Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an e-mail with a confirmation of my order. See you guys in 11.5 months :panic:

Already got my confirmation:)

I don't have a problem with people grouping together even though I only bought tix for myself. Guess i should have thought ahead to help somebody out or to get help if I was up ____ creek. Will have to add that to the plan in the future.

Doesn't matter what city it's in. The venue capacity will determine the number of attendees allowed (by whichever fire marshall). If you've got a venue with only 60,000...then max attendees will be 60,000. If 25,000, then 25,000 attendees. Etc. Moving it to a larger venue will only mean attendees allowed will increase and the same cluster will occur.

I don't know about others, but a huge part of the Con experience for me is the location itself. Love the ambience and block party atmosphere of the Gaslamp during Cons and the fact that nearly everything is within walking a short distance from the convention center.

I don't really do the panels, so maybe those need to be different tickets. I guess it still wouldn't matter because the main hall would still be limited to what capacity it can handle.

I had a blast when I went last year with Iron Jedi, Ill Jedi and his brother. We just went to the hall each day and wandered around for a few hours. I guess if worse comes to worse, a single day is enough, but the cost of flying out is too high for anything less than a 4-day pass.

I don't understand why they can open registration to past attendees but they can't to anyone else. I've been dying to go for years but crap like that leaves a sour taste in my mouth wondering why I should even bother.

This year was the first time I've been in hall h in several years. Mostly because you have to camp out or wait hours in lone for anything. Not to mention there has usually only been 1-2 panels in there that I wanted to see. The other rooms are about as bad anymore so outside of say a panel for TORn or The Hobbit I won't bother. I really enjoy walking the floor over and over taking pics/video of the items I see. As far as putting tickets (a % mind you) for those that went last year is not a big deal. It wouldn't be any different than allowing tickets to be sold at the show. Plus it's fair to those who have put out the money to go to the show.

I don't understand why they can open registration to past attendees but they can't to anyone else. I've been dying to go for years but crap like that leaves a sour taste in my mouth wondering why I should even bother.

I Agree it's unfair, I mean if you were able to get a Member ID then why not let us take a crack at it, what harm is it going to do them??? so everyone that has gone years before get to go again and not leave any room for new comers???????

Bring it to vegas allready. Cluster ____ problem solved. Good lord must i always be surrounded by idiots?

Too bad you can't post something like this on their FB page with out them deleting it.

I think their is a lv comic con...I think it won't do so well since its in sept and they haven't updated their site in a while.

I Agree it's unfair, I mean if you were able to get a Member ID then why not let us take a crack at it, what harm is it going to do them??? so everyone that has gone years before get to go again and not leave any room for new comers???????

There will be plenty of room for new folks. 140k people go each year I don't think all of them are folks who go ever year.

Back