Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With CA tax reaching 10%, I will not buy this. $400 is the most I would pay for a PF and I'm sticking to that. The only exception is exceptional characters that I am a fan of and those are far and few between at this point. $459 would push this guy to $504 and that's without shipping yet, that's nuts. This hobby has officially gotten too expensive for me.

Those Honey Trap statues are a quarter of the size of this thing, $200 over the price of conan and have no license fees since it is GG's own IP.

Value wise, this is the better deal by far

For sure. I think people really need to look at what we're getting here. It's fine not to like the pose or base or whatever, but you're paying for what you get and this thing is massive. It's just like how the Knifehead statue is expensive too. Look at big it is :lol If you can justify buying Black Widow you can justify buying this.

how about saving some $$$ to buy the hot companion wench that Troy will be producing instead?

That companion wench is to go along with Fury of the beast? It's a great statue but I vastly prefer the Rage Conan.This statue is all Conan in a kick a@@ dynamic pose, the other one has too much ape. I already have the prize & Arnold Conan pf ex.I shall be adding Rage and Sonja to complete my Crom worthy collection!

For sure. I think people really need to look at what we're getting here. It's fine not to like the pose or base or whatever, but you're paying for what you get and this thing is massive. It's just like how the Knifehead statue is expensive too. Look at big it is :lol If you can justify buying Black Widow you can justify buying this.

Good point guys. The Honey Trap pieces LOOK amazing but I'm certainly not gonna buy any of them at that insane price lol. Conan looks alright but I would say $400 would be better. I do like the base a lot though. All I'm saying is I hope SS doesn't start pricing people out of the market. I don't mind paying more for old hard-to-come-by statues, but I do mind paying very high prices for high ES new pieces. True that for smaller PFs the price has stayed more reasonable and I hope it stays that way :)

Good point guys. The Honey Trap pieces LOOK amazing but I'm certainly not gonna buy any of them at that insane price lol. Conan looks alright but I would say $400 would be better. I do like the base a lot though. All I'm saying is I hope SS doesn't start pricing people out of the market. I don't mind paying more for old hard-to-come-by statues, but I do mind paying very high prices for high ES new pieces. True that for smaller PFs the price has stayed more reasonable and I hope it stays that way :)

When is the last time a Sideshow Conan statue had a high ES?

Luckily he isn't coming out for almost a year (probably more with delays). Also, isn't this the only Conan premium format? It will go with Sonja and likely be the ideal and ultimate interpretations of the characters. I'm sure we will get more 1/5 scale full sculpted stuff down the road, but as a 1/4 piece this is going to be the piece to get. There's definitely time to save up and what not.

I'm not really sure why I am defending this so much :lol I guess I took a liking to it LOL.

Luckily he isn't coming out for almost a year (probably more with delays). Also, isn't this the only Conan premium format? It will go with Sonja and likely be the ideal and ultimate interpretations of the characters. I'm sure we will get more 1/5 scale full sculpted stuff down the road, but as a 1/4 piece this is going to be the piece to get. There's definitely time to save up and what not.

I'm not really sure why I am defending this so much :lol I guess I took a liking to it LOL.

Other than the Arnold Conan, yes

I agree price is high but it looks to be more elaborate than your avg pf, not trying to start any hype but the base could be sold on its own, it's very well thought out hopefully production will look close to this.

im out for now, but if i cant resist Red Sonja and there isnt much else announced this month, I might get to have Conan and Red Sonja side by side

I also looked back at the gorilla statue guest starring Conan and noticed that the piece is 27.5 inches tall and $500. Makes sense to me then that a piece almost as tall and with mixed media would be $460. I think often times with these Sideshow pieces you can basically calculate the intended value just based on measurements and comparable pieces. Seems like they always ponder how much the thing is worth and what they can get away with on the price and with reason. It just isn't comparable to the Gentle Giant Honey Trap line, where it's almost $700 for an unlicensed statue.

I also looked back at the gorilla statue guest starring Conan and noticed that the piece is 27.5 inches tall and $500. Makes sense to me then that a piece almost as tall and with mixed media would be $460. I think often times with these Sideshow pieces you can basically calculate the intended value just based on measurements and comparable pieces. Seems like they always ponder how much the thing is worth and what they can get away with on the price and with reason. It just isn't comparable to the Gentle Giant Honey Trap line, where it's almost $700 for an unlicensed statue.

Those Honey Trap girls look stunning but they're a rip off. Anyway, as for Conan, nice piece but I'm out. Congrats to those who buy though.

Those Honey Trap girls look stunning but they're a rip off. Anyway, as for Conan, nice piece but I'm out. Congrats to those who buy though.

How many times do you have to post that you are out :lol if you truly love the character but the price is holding you back, just start saving now. Anybody can save $460 in possibly over 10 months...

I'm not crazy about the price, but it's the pose that really puts me off.

The body position looks like a toddler having a fit in the supermarket checkout line after being denied candy. Meh....

Lol....didn't think of it in that sense but yeah the pose is rather off to me.
:slap

I'm not crazy about the price, but it's the pose that really puts me off.

The body position looks like a toddler having a fit in the supermarket checkout line after being denied candy. Meh....

Conan was just told that "The Prize" was in another castle.

Somebody please ASK SIDESHOW to put up the high res pictures, its difficult to make a choice with these small pictures, i would like a closer look at the finer details or are they afraid the production pieces wont match up

Back