Premium Format Conan the Barbarian: Rage of the Undying PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the best Conan statue Sideshow has ever produced.

But that price?
No movie license rights? No actor likeness rights?
Conan is not really a massively sort after expensive license....

Still I do really like the face. There has always been something wrong with every comic Conan statue's face that has turned me off.
(Fury of the Beast is good but the scale is wrong for me and I don't like that Conan is hidden)

I like everything about the statue actually. Its perfect.
And that base is EPIC.

Guessing with that price I'll have a long long time to decide.
It won't come out until June 2014 at the earliest (are we just supposed to giggle now at Sideshow's initial given date?) and most likely the EX will be available long after release.

I will ponder this.....

We already know that ARH is working on their own new Conan and supposedly the base on that is gigantic.

Still a bit much in my opinion.

The Dredd dio was a bit much too. I think this one is fairly fair price compared to other stuff they are releasing. It's just that in general this stuff is so expensive these days. If Black Widow at $360 is somehow not "a bit much" then I don't see how this is. Not all statues are created equal. There shouldn't be a standard price and there's no way this statue should be anywhere near Black Widow's price. It's significantly larger, has a skeleton knight on the base, etc...

Its hard to notice that skeleton on the base. Maybe it'll be at SDCC and we get better video/pics. I have the Ape EX P.O.'d and I hope its at the Con, along with Red Sonja.

The Dredd dio was a bit much too. I think this one is fairly fair price compared to other stuff they are releasing. It's just that in general this stuff is so expensive these days. If Black Widow at $360 is somehow not "a bit much" then I don't see how this is. Not all statues are created equal. There shouldn't be a standard price and there's no way this statue should be anywhere near Black Widow's price. It's significantly larger, has a skeleton knight on the base, etc...

Well the height of the figure is measured from it's tallest point (outstretched arms above his head) to the bottom of the base. And this statue is only 2 inches taller than Batman(point of his ears). Conan has a skeleton and batman has a full gargoyle. Batman also comes with two heads and a batarang While Conan comes with a switch out sword. So The skeleton is $60 more than Batman or $100 more than most other PF's.

You have a right to your opinion, and I do like this statue. I just don't think it's worth the money.

Its hard to notice that skeleton on the base. Maybe it'll be at SDCC and we get better video/pics. I have the Ape EX P.O.'d and I hope its at the Con, along with Red Sonja.

That was a bad move on Sideshow's part. If you look at the pictures it seems like they edit the background in a way that basically blocks the skeleton from being seen. It's such a odd choice when the skeleton is supposed to be a large portion of why we pay extra.

Ya the photographer really difn't take advantage of the base.... like at all. It even looks like effort was taken to hide the skeleton.

300118_press08-001.jpg

Yeah ....makes me wonder if the skeleton was worth it.

I have my pieces up high. This pic will be how I see it ...which is awesome, looks like Conan is leaping down ...but the skeleton isn't even visible.

There's a reason for that, as we explained above.

Hopefully he is at SDCC so we can see the skeleton in all his glory. That skeleton is the true statue we are paying for. Conan is just a bonus :lol

The skeleton is a Stygian though... evil sorcerous types...

But ya with the hair that way the pose suggests he is leaping down.

There's a reason for that, as we explained above.

There was no reason given that I can see ?

There is suggestion that Sideshow are hiding it on purpose which indeed would be odd, but even if lighting was on it in that photo, its placement hanging off the back still means it won't really be visible from any high display point.

This is very cool. Price is a bit of a surprise though. I did a double wow. :lol

Seems like they just chuck a number up now. Might be something to do with the Red Sonya companion piece.

SS must be smoking crack if they pretend to charge that much, for THAT piece (which looks terrible imo)

It is very expensive and he looks like there is a wind machine blowing on his face ... and he is about to fall over....put a guitar and a mic in his hands instead...rock on conan

:lol

I think the base is poorly executed. Why Sideshow would want to make the coolest part of the PF only visible via a 360 viewing is beyond me. Most collectors don't display their pieces that way.

Paint his kilt and half his face blue and you have William Wallace! Mokuluck!!!!!!!

Was expecting more. While the piece has some nice things going for it (great muscle detail, nice base, cool EX feature), there are too many things that are off for my tastes. Not a fan of his face or the use of a kilt. Also, I wish he were a bit more massive in size. For what SSC is charging for the piece I would have to really love it to PO it. I don't.

Im happy to see this, really am
It looks like SS is pumping them out left and right and this is just great for all the Conan fans.

I will be sure to show a lot of pics of this statue and do a review.
At the same time I am now %100 confident that the ARH Studios massive dio will surprise a lot of the guys.

This just builds the suspense and this is very exciting to see!

So the dio that ARH is coming out with will compliment this statue well ?

Looks like the best Conan statue Sideshow has ever produced.
But that price?
No movie license rights? No actor likeness rights?
Conan is not really a massively sort after expensive license....

Still I do really like the face. There has always been something wrong with every comic Conan statue's face that has turned me off.
(Fury of the Beast is good but the scale is wrong for me and I don't like that Conan is hidden)

I like everything about the statue actually. Its perfect.
And that base is EPIC.

Guessing with that price I'll have a long long time to decide.
It won't come out until June 2014 at the earliest (are we just supposed to giggle now at Sideshow's initial given date?) and most likely the EX will be available long after release.

I will ponder this.....

We already know that ARH is working on their own new Conan and supposedly the base on that is gigantic.

I think it's the best one as well. I had "The Prize" and loved it as well, but I can see this one besting it in-hand. I know, people are gonna chime in because of the chick on "The prize" :lol I think the price is what's killing this for a lot of people. If it were cheaper people would probably not be hating on it.

Back