Collectors, Activate! Now's your chance to be a superhero!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that really sucks, i hope they catch the butthole(s) who did it.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me :lol

Salt Lake, eh? Go to Pixletwin's house. I bet he had all his wives help him do it.

Lay off Pix! If you think one nagging wife is enough, try 8! :lol I kid, I kid.

But seriously, I'll keep my eyes and ears out for them. It really would help if we had edition sizes, but if he is like me, he doesn't remember them. I'm shocked this happened here in Utah. I can't really understand why someone would steal what they did. Medals? You can't exactly sell those. The PFs would only be valuable to those in the know. Most theives would probably pass them up, although their large size may lead someone to think they were expensive. I hate to say it, but I would think the theif would have to be someone who knew him closely. A neighbor or friend perhaps? :confused:

Those are all numbered items... does he have the ES on them. That would assist collectors in identifying the stolen items. I assume more than that list is part of the $11,000 value.

We'll ask to see if he knows what edition numbers he had for each. Not sure if he does though :(

We'll ask to see if he knows what edition numbers he had for each. Not sure if he does though :(

I know I don't have mine memorized and I've only got 2 or 3 numbered items! Sideshow should recommend we keep track of our edition numbers as a safety percaution in the next newsletter. It could solve a case in this instance.

Got this message back from Greg (our CEO - also a cyclist), regarding whether Dave knows the edition numbers:

"Unfortunately not....so its going to have to be by a bit of luck that someone sees items go up that are possibly from a new or suspicious seller...or there’s a location (Utah) to the sellers listing that provides a clue."

I'm assuming he doesn't have the boxes either - bummer :(

Good point about the newsletter alert, Buttmunch, I'll pass that along to our NL author (which is no longer me, due to baby activities) :duff

Got this message back from Greg (our CEO - also a cyclist), regarding whether Dave knows the edition numbers:

Unfortunately not....so its going to have to be by a bit of luck that someone sees items go up that are possibly from a new or suspicious seller...or there’s a location (Utah) to the sellers listing that provides a clue.

No boxes either?

on ebay.com,
-click on 'advanced search'
-type in 'sideshow' or whatever keyword(s) to use
-especially select option to Items near me, possibly select 1000 miles, and then possibly select Salt Lake City, UT as the city

-select all options for shipping, including local pickup

click on search, and one of the links says "save search"
save it for 12 months if needed

SLC is also zip code 84101

Probably good that they don't have boxes, as I would think most collectors would keep the boxes. So not having a box on an ebay sale will be a signal to be wary. I wonder how long they are willing to keep there stash before they are going to risk something like ebay.

Maybe this thread should be a sticky till these jokers are caught. If it does become a sticky it will make it easier to refer to the state of this case, and once it is solved it can be unstickied. More people will know what's going on more readily.

Probably good that they don't have boxes, as I would think most collectors would keep the boxes. So not having a box on an ebay sale will be a signal to be wary. I wonder how long they are willing to keep there stash before they are going to risk something like ebay.

Maybe this thread should be a sticky till these jokers are caught. If it does become a sticky it will make it easier to refer to the state of this case, and once it is solved it can be unstickied. More people will know what's going on more readily.

That is very true, Creech - if they don't have the boxes that's definitely a marker on eBay to look out for!

that is very sad news for the collecting world.
I will keep my eyes open for any suspicious sales on ebay.

good luck dave !!

I hope all your stuff gets returned.

and yes looks for collectibles sales on ebay with no boxes and arround the area he lives.

Back