sbadass as the hype claimed. Just not used anywhere near enough for me.

seeing the double saber light up for the first time gave me the same feeling as seeing the falcon jump into lightspeed for the first time.

:lol He actually was one of the coolest designs in the PT. His voice was great, too. I just wish his ROTS dialogue wasn't deleted. Pablo Hidalgo originally reported in the ROTS spoilers that Wat Tambor was going to be back for ROTS and "badder than ever." I was very disappointed when he ended up being an extra. However there are a couple of photos of his death scene floating around online, which didn't make it to the movie. Surely he would've had some dialogue here:

evenement-mission-sur-mustafar-2.jpg

Anakinwat3tf.jpg
:rock :rock :rock

I've never seen those stills before!

Ever since reading the ROTS novelization I've wondered just how much was added for the book vs. deleted from the film. It was rumored (confirmed?) that Tom Stoppard did a pass on the script. I remember specifically that the two scenes that impressed me most in the novel (moreso than in the film) were Palpatine revealing himself as a Sith to Anakin and Anakin's slaughter of the Seperatists. I'll have to take a look in the book to see if there is any bonus Tambory goodness.

:rock :rock :rock

I've never seen those stills before!

Ever since reading the ROTS novelization I've wondered just how much was added for the book vs. deleted from the film. It was rumored (confirmed?) that Tom Stoppard did a pass on the script. I remember specifically that the two scenes that impressed me most in the novel (moreso than in the film) were Palpatine revealing himself as a Sith to Anakin and Anakin's slaughter of the Seperatists. I'll have to take a look in the book to see if there is any bonus Tambory goodness.

This is something I just noticed but if you'll look at his armor, you'll see that he's considerably more grimy than in AOTC. I guess he hasn't had the time to clean his suit (or have someone else clean it) since he's constantly on the run from being captured by the Republic. Also note Nute Gunray fleeing the room in the second picture. He's in the doorway.

Wat Tambor's death in the book is clearly different from what would've been in the film. I would definitely like to see the full cut of the Separatist slaughter. The murders of Tambor, San Hill, and Shu Mai were deleted altogether.

Back