Coolest Prequel Character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolest prequel character

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maul is 99.9% look.

Yeah, but what look!! :naughty He is a Sith, Dooku is just a fallen Jedi. Grievous is a hilarious machine every time, I see him in ROTS and CW it's like watching Tom & Jerry. Jango... shouldn't have been there at all. The mystery behind Boba Fett, one of the coolest SW characters now lies behind the "daddy clone":duh

Ki Adi Mundi has been mine. He just seemed like a cool balance between Sage and Warrior.

i picked cody, darth maul 2nd and i would give dooku 3rd place. jango fett didnt have the same impact on me as boba, had he remained more of a mysterious character it would have been different but i guess AOTC needed to dig deeper into the jango character to work.

Jango was pretty freakin' awesome. He had cool armor, he was a bounty hunter, he had a jetpack and an awesome ship. He tried to assassinate people (ie padme), but was smart enough (and overcame his emotions enough) to kill Zam Wessel because she almost sang like a bird to the Jedi. Not to mention he is the "father" of Boba Fett, another awesome Mando bounty hunter. I think it was ironic that he liked killing Jedi, and 1 Jedi killed him, but eventually his millions of clones ended up killing most Jedi. We get to see into his life a little more than Maul or Grievous, he seems like an intelligent person, and he isn't trying to be "bad" for the heck of it, he's actually driven by his want for money, and he lets himself be cloned so he can have something of a family. He is, IMO the coolest prequel character. Once again though, they kill him off within a single movie. But he has my vote.
jango-fett-2.jpg

this dude knows what he's talking about. I completely agree. The graphic novel, Open Seasons, also helped show what a cool background he had.

Obi-Wan and Sidious are the coolest characters in the prequels. They are the most fleshed out and interesting, I'd say.

I just noticed that all of the options listed are bad guys.

My favorite real character in the prequels was Yoda.

I can understand you thinking Commanders Cody and Gree are evil (they tried to kill Yoda/Kenobi when order 66 was issued)

...but Mace Windu? Come on.

this dude knows what he's talking about. I completely agree. The graphic novel, Open Seasons, also helped show what a cool background he had.

Cheers Verbal! :D

Sadly Lucas wasted Maul completely, he should have been in all three, as apart from the shadowy threat of Sidious the movies biggest short commings were the lack of a consistent bad guy. He just let them all (Jango, Sidious, Grievous) enter stage left, ponce about a bit as a minor threat then get dispatched to exit stage right.
Though a threat, Sidious wasn't a dynamic enough vilain... and as there can be only one Sith apprentice a young Vader vs Maul face off would have been great in Ep III... hence IMHO Maul was wasted!

:lecture

Definitely agree with everything up to Vader vs Maul. The whole point of the three movies was to get to see Anakin's transition to the Dark Side. Part of that was his duel with Obi Wan. I still think Maul couldve been resurrected as Grievous in ROTS to fight Obi Wan one last time. It would have held more weight. Dooku should've been in TPM on the Jedi council and interact with Qui Gon, Yoda etc. This would serve the purpose of making his betrayal more relevant in AOTC. Sheesh, the more you analyse these films, the more you realise how far they missed the mark :rolleyes:

I think that Vader could have been turned prior to a fight with Maul and then Palpatine, knowing Vader was badder-ass than maul, could have given Vader the dispatching of maul as his Trials into the Sith. It could have gone Something like this...Palpatine senses the anger and power in Anakin and coerces Anakin to the Dark Side and sends him after Maul. Maul finds out, gets bent, and goes after Palps but Vader catches up to him and slap-chops him.

Or

Maul is the primary Sith Lord. He sends Palpatine to infiltrate the Jedi. Palpatine senses the strength and power in Anakin and uses him to off Maul and supplant him and become the Emperor.

Maul is 99.9% look.

I disagree. Ray Park brought a dynamic to the character that was absent in pretty much every other character that was introduced in the PT. Maul had the good human fighting skills that looked good on camera as well as the added force powers that were sloppily added via special effects.

I disagree. Ray Park brought a dynamic to the character that was absent in pretty much every other character that was introduced in the PT. Maul had the good human fighting skills that looked good on camera as well as the added force powers that were sloppily added via special effects.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Maul was a dynamic character that was as much Ray Park as he was design. You couldn't have pulled that off with Frank Oz's hand up a puppet's ass. Now Jango on the other hand, was really just 99.9% look. Morrison didn't do much and didn't say much. :lol

Darth Maul and Boba Fett are popular because they look "cool".

Morrison made Jagno "cool". The exchange between Jango and Obiwan on Kamino is why.

About the only thing you can comment on :lol

I was actually disappointed he didn't do more than run from Obi and get beheaded by Mace. The EU has done wonders for Jango, but his appearance in the films was seriously lacking when you consider this great "Mandalor" (see the Traviss novels) was the inspiration for the Army ultimately created to rid the galaxy of Jedi.

Darth Maul ...because they look "cool."

Exactly, Darth Maul is the coolest looking PT character hands down, but that doesn't make him the "coolest." In my opinion, Darth Maul did not have the traits that make a "Sith" or a solid villain. I am not surprised he has gotten as many votes as he has.

as the pic shows, even in a very furious lightsaber duel(maybe the best in all saga) and the man relaxes and meditates for a while and he still keeps his coolnes.. so in my book Master Qui Gon is cooler than cool... :rock

Back