Comic Con 2008 Registration Open

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No smiley, I'm being serious.

I really wanna make it out for next year's Con but I will need a place to crash in order to afford it.

If a local can't put you up, then get with a group and split the cost. You can get a nice place with at least 4 people and get away with only $300 to $500 for 3 or 4 nights. You can get a lesser hotel, or further away to reduce the cost, or add more people to the room. But starting early is a good way to find a place in plenty of time...

Why wait for 2009, I am sure I can make some room in 2008.

Be careful, I may hold you to that.

I can't tell you how much I want to attend the FREAKS party just to meet everyone in person. Once I get my tax refund, I may seriously look into attending this year's Con.

Who needs a saving account anyway :monkey3

Be careful, I may hold you to that.

I can't tell you how much I want to attend the FREAKS party just to meet everyone in person. Once I get my tax refund, I may seriously look into attending this year's Con.

Who needs a saving account anyway :monkey3

Im serious, it me and a buddy thats it, and if you crash your only paying a little bit more then I am paying. :monkey3

At least there a few perks to traveling all the time.

Im serious, it me and a buddy thats it, and if you crash your only paying a little bit more then I am paying. :monkey3

At least there a few perks to traveling all the time.

If you can, let me know what I'd be looking at and I'll see if I can fit it in.

I'm still trying to figure out my disposable income with my new mortgage payment but if I can sell a few things I might actually be able to swing it this year.

I know I am going to room with Sick Boy, we might try to squeeze a few people in there with us... I'll talk to him and see.. But if you want a place to crash, we might be able to help make it happen. Anything to make it cheaper for all of us. :rock

Again, I'm open to any offers. I've wanted to go out for a couple years but something has always come up. I'm at the point where I say '**** it' and deal with the CC bill when it comes. I really want to meet my fellow FREAKS and all the wonderful people at SS who keep me in this debt of servitude :D

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the time spent after the show much more than show itself. It's probably because I like people riding me around in a rickshaw in the wee hours of the morning. :lol

I want to make it too, but like Loki, I'll need a really cheap place to stay. :monkey2 The plane ticket and all the purchases at the Con will make it really difficult for me to afford a hotel room at the going rate.

Found out over the weekend that I am able to go again this year (third year, and third in a row to boot!) :woo

Got a room booked, but now just need to find a good deal on a flight. Any sites recomened besides the Priceline, Travelosity, Expedia, etc. route?

I'd offer up the place I'm staying at, but it's a bit tentative. My father is trying to sell the timeshare outright, and if that happens, I'm going to have to look for other options. But seeing as how I'm the point of contact to try and sell the thing, I am goign to try to wait till after July. It's at the Harbor Light (?) in gas light district. I could see if there were additional units and rent out for cost to help my father try and pay the maintenance fees; again, timeshares suck big time. When I called this morning, I was only able to get a studio for July 26, 27, 28 (Sat night - Mon night), but things change depending on when you call. I think it's only ~1 mile away.

Yeah, I'm going, but still trying to find people to share a room with. I want to get it soon, as the prices from earlier this month have already gone up a bunch. Hell, the rooms are only for sleeping off our hangovers and throwing out stash anyways.

I know my flight will be cheap because I live in NorCal, but the room will be the most. I just wish I had gotten one the the pre-sale rooms. They were so damned cheap!! But I will be ready for next year for them!!

Yeah, I'm going, but still trying to find people to share a room with. I want to get it soon, as the prices from earlier this month have already gone up a bunch. Hell, the rooms are only for sleeping off our hangovers and throwing out stash anyways.

I know my flight will be cheap because I live in NorCal, but the room will be the most. I just wish I had gotten one the the pre-sale rooms. They were so damned cheap!! But I will be ready for next year for them!!

Don't worry man... I'm with you at least. My flight will cost me about $350... so that will already be a chunk of change. Room, if we can get a few people... can be a lot more affordable. :rock2

I know I am going to room with Sick Boy, we might try to squeeze a few people in there with us... I'll talk to him and see.. But if you want a place to crash, we might be able to help make it happen. Anything to make it cheaper for all of us. :rock

Wait.... you're coming to SDCC this year??? ROCK ON! :rock :rock :rock

Where are you guys staying?

By the way, for those affected, Professional Guest registration opens on 3/1. I got my mailer yesterday. :chew

I was planning to attend SDCC in '07 and '08 but not anymore, 2009 will most likely be the year. Since then I will be 21 and have more freedom over in CA :D.

Still looking for a place. The place I was gonna get was just to expensive in the end. But I need to save the money upo wuick, because with the regualr online stuff, you got to pay all at once. So I think next month I will grab the room up. But it's looking like $300 a night. Split 2 or more ways, that isn't to bad. Like I said, it's just a place to sleep off our hangovers and stash our goodies.

But if people are looking to get a room together, I wouldn't mind being the POC. I am really serious about going! If people want to do this, please let me know soon, before I go blowing all my school money on new toys!! I think the best time to get it all done would be by the end of march before the rooms get to crazy.

Last edited:
Still looking for a place. The place I was gonna get was just to expensive in the end. But I need to save the money upo wuick, because with the regualr online stuff, you got to pay all at once. So I think next month I will grab the room up. But it's looking like $300 a night. Split 2 or more ways, that isn't to bad. Like I said, it's just a place to sleep off our hangovers and stash our goodies.

But if people are looking to get a room together, I wouldn't mind being the POC. I am really serious about going! If people want to do this, please let me know soon, before I go blowing all my school money on new toys!! I think the best time to get it all done would be by the end of march before the rooms get to crazy.

I agree. We should get another guy or two... And get this done. Any takers?? Help the Artist get to the Con! And I guarantee great memories and drunk moments. Two ex sailors so far, we're always drunk. :lol

Maybe I should just join you all and avoid the hassle of going back and forth between my house and San Diego; taking a 40 minute drive that many times and always trying to find parking is a real pain. :lol

Back