College Football 2012 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, definitely sounds like a "catfish" hoax and that he tried to cover it up due to embarrassment and now it's blown up. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Actually it sound like Te'o is gay and his "girlfriend in Canada" strategy got out of hand. After all if she "dies" tragically, you never have to explain her absence from huge public events like the national championship game.

Sounds to me like Te'o got caught red-handed. Now he's just acting like he was part of a "hoax." :lol Gene Wojciechowski even said that before his interview( on october 2) with Te'o about his "girlfriends death" he could not find an obituary, and that there was no evidence of any car crash. He aslo asked for photos and if he could contact the family and Te'o said that they would rather not be contacted. If you ask me, Te'o is a FREAK.

Its fun to have weird characters in sports or entertainment to just watch and shake your head or laugh. You really have to be a lunatic to invent someone's death for your own personal notoriety or something.

Do you have a link for this?

Obviously Te'o has admitted nothing and has decided to dig himself a deeper hole with the absolutely ludicrous claim he was just a "victim" of catfishing. His statements and actions over the past four months are totally irreconcilable with that claim.

Just read through the original Deadspin article, not only is the subtext concerning his relationship with the other guy involved quite clear, but numerous comments lay out the logic of the view he is gay succinctly.

Te'o is either:
1. pathological liar
or
2. gay

I realize to homophobes from his family to the Notre Dame team itself, option one is "better" for his football career, but option two is the only one that wins him any real sympathy or understanding for his actions.

I have no idea what to think if this Teo deal.

Part of me wants to believe he didn't make any of this up and he was just a pawn in the whole thing. Part of me thinks he knew, espcially since it seems that everyone who "knew" her is Somoan. Having some very close friends as a kid who were Somoan and how close they are with family(and its seems anyone that is Samoan is family) it seems hard to believe no one else knew about this hoax and informed him or his family.

I really hope and he was not involved though.

Still no idea what to think. This is definitely the most bizarre story in a while.

However, some in the sports media are going a little wacky. On Atlanta radio just now one of the sports jocks said "this might be the biggest college football scandal of the modern era." Really??? I guess the folks at Penn State are happy to hear that.

This is definitely going to be embarrassing to Te'o, though, and will follow him for a long time even if it turns out he was just a catfish mark. I can't imagine the ribbing he's gonna take in an NFL locker room.

ND_angle-NAVY_Green-480x4801.jpg

7MNGe.png

Back