1/6 Pop Costume EE01 Genoese Crossbowman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 1.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 2.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 3.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 4.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 5.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 6.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 7.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 8.jpg
PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 9.jpg

PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 11.jpg

PopCostume Genoese Crossbowman 10.jpg

Product number: POP-EE01

Accessories list:

1. Head carving*1
2. Body*1
3. Natural hand shape*1 pair
4. Knife grip hand shape*1 pair
5. Top*1
6. Pants*1
7. Boots*1 (leather)
8. Cape*1
9. Belt*1 (leather)
10. Weapon belt*1 (leather)
11. Helmet*1 (pure copper)
12. Faceguard*1 (pure copper)
13. Body armor*1 (pure copper)
14. Knee pads*1 pair (pure copper)
15. Dagger*1
16. Double-edged axe*1
17. Crossbow*1
18. Winding Device*1
19. Crossbow*5
20. Quiver*1
21. Shield*1
22. Arrow*3
23. Bracket*1

Genoese crossbowmen are famous European soldiers in the Middle Ages.

The crossbowmen, named Genoese crossbowmen because they were trained in Genoa, were used both to defend the Republic of Genoa and as mercenaries fighting other Italian cities and European states.

The commanders of their groups are often of Genoese noble origin, and their weapons are a crossbow made by the Ballista Company, a dagger, a helmet, a neck armor, a chain mail, and a Pavise shield (after loading It was used during the First Crusade, and its reputation lasted until the black powder became popular in Europe on a large scale in the 15th century. During this period they took part in many famous battles, among them the Battle of Crecy.

The Battle of Crecy was a classic battle in the Hundred Years' War between England and France. The British army defeated the French armored knights and crossbowmen with English longbowmen.

On the evening of August 26, 1346, the French army used Genoese mercenary crossbowmen to attack the British army first, shooting the longbowmen covering the left flank of the British army. These Genoese crossbowmen were very powerful and equipped with projectile weapons. Unfortunately: the British commander Archers have a longer range, and British archers stand on high and shoot downhill. The Genoese crossbowmen fired from the bottom up under the backlight. In contrast, the British attack was much more effective, taking advantage of its range, power, and terrain. After several rounds of shooting, the Genoese crossbowmen suffered heavy casualties. In the end, the Battle of Crecy ended with a great victory for the British army and a disastrous defeat for the French army.

:rolleyes:

Reference to the 1346 Battle of Crecy in relation to this figure is a bit of nonsense, since the armour on the figure is Gothic, which started to develop from the 1420s onwards.

Last edited:
Probably best to mute the volume before playing, because it's ridiculously loud!

That’s pretty cool. I can tell you that I’ve already lost all of the bolts it comes with. I’m sure I’ll find them in my bare feet on the carpet

This morning I was considering pre-ordering this again.

However, re-evaluating the photos their choice of copper for the armour killed it dead for me.

463703-PopCostume-Genoese-Crossbowman-11.jpg

The first mystery is why they associated this figure with the Battle of Crecy, and the second is why they decided to give him bronze armour?

Bronze armour was more expensive to make, and since steel is harder and stronger why bother putting expense and effort into bronze?

It's an interesting figure visually from a fifteenth century onwards viewpoint, but the decisions behind it are very odd.

Back