Premium Format Colossus PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Colossus PF Sneak Peek

I dig it. I like this version of Colossus's costume, I like the sculpt, and looking at the whole thing together I don't think the cloth is all that bad. But knowing Sideshow is just doing the early 1990s, Jim Lee version of the X-Men makes this a pass for me. If I can't get a 1970s/80s version of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean Grey, then I just don't have much use for more X-Men beyond Wolverine. Hands do look a bit smallish to me.

I was referring to your flawed logic & poor attitude regarding how Sideshow shouldn't listen to their customers' complaints and concerns regarding their products. You were basically telling us to "put up or shut up".
See, maybe you "like it" but many people don't so maybe its you who believes that his opinion is "golden" and should override everyone else's :dunno :monkey4
A lot of collectors were anticipating The Colossus PF for a long time now only to be presented with a rather flawed product by Sideshow..from the terrible print, to the oversized gauntlets and undersized hands, the overspaced lines on his armor, the shorts that should ride up, even on "organic steel", to the Barbie-ish fabric used to make the clothing, the overall look of a large action figure and the unimaginative pose that looks similar to a Bowen piece :monkey1
For a 400$ price tag, many customers felt Sideshow should have put a little more effort and imagination into the Colossus PF and they should most definitely voice their complaints & concerns as it often leads to the company making improvements to the quality of the end product as with the case of DCD's Catwoman PF :lecture

Where have I said put up or shut up? I've always been referring to your entitled attitude of "oh Sideshow needs to listen to me because I am right." "Sideshow must fix this because it is obviously flawed."

And you need your head examined. You've pointed out all these "obvious" flaws about the statue and yet you predict that it will sky-rocket in value and you still want to buy it.
And you are lecturing me on flawed logic? :dunno

I still predict Colossus will reach 1k on the secondary market within a couple of years because of the marvel stamp so I'm most likely getting him now.

Hey Colossus buddy - what are your thoughts on the PF? You've been waiting on this one right?? :wave

I take that otherwise, in my mind the clothes has always been a part of Colossus, now it gives me the feeling, darn he wears clothes.

I'm another one that tends to not like these kinds of characters with too much cloth on the statues. I heavily dislike the Wolverine and Sabretooth statues. However, this statue, and also Psylocke, I like despite the heavy use of fabric.

:exactly:

I just want to take his clothes off .... WOOOOOW ..... :peace:peace:peace

I just want to take his clothes off .... WOOOOOW ..... :peace:peace:peace

Hey now!

larrysanders3.jpg

Again, your logic is flawed:dunno..I'm not getting him because I like him or would want to display him (unless Sideshow makes some radical improvements to this piece before it's released)..I'm obviously getting him as an investment, as its value will no doubt double in the secondary market because there are still people who will pay outrageous amounts of money on a statue, no matter how flawed, with a Marvel Xmen license tagged to it (this will not last forever though):monkey4

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

What are you smoking? Pass some of it along...

Would someone like to point out the flaw with Leo's argument?
He's too upset at me to listen.

Last edited:

I was referring to your flawed logic & poor attitude regarding how Sideshow shouldn't listen to their customers' complaints and concerns regarding their products. You were basically telling us to "put up or shut up".
See, maybe you "like it" but many people don't so maybe its you who believes that his opinion is "golden" and should override everyone else's :dunno :monkey4
A lot of collectors were anticipating The Colossus PF for a long time now only to be presented with a rather flawed product by Sideshow..from the terrible print, to the oversized gauntlets and undersized hands, the overspaced lines on his armor, the shorts that should ride up, even on "organic steel", to the Barbie-ish fabric used to make the clothing, the overall look of a large action figure and the unimaginative pose that looks similar to a Bowen piece :monkey1
For a 400$ price tag, many customers felt Sideshow should have put a little more effort and imagination into the Colossus PF and they should most definitely voice their complaints & concerns as it often leads to the company making improvements to the quality of the end product as with the case of DCD's Catwoman PF :lecture

3001211_press04.jpg
[/IMG]
300121_press01-001.jpg
[/IMG]

Agreed. This is one colossal mess! Poor pose, poor sculpt, & just more of the those laughable fabric apps.:slap:slap:slap 100% sculpted, always!

The pose was expected since they're doing the rest of the roster on those X bases as for the "quality" of the cloth, it looks like the same cloth SS has used from their earlier products. I don't see anything wrong with the sculpt either. :dunno

On how his costume should be hugging his upper torso to further showcase the sculpture under it is as far as I'll be agreeing with the criticism.

As for what Darren mentioned. "Toys/High End Collectibles" are poor choices to "invest" on unless of course one is talking about the business itself & not a single product.

Been thinking pretty hard about ordering Colossus but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. I do like the overall sculpt but I don't like his head(s) looking so far down and to the right. Seems like every SS piece has the head turned far off center these days, while it works for action poses, it gets tired in semi-neutral stances. While I'm not big on the cloth, it does fit right in with my Wolvie & Sabes PFs so that's not too big of a detractor, but even with him being tall I have trouble with his price being more than the Hulk comiquette. I'm just not going to order anything else unless it wows me.

I don't have a problem with cloth being used when it's accurate and works (like the boots). I just never thought of Colossus' upper uniform as being cloth. I've been thinking it was metal since 1975. LOL

BB

I don't mind this PF, as for the clothes well I managed to pull theses off the net, I don't know if his clothes should be fabic or metalic, i'm leaning towards fabric, but judge for yourself:

I believe Colossus' uniform as well as most of the other X-Men are fabric made from "unstable molecules". The Formula was originally created by Reed Richards and given to Charles Xavier. It allows the uniforms to stretch, grow, not get burnt, etc., etc.

Colossus' uniform of unstable molecules fits Peter when he is his natural 6'6" height, but grows/stretches to fit his 7'6" armored form.

Pretty funny how Marvel used this simple "science" explanation to explain why the costumes are so amazing and almost indestructible. What fabric made from "unstable molecules" looks like, I have no idea. LOL!

Now we know what happens to so many wives how they expand so quickly... they are made of unstable molecules :goodpost::lecture

That outfit is hilarious when you really think about it. Would you take a super hero seriously in that get up? I mean he dresses like a cheap 2 cent whore!

But what an awesome piece!

Well, I caved and ordered the Ex. I was going to get a regular at a discount, but it's less than $40 more for the Ex after factoring in SS's 5% rewards, which isn't a big markup for an extra portrait (albeit one worse than the regular) and a neat print.

Back