Comic Cave 1/22 AOE Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for anyone who is skeptical of global holdings. Put your mind at ease. I ordered Saturday night, got shipping notice Monday and package arrived at my door Tuesday.

Aside from the fast processing/shipping. The package was bubble wrapped, and double boxed with a lot of extra packing material to protect the box. I couldn't recommend them more!!

View attachment 310221

HE IS GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its supposed to be there.... See.
View attachment 310300

They just made it a bit longer so it would clear and not rub.
But it is in the actual design in the film.

Added the autobot water slide decal. Really makes it pop IMHO.

IMG_0904.JPG

The hips tend to break very easily.
Apparently CC made the joints out of plastic. Combine that with stiff joints and weight, and you get a formula for easy fractures.
That should be your main concern.

With it being a "one off"... I think it comes with the territory.
Their AOE Bumblebee was cancelled, and there isn't any talk of other TF figures being released by Comicave. I have seen this Optimus in many pictures of other people's collection though.
Additionally, the most discussion I've seen of it is in 3A threads over at "TFW".

It's a cool figure, so congratulations on your score.

Enjoy it.....
It'll be a center piece in your collection...
And will be missed... ;-)

CREEPY!!!!

With it being a "one off"... I think it comes with the territory.
Their AOE Bumblebee was cancelled, and there isn't any talk of other TF figures being released by Comicave. I have seen this Optimus in many pictures of other people's collection though.
Additionally, the most discussion I've seen of it is in 3A threads over at "TFW".

It's a cool figure, so congratulations on your score.

Yea. I'm at TFW and honestly when I search for it there's a single written feedback and single video review both from the same poster. I'll check the 3a threads too.

---------------------

I also went ahead and ordered the Last Knight head for it as well.

Well... I got the head today, but it looks like the actual bot comes tomorrow... LMAO, go figure.

Surprisingly, the head is REALLY nice and really makes me excited for the full bot.

Well, yea... the head is a TLK upgrade. Got it from Ebay.

Anyways, it is here and it is ****ing glorious. GLORIOUS.

1-241.png

But I do have to ask, how does the ankle tilt work on it?

Yup, it really is a shame that they never released their Bee. I would have really liked for them to keep making TFs after how amazing this guy was.

Ended up having to return this item for a refund (which was thankfully refunded today) last week because the seller sent it broken with the feet literally glued to the balljoints for some reason. Upon letting the seller know of my findings, he responded basically saying "suck it up" and attempted to imply that I had done it myself on the return claim. This item was listed as new and mint condition. The Ebay seller's name is PopBotman and is selling out of Cranston Rhode Island. Please be weary of a similar listing for this item as I feel he will probably try to fraudulently sell it again.

unnamed-2-e1513671151402.jpg

unnamed-e1513671220149.jpg

unnamed-3-e1513671172279.jpg

Screenshot_20171219-135323.jpg

20171224_163821.jpg

****bag, dishonest seller and even asking in the Optimus Prime groups I'm in no one at all agreed with this being an issue reported on anyone else's ever. I already have another one (New/unopened) coming from another, trusted seller but buyers beware. This guy sold a product he screwed up under false pretenses, lied, and then stretched out the return/refund process as far as possible.

Back