Coolest Prequel Character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolest prequel character

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AS much as I like Maul...I vote for Grievous...he is alright in the movies, but in the cartoon that fool kicks ass..

Maul...he should have been resurrected as the General Grievous character in ROTS as a test bed for the technology used for Vader...But no that would have been too cool:rolleyes:

Loved Maul in the 'Duel of the Fates' final battle, however, although flawed I think Obi Wan was deffinetly the coolest character, he whooped Maul's ass while still a Padawan, Jango ran away from him with his tail firmly between his legs and he destroyed Vader while at his youngest and most powerful... nuff said!

Jango Fett. He has no Force powers to help him and he is still a badass.

He has a bunch of gadgets that make him, effectively, super-human. Not that far removed from the Force powers.

I voted Darth Maul. I think it was his look that I liked mostly, but his persona was the most different one added to the PT. I really didn't find any of the other personas of any of the PT characters to be anything special. Jango Fett was just Boba Fett for the PT, the Jedi were pretty run-of-the-mill, the Clone Troopers were just Stormtroopers for the PT with a lame back story, and the few off-characters that stood out like Jar Jar Binks were lame outside of their intent...which was to give a little something to George Lucas' kids.

He has a bunch of gadgets that make him, effectively, super-human. Not that far removed from the Force powers.

I voted Darth Maul. I think it was his look that I liked mostly, but his persona was the most different one added to the PT. I really didn't find any of the other personas of any of the PT characters to be anything special. Jango Fett was just Boba Fett for the PT, the Jedi were pretty run-of-the-mill, the Clone Troopers were just Stormtroopers for the PT with a lame back story, and the few off-characters that stood out like Jar Jar Binks were lame outside of their intent...which was to give a little something to George Lucas' kids.

Sadly Lucas wasted Maul completely, he should have been in all three, as apart from the shadowy threat of Sidious the movies biggest short commings were the lack of a consistent bad guy. He just let them all (Jango, Sidious, Grievous) enter stage left, ponce about a bit as a minor threat then get dispatched to exit stage right.
Though a threat, Sidious wasn't a dynamic enough vilain... and as there can be only one Sith apprentice a young Vader vs Maul face off would have been great in Ep III... hence IMHO Maul was wasted!

sebulba.jpg

Sadly Lucas wasted Maul completely, he should have been in all three, as apart from the shadowy threat of Sidious the movies biggest short commings were the lack of a consistent bad guy. He just let them all (Jango, Sidious, Grievous) enter stage left, ponce about a bit as a minor threat then get dispatched to exit stage right.
Though a threat, Sidious wasn't a dynamic enough vilain... and as there can be only one Sith apprentice a young Vader vs Maul face off would have been great in Ep III... hence IMHO Maul was wasted!

Definitely agree with everything up to Vader vs Maul. The whole point of the three movies was to get to see Anakin's transition to the Dark Side. Part of that was his duel with Obi Wan. I still think Maul couldve been resurrected as Grievous in ROTS to fight Obi Wan one last time. It would have held more weight. Dooku should've been in TPM on the Jedi council and interact with Qui Gon, Yoda etc. This would serve the purpose of making his betrayal more relevant in AOTC. Sheesh, the more you analyse these films, the more you realise how far they missed the mark :rolleyes:

Obi-Wan and Palpatine.

Most of the others on this poll are barely even actual characters. They're more like hollow archetypal placeholders, including Maul. Some of them at least look really cool, though.

Maul.
Though I'll probably be in the minority if I say the Kaminoans. I loved the design of them.

Though I would have loved to have seen Maul all the way through.

General Grievous. The four armed saber wielding maniac is just
BAD ASS!!!!
Sebulba in second place for me, very cool indeed, love his design.

Darth Maul, that was one of the very few thing good in TPM. Too bad Lucas killed him like a fool... :(

Maul was cool, but he seemed... I dunno, sorta shallow, like he was just "bad". He didn't seem to have much in the way of intelligence, he seemed naive. Sidious and Dooku seemed pretty wise (yet evil), but then again they're old people that don't get much cool lightsaber action. But Maul had the appeal of awesome tattoos, a double bladed lightsaber and awesome lightsaber battles with flips and jumps and stuff.

Grievous was a little less shallow seeming, but not much. He just seemed like he was trying to be evil. Personally I don't like dimwitted 4 armed robot-cyborgs as much as dimwitted aliens with tattoos and double bladed lightsabers.

Jango was pretty freakin' awesome. He had cool armor, he was a bounty hunter, he had a jetpack and an awesome ship. He tried to assassinate people (ie padme), but was smart enough (and overcame his emotions enough) to kill Zam Wessel because she almost sang like a bird to the Jedi. Not to mention he is the "father" of Boba Fett, another awesome Mando bounty hunter. I think it was ironic that he liked killing Jedi, and 1 Jedi killed him, but eventually his millions of clones ended up killing most Jedi. We get to see into his life a little more than Maul or Grievous, he seems like an intelligent person, and he isn't trying to be "bad" for the heck of it, he's actually driven by his want for money, and he lets himself be cloned so he can have something of a family. He is, IMO the coolest prequel character. Once again though, they kill him off within a single movie. But he has my vote.
jango-fett-2.jpg

Maul based on design/style alone, but that is fitting for the PT. :maul

Back