Comic books are officially just a PC tool.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different view, Mr. Green liking these diversity. Terrorist hates anything that is beyond their conservative view/culture. What these comics doing is embracing women and diversity. They are embracing reality and who the next generation of readers can be; not limited to a certain demographic.

Past history and how people see themselves represented (even in comic books) matters.
So it would be appropriate for people to see themselves reflected positively (even in comic books) when for so long many persons have been misrepresented (if at all), even in comic books. These characters don't belong to anyone and will always evolve to stay current, or die off.

So we simply swap out identity/backstory to reflect whatever the current zeitgeist is? Is Spider-man being a white heterosexual male somehow not current? Are there no more white heterosexual males?

Nobody is buying comics anymore...the sales numbers are in the tank

As they should be. At least Manga is more or less just trying to only entertain, where as the West is just trying to push ****ing agendas.

Brad-Pitt-and-Angelina-Jolie-Gender-Swap--118391.jpg

No actually, having a "status quo midset" was more my point and not wanting the comics to evolve and change, much like the mindsets of many people in the world (and forum) Which is what Kitfisto was spouting. It was simply put into terms that you might comprehend. Obviously not.

You are incorrect. You say I support status quo and are totally ignoring the fact that I said comic companies are free to create ANY new characters they want to create. I simply want already established characters left alone. They can create an entire team of trans, gay, bi racial gnomes that identify as alien monkeys for all I care, but instead they'll continue to change existing characters to the cause of the week. Let the market decide if their new PC direction with NEW characters is what they want with their $. Frankly, I wouldn't spend a dime on it because that's not what I want to read.....maybe someone else does. What I'd like to do is follow the stories of the characters I already like, but I'm not allowed to anymore because they are being changed to fit a PC agenda. You have no problem telling me "deal with the changes and get over it", but I'm not allowed to say "leave existing characters alone"? That's a typical leftist point of view. In your opinion....your side is right and everyone else should shut up.

You are incorrect. You say I support status quo and are totally ignoring the fact that I said comic companies are free to create ANY new characters they want to create. I simply want already established characters left alone. They can create an entire team of trans, gay, bi racial gnomes that identify as alien monkeys for all I care, but instead they'll continue to change existing characters to the cause of the week. Let the market decide if their new PC direction with NEW characters is what they want with their $. Frankly, I wouldn't spend a dime on it because that's not what I want to read.....maybe someone else does. What I'd like to do is follow the stories of the characters I already like, but I'm not allowed to anymore because they are being changed to fit a PC agenda. You have no problem telling me "deal with the changes and get over it", but I'm not allowed to say "leave existing characters alone"? That's a typical leftist point of view. In your opinion....your side is right and everyone else should shut up.

To be fair, both sides are guilty of this. A ridiculous amount of people nowadays thinks they're right, that their opinions are fact, and that if you don't agree then you are not only wrong, but stupid.

I think it's hilarious that anyone actually thinks that Marvel isn't going to use Tony Stark as Iron Man anymore--ever. By all means, throw a fit if you want, but there is no way Tony Stark stops being Iron Man. Just like Superman didn't stay dead, Captain America isn't an old man anymore and isn't really a Hydra agent, Bucky isn't dead, etc. People are acting like in the next Marvel film, Iron Man will be played by Rihanna--which I'd still watch because of dat booty. :drool

Can I write an outrage blog about how some black chick is culturally appropriating white male nerd culture? What right does she have to steal white male nerd culture? WHAT RIGHT!!??

Or does it only work the other way around?

To be fair, both sides are guilty of this. A ridiculous amount of people nowadays thinks they're right, that their opinions are fact, and that if you don't agree then you are not only wrong, but stupid.

I think it's hilarious that anyone actually thinks that Marvel isn't going to use Tony Stark as Iron Man anymore--ever. By all means, throw a fit if you want, but there is no way Tony Stark stops being Iron Man. Just like Superman didn't stay dead, Captain America isn't an old man anymore and isn't really a Hydra agent, Bucky isn't dead, etc. People are acting like in the next Marvel film, Iron Man will be played by Rihanna--which I'd still watch because of dat booty. :drool

:lecture :lecture :lecture

To see proof of this just mosey through any thread in the movie forum. :lol +1

:lol

The funny part is that looks normal.
:lol:lol
Yes it does.

That's basically my feeling, except for throwaway characters that haven't been used in years and most fans don't know exist.

Good points Zod, except for Rihanna, cuz I can't stand to hear her speak.

Sometimes that's the truth tho.
The problem is in the attitude of both sides.

We're all
guilty-as-charged.jpg

Sometimes that's the truth tho.
The problem is in the attitude of both sides.

Part of the problem is the knee jerk reaction from people about stuff like this. No one on this board actually knows what Marvel has planned for this character, but to think that Tony Stark won't be Iron Man ever again is ludicrous. Years ago, Rhodey replaced Tony Stark as Iron Man for awhile and I don't remember people flipping out about it--probably because everyone that read comics back then realized that these are comics and that the stories are fluid and sometimes stupid. To me, this looks like the same situation. After what happened to Rhodey in the comics, it looks like they're replacing HIM, instead of Tony Stark--yet no one gives a **** about a black male character being replaced by a black female character.

Can I write an outrage blog about how some black chick is culturally appropriating white male nerd culture? What right does she have to steal white male nerd culture? WHAT RIGHT!!??

Or does it only work the other way around?

#originalcomicbookcharactersmatter

Part of the problem is the knee jerk reaction from people about stuff like this. No one on this board actually knows what Marvel has planned for this character, but to think that Tony Stark won't be Iron Man ever again is ludicrous. Years ago, Rhodey replaced Tony Stark as Iron Man for awhile and I don't remember people flipping out about it--probably because everyone that read comics back then realized that these are comics and that the stories are fluid and sometimes stupid. To me, this looks like the same situation. After what happened to Rhodey in the comics, it looks like they're replacing HIM, instead of Tony Stark--yet no one gives a **** about a black male character being replaced by a black female character.

I didn't even know that about Rhodes, I was only aware of this newest thing. That bugs me just as much. I don't care at all about what color people are in comics, I just wish original characters were left alone instead of bumping them out for someone else. Just make a new member of Tony's crew with a new name, and new armor :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back