Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first, somewhat weird, reaction to the Quarantine piece is that I don't really like the weapons, particularly the axe. The shield feels a touch 'elaborate' for my tastes, too.

Why not the axe?
The shield is Aquilonian, I dare to say. Aquilonians have the lion all over their equipments, Conan as a king had a full plate armor with a gold lion head on the chest plate. I may be wrong but Conan served as mercenary and soldier in the aquilonian army.

Why not the axe?
The shield is Aquilonian, I dare to say. Aquilonians have the lion all over their equipments, Conan as a king had a full plate armor with a gold lion head on the chest plate. I may be wrong but Conan served as mercenary and soldier in the aquilonian army.

Believe me, I know my Conan history. :)

It's not that they have used the lion's head, as an idea that I like. But the lion's head itself just seems a touch overdone to me for a shield, too big, too raised, and too detailed.

The axe in contrast seems a bit basic and primitive, and so for me the two weapons don't quite balance with each other all that well, visually. Plus either that handle is way too short, or he's holding it way up the handle, neither of which looks quite right to me, at least at that angle anyhow.

If he had a more elaborate looking sword or axe that balanced with the lion's head shield better, or indeed a less elaborate, more basic looking shield that better matched the axe, I think it would visually work better for me, that's all.

Ultimately I'm nitpicking, and this is just my initial reaction based on a single photo taken from a single angle, so who knows how I'll feel when I can see and take in the whole thing. But right now I have a couple of minor nits to pick, that's all. And ultimately, it's all just a personal preference thing anyway. :)

Besides, I said it was a weird reaction... :lol

Yout explanation makes sense - like, say, if he has that cool shield, why doesn't he wear even a chain mail or some other kind of light armor? I like the idea that he 'salvaged' that equipment here and there.

The new Quarantine piece looks okay but isn't in the same league as the Rage of the Undying PF ...not even close IMO

The new Quarantine piece looks okay but isn't in the same league as the Rage of the Undying PF ...not even close IMO

I wouldn't say that at all. Anatomically, it blows Rage of the Undying out of the water. But of course the PF is gonna be a foot taller and the paint apps look incredible on the PF. They are both pieces to be had though.

I wouldn't say that at all. Anatomically, it blows Rage of the Undying out of the water. But of course the PF is gonna be a foot taller and the paint apps look incredible on the PF. They are both pieces to be had though.

Agree to disagree.
I think the anatomy of the Rage PF is amazing.

Just saw the ES of 150 for this... Grats to those that get it

Just saw the ES of 150 for this... Grats to those that get it

Surprised that it's only 150 which is 100 less than EX tFotB Dio. Oh we'll, I ordered it and I can't lie that having a statue with a lower edition size makes me smile.

I think ppl will regret passing once this is in hand.

Ordered. I was Trying to use my reward points so I could get about 250 off the price tag, then flex it. At the same time updating my cc info. Hit the order button and my points didn't take. Sent an email asking them to apply the points, so I'll see what happens.
G'damn this hobby... :lol
I think this looks great, be a while before a stand alone Conan comes along to compete with this one.

I tend to disagree here too, it's hard to judge by a single angle shot, but i can see that ss and quarantine opted for different anatomies and drastically different poses. I prefer ss one, i find the anatomy incredibly detailed and i really prefer the primitive rendition of conan, he really has some monkeyish traits in this sculp. I find most staues are too cleaan with his sculpt, like the arh conan.

Nothing wrong with the anatomy. The muscles are not invented... People are gonna cry when the in hand pics show up and with an ES of 150... tough ****.

This is gonna be Green Lantern all over again... only more painful.

When this was first revealed, I passed it over due to the high price tag and less-than attractive and awkward-looking Sideshow prototype shots. After getting yesterday's newsletter, I came back to the forum to re-read the comments and then I saw those amazing SDCC pictures!

I just canceled my "Gizmo" pre-order and decided not to get "Green Lantern" so I could pick this one up instead. This piece really looks amazing in those new pictures. I'm hoping that small improvements will be made prior to the statue going into full production, if required.

I know that a lot of people are waiting on the hyped-up ARH reveal (as am I) but I had to pull the trigger on this one because I agree that it will likely be an impressive piece in-hand...at least I'm hoping it will be, and I did not want to miss out on it.

Really hoping those SDCC pictures are authentic. ;)

Back