Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I primarily jumped on this based on the strength of the SDCC pics, rather than Sideshow's own photos. Those SDCC pics certainly made me far more confident about some of the initial doubts that Sideshow's own reveal left me with.

I still feel it's a little overpriced, but I'm a Conan collector above just about all else, so if I like a piece they've pretty much got me by my furry...pants...no matter what.

Not that I usually care about such things that much, but at least a low edition size makes the pain a little easier to bare, as well. I can now try telling myself I'm paying a premium for exclusivity. Hmmm, I wonder, is it still a lie if I try really hard to believe it? :lol

Now, let's see what ARH and Quarantine roll out...

I primarily jumped on this based on the strength of the SDCC pics, rather than Sideshow's own photos. Those SDCC pics certainly made me far more confident about some of the initial doubts that Sideshow's own reveal left me with.

I still feel it's a little overpriced, but I'm a Conan collector above just about all else, so if I like a piece they've pretty much got me by my furry...pants...no matter what.

Not that I usually care about such things that much, but at least a low edition size makes the pain a little easier to bare, as well. I can now try telling myself I'm paying a premium for exclusivity. Hmmm, I wonder, is it still a lie if I try really hard to believe it? :lol

You made a wise choice imo EX Parrot. I don't think you will be disappointed in this piece in the least.

I am very curious to see the ARH version. Quarantine is 1/6 scale so I will pass on that one.

Price isn't anywhere near as important as value in my book. So a high price is definitely doable, just so long as that price is truly justified by the piece in question.

We shall see.

I'm sure the ARH one will be amazing but like the Hot Toys Batmobile, you've got to actually have room for it :D

I can go big with statues when we're talking vertical ...so I love that this Conan is so high .... but the massive horizontal footprint of the ARH one will likely mean I'm out.

The main problem with this statue is that a lot of the price is ascribed to the huge and detailed base. I personally do not care too much about bases. Which means I don't see the value in this statue. .

The main problem with this statue is that a lot of the price is ascribed to the huge and detailed base. I personally do not care too much about bases. Which means I don't see the value in this statue. .

That's a fair point.
To me though I love a good statue base, its critical ...am always disappointed with PF's that have a plain nothing base.
(I think its one of the big things missing from Enterbay's 1/4 figures as well....)

Nice find.
Its interesting that it doesn't come up when you search 'Conan' but the regular 'Fury of the Beast' gorilla statue does.

They obviously knew in advance that people would have difficulty choosing their preferred monkey color :D

You just have to delete the last '1' from the code in the browser to pass from Ex to Reg ;) and vice versa, add '1' at the end if you want to go from Reg to Ex.

I will probably be able to snatch the Fury of the Beast too guys! Hell yeah, bring it on! :D

Back